+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    To answer the OP, Dh works with males and females and his work requires him to go away for long periods of time and often with the opposite sex.

My only 'boundary' I guess, is that he shouldn't do anything/say anything he wouldn't be willing to do in front of me, and I apply that same principle to myself in my friendships with males.

We have both never discouraged the other from opposite sex friendships, and only once in the 25 plus years have I known him, have I ever felt funny about a friendship he had with a female.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    So is this how it works?

The mods gang up on people?
    I have no interest in tit-for-tat Meredithgrey, but since you have asked..
    The answer is no, Mods do not gang up on people, and as for this Mod, definitely not.
    As you can appreciate Mods are people too, with feelings just like you and other member of this forum. And just like you, we were once a non-Mod member, so having Mod status does not preclude us from being rude or not posting in the Bh spirit. It also doesn't preclude us from having empathy for others or feelings that get hurt.
    If I happen to post regarding another Member with a little empathy, I don't think that then warrants me being called to task over 'ganging up', in this instance it happened to be another Mod, but again, no ganging up here and I'm sorry you feel that way.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (02-12-2015),Frankenmum  (02-12-2015),gingermillie  (02-12-2015),just her chameleon  (02-12-2015),misskittyfantastico  (02-12-2015),Mod-Zeddie  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I understand that everyone has their own story, and individual relationships so I won't attempt to put out statements that generalise....

However that being said, for me personally, I really dislike the fact the we as human beings are indentified in relationships by our gender. I feel we meet people in life for a reason and you can feel connected to them on so many levels regardless of age, race and gender. (The word connected not implying sexually). It would sadden me to limit the relationships I have with people on this earth based on their gender. We get one shot at this journey called life and I want to meet and experience as many different people as I can. Some will be for a fleeting moment, while others remain in your life forever. To me, this is one of the beautiful aspects of life which continues to allow me to learn and broaden my horizons; while creating lifelong memories. I would really dislike being limited on the friendships my husband or I create based on gender alone.

So no I would never have a problem with my husband having female friends, in fact I welcome it. If a friendship was making me feel uncomfortable (either gender) then I would communicate that to my husband!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (02-12-2015),Renn  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly, I'm not sure how I would feel. DH tends to have male friends - any female friends are eother friends of his friends or gf/partners etc. So never that close. And tbh I don't think he has had a close female friend. He does go out with friends without me that include females - I don't mind that at all.

As for me, I have male friends but none that are super close. But I have lots of male friends and DH also does not mind.

I do think talking about your relationship with the opposite sex can be healthy (especially if they disagree with your partner and agree with you!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby has a few female friends and I could not care less. I trust him completely and I could never put restrictions on his friendships, just as he couldn't on mine. This in particular would cause an issue with us as I am bisexual. Does this mean I can't be friends with anyone?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby has a couple of female friends, one of whom I used to be very jealous. But I've relaxed a lot and she's totally awesome and I have no issues at all. He is a runner and has lots of female friends in the running community. I have no idea whether they're close or not. I have met a couple at running events. I have no idea whether he has contact with them via FB or text. I'm not bothered enough to quiz him to find out.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @meredithgrey for what it's worth I interpreted your post in a similar way to @Mod-Uniquey, and I think I do it too, when I quote someone but then my thoughts go off on a tangent and I say something that's not related to who I quoted if that makes sense?

So it read to me like you asked Degrassi a question, then she answered, then you got annoyed at her for answering. Probably not your intention but sometimes how we think we post doesn't match up to how it is received? Not sure if I'm making much sense.

So, I guess maybe if you're feeling misinterpreted you may have felt prickly, and I understand that, but I just want to point out that I think accusing one person who responded as 'ganging up' is a bit unfair. You would've seen on plenty of threads that mods happily disagree with each other on a range of topics, so it makes sense that sometimes they would agree/support each other on other topics too. It's not ganging up, and Uniquey is one of the kindest, most sensitive mods on the patch - I've never once seen her participate in any sort of ganging up, mod status or not.

And no - I'm not ganging up on you, just wanted you to know that I (mis)interpreted your post that way too.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (02-12-2015),LoveLivesHere  (02-12-2015),MissMuppet  (02-12-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My best friend (male) is married. We talk about everything and anything but we def don't discuss his marital sex life.

However if he was cheating I think we'd discuss it and so we might talk about sex.

I don't see friendship with a male any different to friendship with a female.