'Make-Up Aficionados' lets chat here... | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sub

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Why hello! I don't know if I would call myself an aficionado but I do loves me some make up!Latest buy was the younique 3D fibre lashes. I know, not a big name brand my any means but I just had a friend become a consultant and I was curious. I quite like it! I especially like that it doesn't run or sweat off like others have done. And it does make my lashes really longer.
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 03-12-2015 at 08:38.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (03-12-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    After wearing next to no makeup for years,unless a special occasion, I'm trying to get a small collection of some good basics. I've decided I'm looking a bit old and haggard! I blame my kids!

I've just purchased a NARS concealer thingy, a stila liquid eyeliner and the naked1 palette, yay! I need to find a nice but very light foundation or powder type thing,but no idea what to get there.
    I love Chanel vitalumiere aqua foundation. It's very light weight, and the b20 colour is perfect.
    Any time anyone comments on my skin, I'm wearing that foundation.
    Doesn't work on overly oily skin and is a light to medium coverage.
    I agree with twinklify - go to one of the counters and let them pamper you.
    I've had success with Chanel, Armani, bobbi brown foundations! Pricey but worth it!

Or bourjois healthy mix and bourjois healthy mix serum foundations are lovely! And about a third of the price. Their colours are also good. I'm fair skin, neutral undertones and in winter 52 is perfect for me. In summer, 53 is great.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @GucciDahling - you say you have fair skin - are we talking so fair your skin is practically translucent and you could glow under a black light? I ask because I am that fair, and I've really struggled to find a foundation that suits my skin. The only one I've been using is the body shop moisture foundation in 01. I have to confess to giving up looking for others once I found one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    @GucciDahling - you say you have fair skin - are we talking so fair your skin is practically translucent and you could glow under a black light? I ask because I am that fair, and I've really struggled to find a foundation that suits my skin. The only one I've been using is the body shop moisture foundation in 01. I have to confess to giving up looking for others once I found one!
    I am super pale. And I think foundation oxidises on me which does not help. I have Bobbi Brown porcelain which is perfect. Illamasqua dkin base have very pale shades as does MAC (try face and body). No drugstore foundation is pale enough for me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 'Make-Up Aficionados' lets chat here...

My skin doesn't like liquid foundation, so I stay away from it unless it's a formal occasion.

I'm going through a love of Chanel makeup at the moment, so use their pencil eye liner, mascara, lipsticks and blush.

Dior powder. Urban Decay eye primer.

Previously I used to use MAC eye products, but twice I had their liquid liner dry out on me in a short amount of time, so I gave up. I also found the wear of their eye shadows wasn't long enough for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @twinklify - I'll give them a go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've been wearing MAC eye makeup for about 15 years now. Occasionally I'll try other brands but for my eyes I'm a MAC lover through and through. I've also got their primer and foundation for going out. I'm a bit promiscuous with mascara, but the one I tried recently that I want to get again because it was really good is Nutrimetics.

I wear makeup every day, would never leave the house without at least mascara and lipstick. Every day I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, eyebrow pencil and L'Oréal Colorstay lipstick (don't have to touch it up all day, love it). It doesn't take long at all to put my makeup on.

We are down to one income at the moment so the only thing I splurge on is the MAC eyeshadow and blush. I'm happy to use cheaper brands for most other items like eyeliner, eyebrow pencil etc. The lipstick is another thing I won't compromise on, has to be the L'Oréal. And I need to get more mascara so I'll have to contact my Nutrimetics person soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my kind of thread! I loveeeeee make up!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (04-12-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    My skin doesn't like liquid foundation, so I stay away from it unless it's a formal occasion.

I'm going through a love of Chanel makeup at the moment, so use their pencil eye liner, mascara, lipsticks and blush.

Dior powder. Urban Decay eye primer.

Previously I used to use MAC eye products, but twice I had their liquid liner dry out on me in a short amount of time, so I gave up. I also found the wear of their eye shadows wasn't long enough for me.
    I've seen techniques on Pinterest to revive dried (but in date) eyeliners and mascara - I think it's by adding a little bit of baby oil.
    Who knows really though- it is Pinterest after all! I would be annoyed if my eyeliners did that to me, too. We pay enough for makeup in Aus as it is. I see Americans whinge about their prices all the time and just think "if only!"

Does anyone else here go bold with their eyeliner? I used to be very brave with it pre-kids (when I went out to pubs and clubs regularly) but ever since I've had kids I've tamed it down a lot. I'm sort of talking like Adele style liner. I suppose the main difference is I don't go anywhere to wear it like that these days... Never mind me. I've been awake since 4:30 and I think it's starting to take effect...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (03-12-2015)