+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Best eye primers IMO are:
    Mac paint pot
    Urban decay primer potion
    NARS pro prime

Best eye concealer and highlighter:
    Clinique airbrush
    YSL touché eclat

My current favourite product is Benefit "gimme brow" which gives me instant brow
    I also love benefit "brow zing" because brows end up flawless but it's more work with the wax first then the powder. I'm all about brows at the moment trying to draw attention away from my wrinkles!
    Yes yes yes for eye primers above.

If you need coverage for concealers try mac prolongwear concealer, urban decay naked skin concealer or nars creamy concealer.

I agree that YSL touche eclat is a great concealer/highlighter.

And an alternative to benefit gimme brow (I love it too!) Is the loreal one. Maybelline has one too.

And re: tubular mascara I am sure Australis has one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (05-12-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    Look what the postie just bought me!

Attachment 75928

If only I knew what to do with it!😅...so pretty though, I might just enjoy looking at it!!
    Pinterest! I have so many tutorials pinned I can never remember which one I want to do on any given day!
    They're just so much fun to play around with

I can't remember who was talking about dry skin, but I have to say in August I invested a fair bit of money in a lot of arbonne products because my sil is a consultant.
    I bought the whole RE9 set which is cleanser, toner, serum, eye cream, day moisturiser and night moisturiser and my skin has never been better.
    Before that I was using Clinique but I didn't *love* it so I thought I would look at something different. This stuff is amazing!
    And while I'm on my "nomsie loves arbonne" soapbox, let me just add their translucent setting powder is ah-maze-ing.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1449173577.088273.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a dry skin girl.

Currently in the midst of overhauling skin care (I'm getting older - boo!).

I mentioned Bobbi Brown eye cream. Which is amazing for me. For cleansing, clarisonic at night and I use philosophy 'purity' cleanser. I have not used it long enough to comment (looove the clarisonic though!). I like using rosehip oil for night moisturising for skin. In winter, moisturising cream and oil for extra hydration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 'Make-Up Aficionados' lets chat here...

@twinklify about the rose hip oil....do you just buy any rose hip oil and how do you apply it? Apart from moisturizing does it do anything for fine lines?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok all of you wise and wonderful women help a sister out.

I only wear makeup for occasions and usually get away without concealer but pregnancy has left me with terrible acne just in time for a dinner party with DH colleagues and their very glamorous wives.

How do I best cover it?

Do I just put a concealer under my normal foundation or is there more to it?

What brand of concealer do you recommend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    What kind of skin type do you have? Try a primer that suits your skin type first (if oily - a mattifying primer and a matte/satin finish foundation and for dry more satin/dewy foundation with a moisturing primer. For combo ise a bit of both!). Use thin layers of foundation. Then powder gently. And for a long lasting base you can use a setting spray (a lot of people rave about the urban decay setting sprays).

I have also seen a beauty guru use Nivea aftershave balm for sensitive skin as a primer. Due to the glycerin the foundation 'sticks' better.

Again go to a beauty counter. Discuss your skin. Get samples and have a play around with it all
    I've tried a few. My skin is just too sensitive, so I break out in welts when I use liquid foundation or any cheap makeup. Soooo annoying!!! However, stronger powders seem to work well - get a good enough even coverage and coating without the weight of liquid. Hurray!

I'll try the Nivea tip. Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post
    @twinklify about the rose hip oil....do you just buy any rose hip oil and how do you apply it? Apart from moisturizing does it do anything for fine lines?
    I use trilogy. There are a few brands that do it though. It helps keep me hydrated so helps a little with the fine lines. Its just 2-3 drops on a damp face/neck.

Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Ok all of you wise and wonderful women help a sister out.

I only wear makeup for occasions and usually get away without concealer but pregnancy has left me with terrible acne just in time for a dinner party with DH colleagues and their very glamorous wives.

How do I best cover it?

Do I just put a concealer under my normal foundation or is there more to it?

What brand of concealer do you recommend?
    Concealer is applied on top of foundation. If you have a lot of red pigmentation you can colour correct then foundation and then conceal.

Most foundations do a good job of evening out skintone. So I would moisturise, prime (if you want), thin layers of foundation (you can build up on your problem areas), then conceal.

Are you looking for more high end or something from priceline?

For high end try MAC pro correct and conceal. Or Laura Mercier secret camouflage for blemishes.

For cheaper ones try getting a thicker and/or stick one.

Also, for guidance on how to apply and conceal (like a pro!) Search for Lisa Eldridge concealer tutorial. She has a specific acne/blemish tutorial and also a flawless face one that gives really good tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    I've tried a few. My skin is just too sensitive, so I break out in welts when I use liquid foundation or any cheap makeup. Soooo annoying!!! However, stronger powders seem to work well - get a good enough even coverage and coating without the weight of liquid. Hurray!

I'll try the Nivea tip. Thanks!!
    Ok. I would not use liquid then! The powder foundations are good as long as you have a good moisturised face. I do know people have a preference for them. Have you tried mineral makeup like bare minerals?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (04-12-2015),TheGooch  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh my word my make up obsession has spiraled of late

I have a mix of high end and "drugstore" brands, it all just depends on what my budget allows for at the time. I probably have more foundations than I need, and I am desperate for a couple more (Too Faced Born This Way and NARS all day luminous weightless foundation, I'm looking at you)!

I have sensitive, combination skin - an oil t-zone and dry everywhere else. My favourite foundations so far are MAC studio sculpt, Napoleon China Doll, Rimmel Lasting Finish and Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth. I either use no powder, or the Fit Me pressed powder of the Australis loose, translucent finishing powder.

Concealers, I use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind for covering any blemishes, and Rimmel Match Perfection for under eyes, because it covers and highlights.

My eye shadows mostly consist of E.L.F baked products (so amazing) and the new Australis palettes. I also have both the Models Prefer and Australis light powder contouring/highlighting palettes.

Lipliners, lipsticks, lip crayons, lip gloss and lip stains I have in all brands, in all colours. Just like my blushes. My favourite blush at the moment is a gorgeous pink from Savvy (Priceline), the pigment is amazing. But also loving the E.L.F baked blushes. Also love my Bahama Mama bronzer from The Balm and my Napoleon Bronze Patrol.

Mascaras I am using are a Napoleon Peep Show and CoverGirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher. I use Benefore POREfessional face primer and Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye primer.

I use a combination of Models Prefer, E.L.F Studio, and Real Techniques brushes, but am dying to get my hands on a set of Zoeva brushes. Also need to get my hands on Skindinavia finishing spray.

My goodness, that turned into a novel I think it's safe to say that I love make up, but I need to get my hands on more high end stuff...eventually...when I can convince the Husband that I NEED more make up!

Most of my favourite youtubers for tutorials have been mentioned, but I do like Kathleen Lights as well, mostly I'm just envious of her make up collection!
    Last edited by Lillynix; 04-12-2015 at 10:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    I use a combination of Models Prefer, E.L.F Studio, and Real Techniques brushes, but am dying to get my hands on a set of Zoeva brushes. Also need to get my hands on Skindinavia finishing spray.
    Get on the Aus Sephora website and get yourself some Zoeva brushes!

BTW, for those that can't afford MAC eyeshadows try Makeup Geek.