+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Bit of an over-generalisation don't you think?

Food for thought - those in same-sex relationships how does it work?? Do you worry about your partner being friends with other females or would you prefer them to only have male friends?
    It's just an opinion based on my own personal experiences.

I don't feel I'm qualified to speak on behalf of same-sex couples.

I'm not concerned about my DH having female friends, and he does and has in the past. I trust him and he's never given me a reason not to.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don' t have any problem with friendships outside of the marriage. I can see how working with people 8 hours a day would lead to friendships developing. that is fine. What would be a problem for me, would be if the friendships started to take away from family time. Even if the time was spent on a golf course, or fishing boat. I would not be happy if I was to be a 'golf widow' or if the children had to wait for dad to finish 'helping a mate' before we could do something together as a family. Nothing should be more important than family time. marie.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (02-12-2015),Tiny Dancer  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wasn't asking you....... Was asking "those in same sex relationships"........
    Dealing with.jpeg

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (02-12-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-12-2015),gingermillie  (02-12-2015),Leettieb  (02-12-2015),misskittyfantastico  (02-12-2015),Mod-Zeddie  (02-12-2015),Moxy  (02-12-2015),Soon2be4  (02-12-2015),~Marigold~  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dh is a nurse and is the main carer of our children. He has loads of female friends. Interestingly enough they are mainly from work as the other mums are a bit weird about playdates. He will meet up with old colleagues for lunch or coffee. I have no issues with it, but then again he has never given me a reason not to trust him. I work in a male dominated industry and have quite a few male friends.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (02-12-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My ex was very close with a female co worker. In all honesty, I didn't mind at first. He was very open in telling me how well they got along, hid nothing and frequently mentioned her when telling me about his day. It was only until I saw a text from her on his phone which read "thanks princess" that I started to feel a bit insecure. Why was she calling him "princess"?...was it what he called her?! I asked him and he laughed it off and said it was just what she playfully called him. I thought it was strange and admittedly I felt a bit jealous that they obviously had this playful banter going on, but I didn't think he would or did ever cross a line. Of all the crap I went through with him over the years, him cheating wasn't anything I was concerned about.
    I'm not sure why that text bothered me so much, but it did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think anything that's okay with one gender should be fine with anyone. People are people... Why on earth should their genitals or their gender affect who they can socialize with and how?
    Most of my friends are male, and my partner has a very close female friend. It's never been an issue:
    The only time anyone ever cheated on me was with a guy (and he was straight... Just very drunk :P)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (02-12-2015),meredithgreyxxx  (02-12-2015),Tiny Dancer  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    We have never crossed this bridge so I can give a definite answer. But I admit to be being the jealous type (I work on not letting rule me) so for us it wouldn't work. I don't have male friends because I don't feel the need or want for any so haven't developed any.

I know it's corny but my husband is my best friend.
    I agree with this. I am a bit of a jealous person also. I wish I wasn't, it's just who i am. My partner doesn't really have any female friends locally and I don't have male friends around. I just don't feel the need as he is the only man I want in my life. I consider him my best mate. If he developed a friendship with a woman, I guess I would have a hard time accepting it but it's not him I don't trust, it is other women. I had a big issue with an ex girlfriend who called all the time, thankfully she has stopped now but she used to tell him she missed him and stuff like that, she just didn't get the hint. He saw how it upset me and we did have arguments over it because he said he wasn't encouraging her, and I know it was just her wanting to talk to him. But he put a stop to it. He has female friends on Facebook who he has known for years before me, so I have to accept that and I do. I always have had trust issues even before him, that's my issue though, not his.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wasn't asking you....... Was asking "those in same sex relationships"........
    Bit harsh, you quote Degrassi and then berate her for answering?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Married men having female friends??

My H regularly talks about the women at his work and how he buys them coffee , has lunch with them ,and I've seen him kiss one or 2 on the cheek if we are out and he sees them. Does it bother me... No.. He is who he is..
    Last edited by Louise41; 02-12-2015 at 14:58.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't mind so long as the friendship is respectful of my place in DPs life.

Since @meredithgrey asked - I have no issues with DP having close female friends. The only time there's been a problem was when her best friend tried to convince DP I was forcing her into having babies etc. They didn't speak for ages and it's only recently (3 years on) that I am okay with them hanging out again.

But that was a special case, I generally am not bothered. My closest friends are female. My best friend is a single mum and we often do dinner together (with our kids) on nights DP is working night shift, and our entire relationship was founded on analysing our relationships - including sex and relationship issues.

DP knows this and as far as I know isn't bothered, I dare say she has similar convos with her friends.