+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Majeen View Post
    My skin is normal to oily, prone to some acne. I have large pores on my nose. It will be under make up so not sure if you need matte finish?
    A lot of people prefer silicone primers to blur or fill pores.

For more expensive ones, try benefit pre professional or smashbox photo finish pore minimiser primer.

For 'drugstore' Loreal/Garnier do blur creams/primer that do the same thing.

For mattifying loreal also do the infallible matte primer. For a cheaper primer, rimmel have a stay matte primer (you can use more than 1 primer on different parts of your face).

Make Up Forever also do amazing (but expensive!) primers.

Otherwise, set your foundation with powder always. Also it will probably be better to use a satin/matte finish foundation as well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Majeen  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    Thank you so much for the eyeliner recommendations, I'm hitting the shops today. I'm also going to pick up a foundation brush.
    Loving the awesome tips, thank you!!
    Which ever eyeliner you end up buying, if you put on primer/eyeshadow under the eyeliner it will last longer.
    How did you go with brush shopping I loved my Mac foundation brush so much I had to get the travel size too!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

calicocat  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a good play with the naked 1 palette now and I really like it. My only complaint is that I wish it had a few more matte shades. I'm too old to be shimmering all the time!

I feel like I need a little matte palatte for when I need to tone it down! I don't really like either of the Urban decay basics though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    I've had a good play with the naked 1 palette now and I really like it. My only complaint is that I wish it had a few more matte shades. I'm too old to be shimmering all the time!

I feel like I need a little matte palatte for when I need to tone it down! I don't really like either of the Urban decay basics though.
    Too Faced Natural Matte maybe? Or Kat Von D shade light eye pallate (from Sephora only)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (07-12-2015)

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Do you like MAC eyeshadows? I haven't bought any for ages but with such a huge variety of colours you could pick up 3-4 matte colours to go with your naked palette to balance out the shimmer! Or any brand you prefer.
    I don't mind NYX eyeshadows from
    Target!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Do you like MAC eyeshadows? I haven't bought any for ages but with such a huge variety of colours you could pick up 3-4 matte colours to go with your naked palette to balance out the shimmer! Or any brand you prefer.
    I don't mind NYX eyeshadows from
    Target!
    I've never tried them, the naked palette was my first real shadow purchase 😀. I'll check those out though, thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mecca has free shipping at the moment 😎

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mecca has free shipping at the moment 😎
    Thanks! I knew subscribing to this thread would be dangerous. I just ordered a few nars and smash box products. Can't wait til they arrive. Got a few freebies too 😃

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dollypops For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (09-12-2015),BettyW  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven worn make up before kids 😳 #feelinglikeafezza

Maybe I need a Xmas present in Mac

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post
    Which ever eyeliner you end up buying, if you put on primer/eyeshadow under the eyeliner it will last longer.
    How did you go with brush shopping I loved my Mac foundation brush so much I had to get the travel size too!
    I had to sell my first born but I ended up getting the MAC foundation brush, I'm a little bit in love!