Intralipids for NK Cells in Cairns | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear @PositiveVibes,

I really appreciate your warm wishes and encouragement. I'm sending the some straight back to you as your appointment with Wazza and some big decisions must be looming. It's a real shizzer when you lose those long messages but just getting out those thoughts and feelings can be so cathartic even if they do get lost somewhere in cyberspace. I know that in the past when I've been a jumble of emotions writing things down has really helped me clarify, articulate and work through my feelings.

We arrived back in Cairns on Wednesday - we had the most wonderful experience in Cape Town. It is a very special place. So much to see and do and the people are so warm and friendly, I would go back again in a heart beat! I can't speak more highly of the clinic and Dr Matebese - DH and I immediate felt completely at ease with her - she is warm and compassionate but also very honest.

I was quite worried about going with an unproven donor but we have had a wonderful result so far. They retrieved 14 eggs, 11 were injected and 9 fertilised... and from that we got 8 x 5 day blasts... They transferred 2x 4aa blasts and the remaining 6 were good enough to freeze so we have been very lucky. Being on holiday also kept my anxiety at bay which I usually really struggle with during IVF cycles so that can only be a good thing... I got a positive HPT at 9dpo so I have been walking on air since then. I had a blood test on Thursday @ 14.5 DPO - HCG of 218 and a follow up one today @ 16.5 DPO - HCG of 487 so we are thrilled to bits so far as everything at this stage is on track but there is a very long way to go.

I only spoke briefly to Tanya - she seemed lovely and she arranged the second lot of intralipids for me so that they were there when I arrived back in Cairns... I had my second infusion yesterday and will have a chat with Dr M on Monday regarding whether he thinks I should follow up with more...

Anyway - I'm sorry to have been so slow to respond... I was keeping a low profile and staying away from Bub Hub while we were away. Take care, and let me know how things are going for you - and if you have any questions at all about CFC/Cape Town then ask away.

Warmest wishes. FF xx
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 14-02-2016 at 00:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness FF....... I will keep everything crossed for you.
    At the moment, we are going through all our research and lists on which way we are heading......DE or LLTTFWC (Live Life To The Fullest Without Children) We have a few things to take into serious consideration. I wish someone just gave us the answer, but the rollercoaster continues..........its been another emotional week. So, so happy for you though. Really glad you met Tanya....she is true gem.....if there's anything else pharmaceutical you need, just ask her and she will do her very best to get it for you. You take care and I look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies. Is it ok for me to join you here? I am new to this forum (but unfortunately not new to the IVF process) and am also located in Cairns. I stumbled across your post today while searching online for someone to do intralipid infusions in Cairns. I have written down the details of Dr Andrew Jay and plan on giving him a call sometime soon. I am current 10dp5dt (FET) from my fourth stim cycle (6th transfer). I test tomorrow but have been having some spotting so am not holding my breath and am trying to stay distracted by thinking about my 'what next' plan. I also had an appointment with Wazza last week (I have been on the waiting list for six months) and will need to decide if I travel to Brisbane to do the next cycle with him (intralipids etc) or do one more cycle here in cairns before that. I really don't know what to do. Wazza suggested I ask QFG here if they will do the intralipids for me, but from what you say, Positive Vibes, it doesn't look like I will get too far with that one.
    Positive Vibes, did you have your next appointment with Wazza? What are your plans from here?
    FF, congratulations on your long awaited pregnancy. I think you are very brave following the South African route and I hope all is going well for you.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello FF & Missmuffet1.....firstly, I would like to sincerely apologise for my absence. After our visit to Wazza in Feb, we had a lot of thinking to do as he recommended no more IVF for us (which we had already known from a previous phone discussion with him). I mean - he said he would do one if we really wanted, but gave us 1-2% chance of success. So, we left with an arm full of information on all the donor agencies around the world. We'd already done our homework and if we were to go down that path, would have gone with SA as we would have liked to choose our donor. But after a few weeks of lots of talking, tears, silence & soul searching, we made the hardest decision of our lives to not continue any further with having a family. It just broke my heart, but I also knew deep down that we made the right decision for us. It was only about 2 weeks ago, I was starting to be able to talk about it without sobbing. We started to make a new life plan full of exciting things - a lot of travel, renovating our home, buying an investment property and it even came up about moving away for a couple of years. Well.............you would not believe this..............I am now 7 weeks pregnant!!!!!!!!!!! I know!!! I could not believe it!!!!!!!!! I truly thought menopause had hit as Wazza had said I was pre-menopausal.......I did a test just to rule out pregnancy........well - those blue lines 'lit up' without having to wait 1 minute let alone 3 mins! I did a 2nd one next morning and then off the Dr I went. I will be completely honest.........I was upset. I was shocked. My hubby works away so there was a lot of crying and silence as it just did not sink in. It was like a slap in the face. We'd gone through all of that and to sit and make that most heart wrenching decision to not continue and changed our whole life plan to then BAM, be preggie!!!!!!!!!! It is now only just starting to sink in and we are quietly starting to get excited, but of course, it is early days. I have another scan on Fri as when I went last week, bub was too small to detect heartbeat and get accurate measurements, but I was definitely pregnant and there was only one.....thank goodness........don't know how I would have handled that double whammy shock...heehee. Its one of those stories, I read about....mostly after a first pregnancy. This is our first. I spoke to Wazza's nurse and she said it was just one of those miracle stories........it had nothing to do with any of the hormones still in my system or anything like that. I still believe Wazza did have something to do with it........whatever I had in my system must have 'stirred' up something Like I said to hubby, there must have been 1 little old egg that just had to prove a point! Well - as I said, very early days, and besides being absolutely exhausted, I have no symptoms at all. I am just hoping all will be ok now and the 3 month mark comes around without any problems. Missmuffet1 - I hope you ended up going to Dr Jay. Also, please if you need any medications or compounding, go next door to see Tanya who owns the Alive Pharmacy next to AppleTree. I know Tanya well and she was a god send. Wazza did know that QFG here in Cairns would not help as they don't believe in intralipids. But, its so good to know that Cairns women don't have to travel back to Bris for these infusions. I do hope Wazza's nurses pass the info on as I have told a couple of them both of Dr Jay & of Tanya. FF - how are you going lovely? I do hope that everything has continued on a positive path for you. Please let me know how you're going. Again, I am so terribly sorry for falling off the radar, but as you are more than aware, sometimes, we hit rock bottom and it takes a bit to crawl back up again. I do hope and pray all is going well for both of you. XXXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG PositiveVibes, that is the most amazing news ever! I just got an email saying that you had posted and I had to jump on here straight away to congratulate you. That must have been such a hard time making the decision to move on with life and then BAM, wow, I am so so happy for you.
    In a similar vein, I have also had super amazing news over the last month. My last post, I was in the middle of a FET cycle, from my 4th stim cycle and had just been to see Wazza for a second opinion. He hadn't offered a whole lot of hope for us and I was feeling hesitant about the aggressive treatments and really didn't know what to do. And then, we got a BFP! I will be 9 weeks this Friday! I had a scan two weeks ago (at 7 weeks) and saw our little bean measuring on track with heart rate of 152bpm. I have another scan this Friday and am so incredibly nervous, but am hoping everything is all ok. PositiveVibes, are you still seeing QFG in Cairns for scans or are you going through your GP? I have also had relatively few symptoms, but over the last week have developed nausea whenever I get even a little bit hungry so am taking that as a good sign.
    FF, I hope everything is progressing well for you in your pregnancy?
    It would be lovely to keep in touch with you Cairns ladies as we progress in our pregnancies....Thinking of you both.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my lord @PositiveVibes that is the most wonderful news!!!!!! I am so very very very happy for you, but what a gut wrenching process you have gone through. I am wishing you the most wonderful, uneventful pregnancy over the coming months. I have been thinking about you and wondering where you were at in your journey, so I am so glad you posted an update. I will have everything crossed for you my dear for your scan on Friday, but it sounds to me like this little one is meant to be.

@Missmuffet1 what fabulous news for you too. That is a wonderfully strong heartbeat. I am so thrilled for you too.... I love these miracle stories!

AFM I am exactly 13 weeks today and everything is perfect so far. I have had a dream pregnancy - absolutely no symptoms early on, no nausea, peeing, fatigue or sore boobs etc which was a bit stressful until I could see that all was well on the ultrasound... so don't be too worried if you don't have much in the way of symptoms ladies - everyone's pregnancy is so different... In the last 10 days or so my boobs seem to have increased by about a cup size and my belly is huge but I feel fantastic. I had my nuchal scan last Thursday and our little bun is measuring 3 days ahead and everything is looking great - my risk for Downs came back at 1 in 15,000 so we are delighted about that. We get to see our little one again this Monday at our next Obs appointment. Can't wait! How exciting to have some Cairns pregnancy buddies!!! It would be lovely to meet up with you both if you are interested. Wishing you both all the very best over the coming months. FF xxxxx
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 13-04-2016 at 08:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Positive Vibes, I hope your scan went well today?
    FF, I'm so pleased things are going well for you. It must be nice to be into the second trimester.
    I had good news at my scan today. Bubs is measuring exactly 9 weeks (spot on track) with heart rate of 188. It was moving around waving it's little arms and was amazing to see! I am now booked in for the NIPT testing and 12 week ultrasound.
    FF, I would definitely be interested in meeting up sometime if you ladies are keen too.
    Thinking of you both. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies. Well, the time is just flying by........what absolutely fantastic news for all of us! I think I am still in shock and hubby thinks I've put a wall up as I'm just waiting for something to go wrong So, my excitement levels probably aren't where they should be right now. But, my scan went well last Fri...... exactly as all should be and heart rate of 160bpm. MM - Isn't that ironic - we could have been sitting in the waiting area at the same time.... hahaha. As of today, I am 8w4d. I also am going to have the NIPT done in May and the ultrasound 12 weeks. I think once I know all is ok with these tests, I will probably become more excited Work has been so busy, that its been a great distraction. And, I think because I'm not feeling any different (besides feeling bloated and my boobs bigger!), I'm feeling pretty normal Some of my girlfriends said their morning sickness came on about 8 wks, but so far, so good......just absolutely exhausted by the end of the day. Most nights, in bed just after 7pm FF - how are you going lovely? Have you started to announce it to family/friends? I bet everyone is so happy for you. MM - you asked about QFG Cairns.....no - I will not go back to them. Wazza's words were 'Holy Sh!t'...hahaha - typical Wazza He said this is just one of those miracle stories we read about - it had nothing to do with the IVF, although I think it all stirred something up and I do believe it was the old story of 'as soon as you forget about it, it happens'! He said as I fell naturally and I was already past the 6 wk mark, I didn't need to do intralipids. He did want to know if my progesterone was below 30 and if so, he would have preferred me to continue pessaries and Progynova. The GP had not arranged progesterone levels so I did this on Mon. So, I'm just going to go through the GP until 20 weeks, then I'll book into see Dr Wright. All my girlfriends swear by him. I am hoping you are both doing really well and I would also like to catch up one day soon too. Have a lovely weekend girls and keep those positive vibes going.......XX