+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I would also go to dr. God knows I carry my kids around like a sack of potatoes and they don't have any bruising.
    This.

My DS can't stay still. He wiggles like a worm in an effort to get me to lose my grip so he can get down. Consequently, he's held rather firmly - whatever way I can get a good grip these days. He's never had any bruises at all from the way I hold him, let alone bruises that dark.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Concerned about bruising

Yeah all your comments are true, I told the practise nurse the bruises were dark and she said if it occurs again bring her right in but in the meantime keep a close eye on it. I know it's not caused by myself or my husband. I hope she isn't ill, either. Even with long fake nails it seems to me if it was my MIL she'd really have to pinch her? I should point out I am prone to bruise very easily as is my mother, my Mum goes black at the drop of a hat. Even still I think I might go and ask the doctor, it's just bothering me..

She also slept through for the first time two nights in a row, which was amazing but I hope she's not sleeping more due to illness lol. I guess it is common for them to drop a feed around this age though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally, I wouldn't wait for it to occur again, as the practice nurse has advised. ..I would go asap. Most likely it would be a quick trip to your gp and all would be fine but best to get it looked at by a gp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't wait for it to occur again, as the practice nurse has advised. ..I would go asap. Most likely it would be a quick trip to your gp and all would be fine but best to get it looked at by a gp.
    Yeah I think I will ring tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leksie5000

Did you phone the doctor today?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an appointment for Tuesday. Even though they are fading now and did so pretty quickly I want it all just documented and to be able to chat about it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Leksie5000 For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would think the practice nurse has no idea just how dark those bruises were. I would have seen a dr immediately if they were on my child. Did you show your mil the bruises? Either it looks like someone has pinched her really hard or it could be illness related. Either way I would want to know straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Have you asked MIL about it? I imagine it'll be an uncomfortable conversation but perhaps worth having?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    ...I could imagine a scenario in which you might need to suddenly grab hold very hard to prevent an accident - DS loves to suddenly launch himself backwards so if he caught you by surprise I imagine an awkward grab to stop him falling might result in a bruise. Perhaps you could approach if this way with mil and show her the pics to see if she recalls anything. It might also persuade her not to walk around on the phone holding the baby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    ...I could imagine a scenario in which you might need to suddenly grab hold very hard to prevent an accident - DS loves to suddenly launch himself backwards so if he caught you by surprise I imagine an awkward grab to stop him falling might result in a bruise. Perhaps you could approach if this way with mil and show her the pics to see if she recalls anything. It might also persuade her not to walk around on the phone holding the baby...

Yeah I think it was something like this as she sort of acknowledged it may have been when she was on the phone, I did raise it with them.