+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry just wanted to add. Since wetting is only at night (not day & night) they may not be a Phyisical cause after all.

Have you tried toilet timing (day & night) and limiting evening fluids?

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    My 7yo ds2 still were the bed. I also believe there is a genetic link because I remember on the odd occasion still wetting the bed when I was 12 or so (I would dream I was going to the toilet- very confusing!) and df's niece was still bed wetting until the same age.
    My foot is firmly planted in the "they will grow out of it" stage. I like the idea of reusable pull ups too, especially if you are concerned about the environmental impacts of the disposable ones.
    Good luck. It's not easy, dealing with soaked beds and children in the middle of the night, but a positive that has come out of it for me is that I am a pro at changing all the bed clothing in the dark, very quickly and quietly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    UPDATE: A few days ago DD said to me: "I don't want to wear pull ups anymore. I just want to wear undies to bed." So I have been carrying DD to the toilet at night and... the past two nights were DRY!! I am so happy about this, even though I know it may not completely be the end of it, at least we've made some progress ☺️P.S. DS did not wake up any of those times.
    P.P.S. I have two of those "kylies" that they use in nursing homes from a deceased relative - extremely handy for bed wetters and also nappy free time for bub!
    P.P.P.S. My so-called "best friend" still has not spoken to me since the tiff we had about the bed wetting 😔

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MilkyMama For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (11-12-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (11-12-2015),SheWarrior  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dd1 used to sometimes wet her pull up in the morning cus she didn't want to get out of bed but that wasn't always the case so making her wear undies seemed unfair. She was deep sleeper. She spontaneously gave pull ups up at 5, lots of wetting but it was her decision. Ds is 6 and still wears pull ups. Same thing, dp takes him to loo about 11pm and somedays he's already wet through and others we are pretty sure he's dry in the morning but can't be bothered getting up! It's a tricky balance but they all grow out of it eventually!