+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @twinklify I got a Mac concealer, so glad you explained the process I would have gotten it all wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can anyone recommend a good mineral makeup or natural/organic foundation? I have been using Mac foundations for over 10 years but have been thinking about switching to mineral or something more natural for day-to-day (and keep my Mac for special occasions).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Get on the Aus Sephora website and get yourself some Zoeva brushes!

Oh curse you Twinklify! Now I want these too 😅!! I don't know if I could bring myself to spend that on brushes. Do you find that cheaper brushes do the job?

I'm enjoying the Lisa Eldridge tutorials. I've noticed that she always is doing eyebrow stuff, I've never touched my eyebrows other than tweezing a few strays! And all the stuff involved in putting on a base - all this contouring/highlighting/concealing/setting etc etc, I didn't know most of these products existed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    Look what the postie just bought me!

Attachment 75928

If only I knew what to do with it!������...so pretty though, I might just enjoy looking at it!!
    Yay, you got it! Do you like the Half baked?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good mineral makeup or natural/organic foundation? I have been using Mac foundations for over 10 years but have been thinking about switching to mineral or something more natural for day-to-day (and keep my Mac for special occasions).
    The bare minerals original powder foundation is quite a cult favourite. Found at Mecca Maxima. Not sure about how organic it is!

Innika (I think its spelt like that) is also a 'bigger' mineral makeup brand. You're in Brisbane aren't you? Its sold in Myer now and Biome as well. I have never used it but SIL loves it.

You might find you like BB/CC creams as well for lighter wear.

Oh curse you Twinklify! Now I want these too 😅!! I don't know if I could bring myself to spend that on brushes. Do you find that cheaper brushes do the job?

I'm enjoying the Lisa Eldridge tutorials. I've noticed that she always is doing eyebrow stuff, I've never touched my eyebrows other than tweezing a few strays! And all the stuff involved in putting on a base - all this contouring/highlighting/concealing/setting etc etc, I didn't know most of these products existed!
    You can tell the difference. Zoeva is a lot cheaper than other brushes though. You should see MAC prices.

I do like most of the real techniques brushes (which reminds me - pixiwoo are a good youtube channel too). Do not buy them in Aus! So so so so expensive. I got mine from iherb.

The multitask brush/buffing brush and the contour brush from the limited edition sets (with pink handles) is great for foundation. The setting brush (from the same set as contour brush) is great for setting under eye concealer and highlighter - it can be used for blush too!

And the base shadow brush and the other one (forgot the name of it) are great for both eyeshadow and concealer under the eyes.

Also ecotools and E.L.F. are ok (again too expensive to buy from Aus - iherb again). The E.L.F. cosmetics are pretty good and inexpensive. Just google some reviews as they can be hit or miss.

OMG. I spend too much time looking at makeup. I am sooooo not an expert. Just have lots of information and noone to tell (not surprisingly DH does not want to discuss makeup at all).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Phony  (05-12-2015),sunnygirl79  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 'Make-Up Aficionados' lets chat here...

@Mod-Uniquey Yes it came so fast! I ordered online with Mecca and it arrived 24 hours later via courier! I didn't even pay postage!

I haven't used half baked yet but it looks gorgeous - I can't believe ho well the colours stay put compared with what I was using.
    Last edited by ArthurDent; 04-12-2015 at 16:02.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Mod-Uniquey Yes it came so fast! I ordered online with Mecca and it arrived 24 hours later via courier! I didn't even pay postage!

I haven't used half baked yet but it looks gorgeous - I can't believe ho well the colours stay put compared with what I was using.
    Make sure you get a loyalty card from Mecca, I have one and if you reach a certain amount you get little gifts/samples throughout the year. I haven't ordered online from them, I have a store about 15 minutes away which is dangerous lol! I'm very impressed with the turnaround with your order though, wow!

So glad to hear you like the colours, I had a feeling you would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Make sure you get a loyalty card from Mecca, I have one and if you reach a certain amount you get little gifts/samples throughout the year. I haven't ordered online from them, I have a store about 15 minutes away which is dangerous lol! I'm very impressed with the turnaround with your order though, wow!

So glad to hear you like the colours, I had a feeling you would.
    Its not an actual card though is it? I'm in their list thing and every time I buy they find my name. Dis not know I actually got anything from it lol.

They use express shipping and its free if you spend over $75. My basket currently has $145 worth of skin care and other little things. I will go in store sometime to get a bb/cc cream and new concealer to go with it (I am packing some pretty stuff in my hospital bag - I want to feel pretty this time after the birth). I have the soap and glory pack (that had the big makeup case), mini mascara, tiny eyeshadow pallette, cheek/lip jelly combo thing. I want to throw in a BB cream, concealer and maybe a tinted lip balm or something.

The shower gel, body butter, hand cream, shampoo/conditioner, moisturiser will all go in there as well.

I sound so vain. But I really regret not looking after myself at all after having DS.

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default 'Make-Up Aficionados' lets chat here...

I need a new skincare and also new shampoo/conditioner.
    Skincare
    I was a Chanel girl - love it but really can't justify the price tag anymore
    Then I was a Lancôme fan - and I don't know if it suited me post baby.
    I'm now using ahava but I'm not hugely keen on it. I don't think the cleanser is any good for me and my pores seem constantly blocked and filled with gunk!
    So any suggestions?!??? I have aging skin, quite a few fine lines, dry combination and can be blemish prone from time to time.

Haircare
    Currently using Keune but not liking it. Hair always feels dry afterwards no matter how long I leave conditioner on or How much I use. I have really fine, coloured hair. My hair just doesn't have that nice clean but soft feeling. Used to use redken before baby but it doesn't suit me now either!
    What do you use? I'd prefer silicone free

P.S I know hair and skin products aren't make up. But you are the chosen people! I think you'll know this too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm jumping in here. 😄

Love Oribe and Shu Uemura hair products.

SK-II starter kits with the miracle water are good value.

I have soooo much makeup but rarely get to wear it. Am reading this thread and living vicariously through you ladies.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (04-12-2015)