+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Taking time off in first trimester

Hey! I'm just coming up to 9 weeks with my first and I feel awful with the amount of time off I've taken so far- like I go home early about 2 times a week and normally have a day off a week too- since being 6 weeks when I found out! Work are really good though and I don't really need anyone to cover due to working in a gym, but can't help feeling rubbish about being off a lot...anyone else the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel 100% the same. I'm 8 weeks & I've had 3 days off this week with "diarrhoea" wink wink...
    I'm trying to muster the energy between spews to drag myself to work today.
    I really don't want anyone knowing but think I have to spill it to my boss (and she's a big mouth)
    My DP is supportive but concerned about me taking time off, I tell him imagine having a hangover x10 & see if you could work all day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lolobub2 View Post
    I feel 100% the same. I'm 8 weeks & I've had 3 days off this week with "diarrhoea" wink wink...
    I'm trying to muster the energy between spews to drag myself to work today.
    I really don't want anyone knowing but think I have to spill it to my boss (and she's a big mouth)
    My DP is supportive but concerned about me taking time off, I tell him imagine having a hangover x10 & see if you could work all day!
    If you tell your boss, tell her that you do t want her telling anyone. Under confidentiality laws, she could get a huge fine if she tells anyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    If you tell your boss, tell her that you do t want her telling anyone. Under confidentiality laws, she could get a huge fine if she tells anyone
    Re confidentiality laws they are virtually impossible to enforce. I wouldn't rely on that as a safety net to stop someone telling someone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I think if I do end up telling her then I will kindly warn her that she's the only one who knows so if it does get out I know where it's come from & that as a result formal complaints will be made (such complaints in my line of work cannot be ignored)
    I'm hoping I can just stick it out 3 more weeks.