+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I have a teenager and let me tell you, I've been having the exact same conversation with him since he was 5 ...
    "How was school?"
    - Boring/good/it was OK.
    "What did you do?"
    -Nothing.
    "Nothing??"
    - I don't know, mum, I can't remember.
    I have this with my nearly 8 year old and it sh!ts me to tears! I can't remember? How can you not remember?! My DD tells me everything to the point where my ears bleed but it gives me hope that you and your boy have the can't remember thing.You and LLH are my awesome mums of big boys heroes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I have this with my nearly 8 year old and it sh!ts me to tears! I can't remember? How can you not remember?! My DD tells me everything to the point where my ears bleed but it gives me hope that you and your boy have the can't remember thing.You and LLH are my awesome mums of big boys heroes.
    Hehe I get this too, my 9yo can't remember a thing until it's dinner time and then he can't shut up so dinner takes forever. Cue round two at bedtime when the rest of the day's stories come out in an attempt to delay bed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did you have a chat to the staff op?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there any reason he needs to be there? Do you work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't chatted to the staff lately but have in the past. They tell me he 'has had a good day' and tell me what he's done etc, but they were also the ones who told me I should be worried about ASD...

That's why I'm concerned. I've seen the early childhood health nurse x 2, 2 doctors and out psych who all say he doesn't have anything near ASD, but it keeps coming up

Last weekend when he was in the hospital for blood tests for diabetes, there was a girl his age who basically wouldn't shut up! He was more interested in all the toys than talking to her, so the doctor (who I've never met before) asked me if he has 'always spoken like that'? So I said yes why, and he seemed concerned with his speech (we happen to have speech therapy booked in for next year even though we don't think it's necessary, but then he went on to say he was concerned as DS didn't pay much attention to the little girl!!

Then I ask myself, do *i* have something wrong with ME because I didn't talk to the girls mother??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeSchoolMumOf4 View Post
    Is there any reason he needs to be there? Do you work?
    He starts school in 2017 so I want to keep him in daycare to prep him for that. I never used to work but actually went back last week, I am temping at the moment but hoping to find 3 days per week as of next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I haven't chatted to the staff lately but have in the past. They tell me he 'has had a good day' and tell me what he's done etc, but they were also the ones who told me I should be worried about ASD...

That's why I'm concerned. I've seen the early childhood health nurse x 2, 2 doctors and out psych who all say he doesn't have anything near ASD, but it keeps coming up

Last weekend when he was in the hospital for blood tests for diabetes, there was a girl his age who basically wouldn't shut up! He was more interested in all the toys than talking to her, so the doctor (who I've never met before) asked me if he has 'always spoken like that'? So I said yes why, and he seemed concerned with his speech (we happen to have speech therapy booked in for next year even though we don't think it's necessary, but then he went on to say he was concerned as DS didn't pay much attention to the little girl!!

Then I ask myself, do *i* have something wrong with ME because I didn't talk to the girls mother??
    I think most kids that age would be more interested in toys.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (06-12-2015)