+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Eptopic or Chemical pregnancy????

Hi Just thought I would start a new thread to see if anyone has been in the same horrible position as myself. I am going through IVF and had a 6 day transfer at the beginning of November. When I POAS 9 days after transfer I got a bfn so presumed the cycle was unsuccessful. My bt said otherwise though with a low hcg level of 50, numbers didnt double as they should though and over the last two weeks I have had increasing hcg levels of 100, 150 and today 242. I had a biopsy yesterday to see if hcg was present in my uterus but chances are still high for ectopic. Has anyone else been in this situation before and how did it turn out???
    Last edited by Heyside; 02-12-2015 at 21:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone????

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this on my first cycle, my hcg wasn't doubling and it was a chemical pregnancy. My FS was hopeful my levels might improve, but they didn't. While it was awful I think it was good to know so early it wasn't viable. If it's any consolation, I fell pregnant naturally the next cycle. Good luck xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to minigourmands For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Heyside,

Sorry to hear you are going through this.

A similar thing has happened to me. I had a loss on the previous IVF cycle, so I so happy to get a line on my next cycle.
    The HGG level came in low, I was told to have several BT to see what was happening.
    HGG kept rising at way to low to be a healthy pregnancy, my FS was worried about an eptopic. I have no tubes, only tiny stumps of where they were cut off, due to hydro. My FS at the time said, the most likely cause was the pregnancy was not in the right spot, like the corner of the uterus unable to get a good blood supply. I was told to make a decision, as I was still a risk of an eptopic pregnancy,he wanted me to have an injection of methotrexate to end the pregnacy.
    I choose not to, as it would mean no IVF for 6 months.
    I had a few scans to keep checking my tube stumps, and did spend 3 days in hospital in pain, this was due to egg collection issues though. It took 6 weeks for my HGG levels to finally go back to nil.
    It was classed as an eptopic pregnancy.

I hope you have a good FS who will keep a careful eye on this and any sudden pain or fever do not hesitate and go straight to the ER.

Best wishes xxxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your replies great to hear how others have coped with the situation. Nice to hear that situation might possibly sort itself too. My fs is doing twice weekly bt to keep an eye on numbers to hopefully he will prevent a major issue if it is ectopic. I really don't want to use the injection as we have been ttc for 3 years and cant wait much longer for next transfer but I am also worried about the scaring which can happen through a laporoscopy which will make me more at risk of this happening again. Will see how biopsy results come back today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got of the phone with my fs seems the biopsy shows no sign of pregnancy so we can presume its an ectopic. I have to have more bloods tomorrow and Monday and if its still rising book in for an appointment to discuss laparoscopy