TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    I'm jumping in here. 😄

Love Oribe and Shu Uemura hair products.

SK-II starter kits with the miracle water are good value.

I have soooo much makeup but rarely get to wear it. Am reading this thread and living vicariously through you ladies.
    Thanks @BettyW ! I have heard good things about SK-II I'll take a look at their products.

I didn't know that Shu made anything other than the best eyelash curlers! Ok slight exaggeration but never thought to look there for hair!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Its not an actual card though is it? I'm in their list thing and every time I buy they find my name. Dis not know I actually got anything from it lol.
    Yep, it's an actual card. I'll take a pic and show you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Thanks. I buy heaps from Mecca and they have never offered me this. Annoying.
    @GucciDahling I've started using a hair product called 3 inches longer. It's supposed to promote hair growth. I'm one of those whose hair never grows much past their shoulders. I don't know if it's making it grow but it feels amazing. Mecca sell it but I get it online.

I am a Nars girl through and through. Although now I'm older and my skin isn't holding up so well my sister put me on to a covergirl foundation which is the best. Lasts all day. Love it.
    Last edited by Sonja; 04-12-2015 at 23:49.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bummer @Sonja, make sure you ask them next time you're in store, that's disappointing you haven't been offered one to date!

I figure with things like 'loyalty cards' I may as well, I am buying anyway and there's no cost to be a member, might as well be rewarded for all the buying I do!

I'm a huge NARS fan as well, I bought 3 more of their 'The Multiple' (different colours) just last week and another Mizubake Kabuki brush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have to admit I haven't bought any new nars for ages. I have enough of the eye shadows to last me until I die and even then I suspect my daughters will use the dregs.

My new passion for lipsticks is Tom Ford. Not really new I was buying them a few years ago but recently starting but them again. His colours are incredible.

I also use the YSL cheek stain which works well in the Perth heat. I struggle to keep make up and never can bother with a primer. I've used them but honestly can't tell the difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I also use the YSL cheek stain which works well in the Perth heat. I struggle to keep make up and never can bother with a primer. I've used them but honestly can't tell the difference.
    Is that the kiss and blush? Have been drooling over that.

And I am so asking for an actual card next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Haircare
    Currently using Keune but not liking it. Hair always feels dry afterwards no matter how long I leave conditioner on or How much I use. I have really fine, coloured hair. My hair just doesn't have that nice clean but soft feeling. Used to use redken before baby but it doesn't suit me now either!
    What do you use? I'd prefer silicone free

P.S I know hair and skin products aren't make up. But you are the chosen people! I think you'll know this too!
    I found Davroe products made my hair feel brittle after using them.
    I switched to Hair house warehouse own brand.
    I liked them, easy to lather up and lightweight, but now
    I am having this problem, feels lank and greasy straight after drying.
    Very annoying.

I've tried many different brands, even a dandruff shampoo to try strip my hair but I find the NAK Body and Shine seems to be working a treat.
    Only using it since Monday but my hair looks washed when it's washed now. Imagine that!

$29 for a pack of shampoo and conditioner at the minute in Price Attack as well

hair.jpg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    've started using a hair product called 3 inches longer. It's supposed to promote hair growth. I'm one of those whose hair never grows much past their shoulders. I don't know if it's making it grow but it feels amazing.
    Does it thicken your hair?
    I need that more than length.
    Baby has taken all my thickness.

This might sound a bit airy-fairy but have you ever heard of getting your hair cut by the moon cycles?
    I had a Polish friend who was stunned to hear us Irish women didn't cut hair/shave legs/wax etc etc, by the moon phases.
    I never really looked into it but it's a thing.
    On reflection (in the past) there are times when I've had a hair cut and my hair never seemed to grow afterwards, and other times that I'd be in need of another cut within weeks.
    I always check the farmers almanac before booking an appointment if I have the time but I only get to the hairdresser about twice a yr anyway so it's hard to tell. But like I said, length isn't a problem now so maybe their is a grain of truth in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oxidisation!
    Now then, there's something that's been annoying me but didn't know it was a thing.
    I always, always, always have to buy different foundations and mix them to make a shade that doesn't turn orange on my face. I would love to have ONE foundation that's perfect for me.

Does anyone else have this problem?