+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Hot baby

Hey hubbers. DS has woken up pretty hot the last two days, temps up around 38.8 but he seems fine other than being a bit hot. It has been hot in Sydney but not that hot where we sleep... I managed to get him to take some Dymadon (paracetamol) and he's gone back to sleep. He's eating fine and was a bit irritable yesterday but nothing major.

Do I take him to the GP just because he's hot? Last time I took him in, in fact every time I've taken him in sick he does his happy fine baby bit and they just say oh nothing wrong with him...

The internet says over 39 degrees is go to the hospital so what do you all do below that?
    Watch and wait?

He's not pulling his ears and no teeth coming through that I can see. He did have a bad cold but it's finished now.... All I can think of is that we have been swimming a few times in the last week and he ate a bit of sand although it's all come out the other end now I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you're doing all the right things.. not much help I know. But I wouldn't be rushing to see a gp. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't be too worried if he's fine in himself. When we moved to Sydney in Jan my ds1 who was 13 months must have picked something up from the plane and he was spiking temps of 39.6c. I rang the dr helpline as it was in middle of the night and they advised to go to hosp to get him checked. When we arrived the nurse said "what they told you to come just because he's got a temperature?" So it seems they don't get too worried as babies seem to get temperatures more often and it's just the body's way of trying to fight an infection or virus.
    In our case ds1 had tonsillitis and the reason we took him to hosp was because he was refusing to eat or drink. Just make sure you try to get lots of fluids into him and if this becomes a problem then I would go to dr for check up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah that's what I figured - in the absence of any other symptoms they'll just take my money and send me away... He's definitely breastfeeding fine, he is his normal boob monster self.