+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I found out with my first and third (I had a billion scans with him and it became pretty apparent that he was a he!) and I have no regrets finding but I must say that my surprise middle child's birth was something I just can't even describe! It was just so amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had 5 surprises and found out with my sixth because my eldest wouldn't be there when he was born and she wanted to know.
    I have no regrets but I do prefer the surprise.
    I had outfits in blue pink and white for all but the last one. I either kept them for the next one or gave them away.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

twocan  (14-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    we have our first due in February. we found out we're having a little boy. to us, it's a surprise whenever you find out, be it at the birth or at a scan earlier. plus I'm the kind of person who can't not know something so of course I had to know as soon as we could.

we didn't find out so that we could only buy blue clothes etc. I just like to know things and it makes the naming process a bit easier. I feel more organized knowing what we're having. maybe for the second we will keep it a surprise to the end but I doubt it. we've shared with everyone who's asked that it's a boy. when they ask what we're thinking re names, I don't say a word. mostly because we've not got any yet but I think the name is nice to keep private and announce at the birth.

we don't really consider the gender to be a big deal and are happy to tell anyone who's interested that it's a boy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

deku  (14-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Didn't find out with either of mine. Discovering the gender of bub after birth was literally the highlight of my life each time. Indescribable. Each to their own though, I know plenty of people who were very happy to find out beforehand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    I was having babies in the dark ages, and I never had a scan so each time I had that "its a...... ! I mostly bought white or yellow, but I really didn't buy much in advance of the births. As soon as the babies arrived I was inundated with stuff. I was fun to tell everyone after the baby was already here. I don't feel any regret that I did not know in advance of the delivery table. I am not even upset that I had a surprise twin birth. marie.
    oh wow! bet that was a surprise!! 😂😂

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I found out with my first, I absolutely had to know so I could feel prepared and organised with clothes, colours, names etc. I don't regret finding out, it was lovely and exciting to find out at the 20 week scan and helped me bond with my boy before he was born.

This time round we are having a surprise. Reason being, we found out last time, so this time I want different. I already have all my baby things and figure if it's a girl I will probably get lots of gifts from the family anyway (girl clothes etc). If it's a boy we're sorted. I need something to make the 2nd time round a little more exciting (first time everything was new, 2nd time it's not quite as exciting).
    well put re the bonding. I feel like knowing it's a little boy in there makes me feel closer to bub and his little identity. I like knowing it's a little boy in there.

that said, I totally get the logic of keeping the second birth a surprise when it's all a bit more of a familiar experience second time around. nice to have something to still get excited about!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do u regret finding out gender before baby was born or regret being team green?

I had a surprise first time, found out the second time. Both were great experiences - I loved finding out at birth the first time and loved knowing the second. I'm no help!
    Last edited by rusty22; 04-12-2015 at 14:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first pregnancy was a surprise and my second we found out. I found meeting the baby both times incredible. I love finding out to help me prepare and bond with the baby. We've just found out the gender at 11 weeks through the genesyte test and we both feel it makes it more real for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have waited for my first one but found out for my second because DH wanted to.

I thought I was ok with the idea. But honestly I regretted it for the rest of my pregnancy.

If I ever go for a third I won't find out. For me it was such a spoil, like peaking inside the gifts the night before Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Re: bonding Id thought I add that I fell heel over feet in love with my first who was a surprise the days after his birth.

My second who I knew was a girl it took me well over a month to love her. So I don't think finding or not finding help or prevent bonding with your baby. It depends on circumstances.