+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Before our pod machine, we used a Gaggia Classic.

It was great when you used demineralised water in it, but temperamental if you didn't. For it's price range at the time, it was a great machine, did good espressos etc, but at times could be a little testy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    We had a Nespresso pod machine. We had the milk frother replaced twice, and then the machine died after 18 months, so I gave up.

We've had this one for about 2 years now. Absolutely cannot fault it. It's been perfect and makes a good coffee. The only downside, if you can call it that, is that you can't extract coffee and froth milk at the same time, so I just extract the coffee, then do the milk afterwards. No biggie. Took a little while to perfect the grind size for the beans, but once it's done, it's not something you have to change, unless you use different beans.

http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/brevil...machine-bes870
    We had this machine but gave it to my parents, I did like it but the pod machine just suited us better

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a Sunbeam EM6910
    It's discontinued, but they have similar models around. My partner bought it second hand about 5 years ago; they were about $700 new at the time. It's been fantastic. Really highly recommend it (or at least, the version that's superseded it - EM7000).
    We also have a Sunbeam grinder (EM0480)...really good grinder but makes a huge mess. I asked my partner what that one was, and he's telling me how great the Breville smart grinder looks :P

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks so much everyone! Lots of food for thought - I want to do as much research as possible so I can condense it a bit for DH in terms of what our options are.
    Keep the ideas, thoughts etc.. coming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So exciting MKF - I would say our automatic coffee machine has been the best appliance we known. We initially had an automatic Saeco that cost around $1000 and lasted 5 years. Absolutely brilliant - press a button and gave great coffee. You would pour the beans in, it would automatically grind each coffee and that was it. You had a milk frother attached but you had to do this yourself but really easy. It was a sad day when it died BUT

We ended up buying a Saeco Intelia which was the next model in the line for $500 at the Boxing Day sales. We've now had it for 2.5 years and it's going strong. I never ever buy take away coffee and its great if you host lots of morning teas with friends.

Apart from filling the machine with water and cleaning out the 'dregs' drawer (which is supposed to be good to be put in the garden) there's not much work at all. Also the machine reminds me when it needs to be descaled which is not too frequent at all. (6 months?) I buy descaler tablets from the supermarket.

I have heard good things about Delonghi also. I think if you go for any model that's automated, you can't go wrong.

Good luck xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPink For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's wrong with pod machines if you don't mind me asking? I have never owned one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPink View Post
    So exciting MKF - I would say our automatic coffee machine has been the best appliance we known. We initially had an automatic Saeco that cost around $1000 and lasted 5 years. Absolutely brilliant - press a button and gave great coffee. You would pour the beans in, it would automatically grind each coffee and that was it. You had a milk frother attached but you had to do this yourself but really easy. It was a sad day when it died BUT

We ended up buying a Saeco Intelia which was the next model in the line for $500 at the Boxing Day sales. We've now had it for 2.5 years and it's going strong. I never ever buy take away coffee and its great if you host lots of morning teas with friends.

Apart from filling the machine with water and cleaning out the 'dregs' drawer (which is supposed to be good to be put in the garden) there's not much work at all. Also the machine reminds me when it needs to be descaled which is not too frequent at all. (6 months?) I buy descaler tablets from the supermarket.

I have heard good things about Delonghi also. I think if you go for any model that's automated, you can't go wrong.

Good luck xx
    That's what we had. Saeco intelia. Had it 5 years before we sold it. Great machine. Cleaning on it could be painful though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tamtam what was your resale price on it ?

I must admit my husband cleans the machine every so often but I do empty the water overflow tray each day or so which isn't too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews

I must admit my husband cleans the machine every so often but I do empty the water overflow tray each day or so which isn't too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPink View Post

I sold it for $350 i think. It did cost us about $1100 but it was about 3-4 years old.