+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    Nope. He has a gorgeous (and very expensive!!!) cot and travel cot but sleeps with us. It started at 4am only but I gave up somewhere along the way.

All up the wait will be 8 weeks which is double what they quoted. I think you'll get routed to the closest public. I've head good things about all 3 (O'Connell, QE and Tweedle). All very gentle and non controlled crying. I couldn't do it. It works for some, but not me.

I'd get on the list. There is not harm, or cost. And I figure if I hate it, I can walk out.
    Ha same here, she has a beautiful nursery that I spent hours and $$ making perfect but only goes in there for nappy changes.

That's good to hear cause I really couldn't do controlled crying.

Hopefully the wait won't be too long.

You will have to let me know how you go at o'connell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going through this now!

My DS is 9 and a half weeks.

He was 2w 1d early.

The first 3 weeks, he was a magic sleeper, day and night!

Now I have to put him to sleep on my chest! During the day, once he is asleep on my chest, I then put him down but it only lasts 10 minutes and he starts squirming and then crying however at night, I put him to sleep on my chest and then down in his bassinet and he is fine for the night, only waking for his feeds and then he wakes at 5am for some reason so I bring him to my bed and we sleep until 6:30-7am.

You need to throw a few days away.....
    I am currently putting him to sleep on my chest, and then putting him down where i want him to sleep. When he begins to wake in that 10 minutes, I start over, picking him up, putting him to sleep and then straight back down!.

I've been doing this for 3 days now with no improvement great enough to talk about, but I'm going to keep going!

I understand what you are going through, it's not about getting out and about and having LO sleep in a pram, sling or carrier, it is about being able to be at home and sit on the lounge on your own and watch some TV or make lunch, have a shower, hang the washing out and be free for even an hour!

Apparently it is more common then we think so although I am trying to get DS use to sleeping on his own, o still let him on me for a snooze from time to time, because I need it more! 😬