+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post
    Which ever eyeliner you end up buying, if you put on primer/eyeshadow under the eyeliner it will last longer.
    How did you go with brush shopping I loved my Mac foundation brush so much I had to get the travel size too!
    I almost had to sell my first born but I ended up getting the MAC foundation brush, I'm a little bit in love!
    Some things are worth spending a bit extra :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Recommendations for a good waterproof mascara?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok you clever people... Thanks for the brown eyeliner tip!!! I have blue eyes and never did I think to use it, but I like it!

Question... Have just had my hair colored and I'm trying to work out if my eyebrows need to be tinted darker than the already are? So what's the rule, lighter than your hair or darker?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaDoLittle View Post
    Ok you clever people... Thanks for the brown eyeliner tip!!! I have blue eyes and never did I think to use it, but I like it!

Question... Have just had my hair colored and I'm trying to work out if my eyebrows need to be tinted darker than the already are? So what's the rule, lighter than your hair or darker?
    IMO, the same or darker. Blondes with dark brows look great, but brunettes with blonde eyebrows..... no. Just no. And as a natural brunette with white blonde eyebrows, I can say that. I dye mine a little darker than my hair (also dyed a little darker than its natural colour).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    I almost had to sell my first born but I ended up getting the MAC foundation brush, I'm a little bit in love!
    Some things are worth spending a bit extra :-)
    You'll be hooked now, nothing will compare
    My most recent foundation brush is the stippling/duo fiber/skunk/blending brush (whatever it's called, everyone seems to call it something different) it is seriously fantastic, for me it's not an everyday brush, but when I do full makeup, and it really does a flawless finish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perfectly fine. They're such a nice shape as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    I need a new skincare and also new shampoo/conditioner.
    Skincare
    I was a Chanel girl - love it but really can't justify the price tag anymore
    Then I was a Lancôme fan - and I don't know if it suited me post baby.
    I'm now using ahava but I'm not hugely keen on it. I don't think the cleanser is any good for me and my pores seem constantly blocked and filled with gunk!
    So any suggestions?!??? I have aging skin, quite a few fine lines, dry combination and can be blemish prone from time to time.

Haircare
    Currently using Keune but not liking it. Hair always feels dry afterwards no matter how long I leave conditioner on or How much I use. I have really fine, coloured hair. My hair just doesn't have that nice clean but soft feeling. Used to use redken before baby but it doesn't suit me now either!
    What do you use? I'd prefer silicone free

P.S I know hair and skin products aren't make up. But you are the chosen people! I think you'll know this too!
    @GucciDahling how'd you go thinking about new hair products? I feel like I've tried everything (usually use combo of redken cleansing creme 1-2 times a month, matrix biolage hydration and joico k-pak), when I had my hair chopped last week they recommended Sebastian penettrant which I haven't had before so I bought shampoo, conditioner and potion 9 styling treatment and feels great so far. I have coloured, fine hair (but lots of it).

I am reading with interest, but cannot contribute to, the makeup discussion. I'm ashamed of my total incompetence in this field lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've just started using Aesop hair care. Loving it! It's taken a few washed to get used to but my hair feels stronger and shinier in a very natural way. I'm also using their Rose hair mask which I love! Intrigued by makeup brushes after reading this thread, I was a makeup artist years ago and the thought of using anything but my fingers for blending seems strange however you all seem pretty impressed so will have to try...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Keune for hair care is great also, just a little difficult to find in Australia, I used to get mine from my hairdresser or online. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1449839298.838452.jpg

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    @GucciDahling how'd you go thinking about new hair products? I feel like I've tried everything (usually use combo of redken cleansing creme 1-2 times a month, matrix biolage hydration and joico k-pak), when I had my hair chopped last week they recommended Sebastian penettrant which I haven't had before so I bought shampoo, conditioner and potion 9 styling treatment and feels great so far. I have coloured, fine hair (but lots of it).

I am reading with interest, but cannot contribute to, the makeup discussion. I'm ashamed of my total incompetence in this field lol.
    I'm going to try and find samples or travel sizes of each before I invest in a full size expensive bottle.
    My sister uses the shampure range at aveda and loves it. I love Aesop shower gels so I would be open to trying that.
    I have Keune now. This is the second range of theirs I've tried and I haven't liked either. I just don't think it suits my hair although some I know love it.