+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do u regret finding out gender before baby was born or regret being team green?

Hi everyone,

for or a long time I always said that when I got pregnant I would go team green all the way. I've always thought the experience of finding out gender at birth would be immeasurable and something I've longed to experience. The excitement of keeping myself and family and friends guessing if it's a she or he. During birth hearing the words " it's a ........" Is something I've always waited for.

however, there are times where I think, it's easier to find out now ( well in 2 months as I am only 3months) bc it would just be easier to get baby clothes and things for that gender.

so my question to you ladies that found out gender before baby's arrival, do u regret that decision and wish u had of waited? If so, why?

For those who didn't find out and were team green, did u also regret this decision and wish u had of found out earlier? If so, why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out with the first 4 of my 5 and didn't believe the first time 😂 so still bought gender neutral clothes. With the 5th, I went with the surprise and it was more amazing than I could have thought. Once I pushed bub out and hubby caught him (was a water birth), my first thought was instantly "is it a boy or a girl?" And hubby was the one who got to tell me the answer 😊

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was having babies in the dark ages, and I never had a scan so each time I had that "its a...... ! I mostly bought white or yellow, but I really didn't buy much in advance of the births. As soon as the babies arrived I was inundated with stuff. I was fun to tell everyone after the baby was already here. I don't feel any regret that I did not know in advance of the delivery table. I am not even upset that I had a surprise twin birth. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I found out and i still found the first meeting with my little man to be amazing. That said, I'm not super keen on really gendered clothes. Are you a fan of pink frilly things? If not then I wouldn't worry about needing to buy the 'right colour' stuff. Babies are just babies when they are little and you don't need nearly as much stuff as you think - 7 singlets, 7 onesies and some warm blankets will do just fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found out at 20 weeks, no regrets at all. I had a bad time in early pregnancy and I really needed something to look forward to at the 20 wk scan so I would stop worrying so much. Dh really wanted to know too. The ultrasound woman just got the pic up on the screen and let us guess ourselves before she told us which I thought was great.

I personally loved knowing in the last half of pregnancy, I felt like I bonded really well with ds - he had a name and we did his room up really boyish. I bought him his first blue teddy bear the day after the ultrasound. I want to find out next time too but now dh wants a surprise so I guess we'll wait and see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found out with my first, I absolutely had to know so I could feel prepared and organised with clothes, colours, names etc. I don't regret finding out, it was lovely and exciting to find out at the 20 week scan and helped me bond with my boy before he was born.

This time round we are having a surprise. Reason being, we found out last time, so this time I want different. I already have all my baby things and figure if it's a girl I will probably get lots of gifts from the family anyway (girl clothes etc). If it's a boy we're sorted. I need something to make the 2nd time round a little more exciting (first time everything was new, 2nd time it's not quite as exciting).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with scubagal too, seeing his beautiful face for the first time was still a wonderful moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having number 3 in a few weeks and we haven't found out with any of them. I have no regrets about not finding out. I loved meeting my babies first with no expectations. And to be honest I have probably saved myself a fortune in shopping by not buying all the beautiful things I see while I am pregnant 😊 My second born was a boy and the first boy for 20 years on my side so his birth announcement was even more of a shock to everyone when he came. To me there are not a lot of surprises in life so we really make the most of this one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    I found out and i still found the first meeting with my little man to be amazing. That said, I'm not super keen on really gendered clothes. Are you a fan of pink frilly things? If not then I wouldn't worry about needing to buy the 'right colour' stuff. Babies are just babies when they are little and you don't need nearly as much stuff as you think - 7 singlets, 7 onesies and some warm blankets will do just fine.
    Yeah I love all the pink frilly outfits hahaha, of course I won't go overboard buying all this at the start, but who am I kidding, I'm a fashion addict lol. I guess part of the reason of finding out earlier is so I can clothes shop. But you're absolutely right, newborns won't need as much in the first few weeks and I guess I could always shop later for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBMummy82 View Post
    I'm having number 3 in a few weeks and we haven't found out with any of them. I have no regrets about not finding out. I loved meeting my babies first with no expectations. And to be honest I have probably saved myself a fortune in shopping by not buying all the beautiful things I see while I am pregnant 😊 My second born was a boy and the first boy for 20 years on my side so his birth announcement was even more of a shock to everyone when he came. To me there are not a lot of surprises in life so we really make the most of this one!
    This is why I want to be team green, I just feel it's something to look forward to and keeps the surprise exciting. Of course finding out earlier doesn't mean it's not as exciting and I am sure either way it's an experience you'll always remember.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Milz00 For This Useful Post:

WannaBMummy82  (04-12-2015)