+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Lucky suckers!
    I've overspent on the holidays with MIL being here so no treats for me, except maybe an eyeliner??? Hehe
    Can some one recommend me one that won't budge?
    I've got one eye that no matter what I use, will end up a panda eye?
    No eye-dea wh-eye
    I feel a bit silly answering these as I'm still a complete novice!

But I recently got a Stila liquid liner, it goes nowhere and huge range of colours. My urban decay double ended pencil just arrived - really lovely to put on, I'll keep you posted as to if it stays put or not!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

Phony  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Lucky suckers!
    I've overspent on the holidays with MIL being here so no treats for me, except maybe an eyeliner??? Hehe
    Can some one recommend me one that won't budge?
    I've got one eye that no matter what I use, will end up a panda eye?
    No eye-dea wh-eye
    Are you using a base under your eyeliner? Too Faced Shadow Insurance is good, invisible and keeps things in place and stops shadow from creasing.

Also try setting your liner with a little powder or eyeshadow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1451812843.164572.jpg

So I was given this as a gift. Stupid question coming up from someone with no idea 😉.... The shade on the left is a blush I assume, Is that browner shade on the right a contourer/bronzer type thing? Or just a dark blush?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok hopping back in. I'm after suggestions for YouTube vids for work looks that aren't overdone or too young looking. I have always work makeup daily but always fairly basic, just looking for some new looks.

And since I'm working FT for the first time in ages I'm looking forward to buying some nicer makeup. Any opinions on inglot? I bought an eyeshadow and lipstick a few days back, but looking for longer lasting foundation and not sure how they compare to other brands. I think the dept store counters are prob a bit out of my price range for now, but I'm after any suggestions for mid range products...

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    Attachment 77127

So I was given this as a gift. Stupid question coming up from someone with no idea 😉.... The shade on the left is a blush I assume, Is that browner shade on the right a contourer/bronzer type thing? Or just a dark blush?
    Yup you're right!
    Blush and bronzer
    You could use the bronzer to contour if it works with your skin tone.
    I use bronzer around my temples and where sunlight hits.
    Sometimes instead of blush depending on what I'm doing with eyes and lip

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default 'Make-Up Aficionados' lets chat here...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Ok hopping back in. I'm after suggestions for YouTube vids for work looks that aren't overdone or too young looking. I have always work makeup daily but always fairly basic, just looking for some new looks.

And since I'm working FT for the first time in ages I'm looking forward to buying some nicer makeup. Any opinions on inglot? I bought an eyeshadow and lipstick a few days back, but looking for longer lasting foundation and not sure how they compare to other brands. I think the dept store counters are prob a bit out of my price range for now, but I'm after any suggestions for mid range products...
    Lisa Eldridge for sure
    She's in her 40s, has some class and her style is quite elegant and not overdone
    She has some looks on her website she labels as work looks but really, a lot of her looks would be great for work.

I've never used inglot.

For longer lasting foundation I love Estée Lauder double wear light. Around $50. Normal double wear is too heavy for me.
    Otherwise Chanel perfection lumiere is nice and has good staying power. But that's around $90
    It depends on your skin type though. I have combination skin, prone to dry patches on my cheeks but an oily as eff nose that stuff slides right off. So I have to powder there and my chin, regardless of the foundation.
    Some swear by revlon colour stay but I found it a bit mask like.
    I love love love bourjois foundations - healthy mix and healthy mix serum. Both are a bit dewy and need powder for me. But they're natural looking and last reasonably well. Around $30 I think.
    Last edited by TheGooch; 03-01-2016 at 23:17.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Pearlygirl  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My sister is currently in the US and has asked for a list for Sephora.
    Trouble is, I have been out of the makeup loop so long I don't know what to get!!!
    Suggestions please!

Oh and newsflash! Chanel has a new foundation out! Les Beiges !!!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    My sister is currently in the US and has asked for a list for Sephora.
    Trouble is, I have been out of the makeup loop so long I don't know what to get!!!
    Suggestions please!

Um, no idea what you should get because I'm broke AF and don't even bother looking as its so depressing- but how awesome for you! Present Day when you next see her is going to be AWEsome!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post

Not sure what your skin is like or what overall look you're going for, but I've had a lot of success with the Nude by Nature range. I use the primer, then the mineral powder and then the finishing powder and find that it stays on all day at work. It gives me that "I'm not actually wearing makeup and have smooth perfect skin" look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    So has anyone tried this new Chanel foundation yet??