My wife recently took a home pregnancy test which tested positive. We live in Vancouver, BC, Canada and because my wife just recently applied to become a permanent resident as my spouse, she doesn't have medical coverage through MSP and likely won't have coverage for another 6-7 months. So we are trying to figure out what to do and I thought I could post some questions here and maybe get some help.
1. Should we go with a midwife or GP for her medical check-ups?
2. At what point will we be refered to an OBGYN?
3. What are the advantages of a GP over a midwife?
4. Which tests are important that we get done during the pregnancy?
5. My wife is 33 and she would like to do screenings for possible chromosome abnormalities. Do you recommend SIPS, IPS or NIPT?
6. How many ultrasounds should we do and at what weeks?
Thanks for any help with these questions.