+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I'm really confused right now...? 😕

Okay, I've seen three doctors now. One told me I definitely couldn't be pregnant because the bloodwork came back negative. Even though a couple of days before a had a faint, faint positive on a dip stick test. I believed him but my nausua was getting so bad that I was dizzy and throwing up a few days later. So I went to another doctor who was near my boyfriend's place and he run bloods as well. Negative again. I was getting even worse and experiencing every pregnancy symptom under the sun when I started bleeding dark brown and had severe abdominal cramps. 10x worse than a period. I was doubled over in agony. All the HPTs were showing negative too by the way after that first faint pink line. My mum recommended on Saturday I go to her doctor who is quite experienced in woman's health and maternity. Her opinion was I was having a very early miscarriage. I was devastated 😦 She sent me off for an ultrasound yesterday. I go back to her in a couple of hours for the results. It was basically just to make sure my uterus was now empty. The bleeding has stopped since yesterday but I'm still getting some cramps.

Now here comes the weird part. Sunday, the day after I saw the doctor I made myself do one more test just to make sure it was negative and I had indeed miscarriaged. Well, the strange thing was, it came back with a BFP! No doubt whatsoever because it was digitial. It was definitely a plus sign! What the hell is going on? Every test, digital and non digital I've done since has been negative 😕

I'd attach a picture of the positive result but I don't know how to or if you can on this forum. I will be showing it to her this morning though and hopefully I'll get some answers! This is so confusing and doing my head in! 😯
    Last edited by Nessinwonderland; 01-12-2015 at 12:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not sure exactly, but you can still get a BFP after miscarrying as HCG can take a while to get out of your system. With my miscarriage last year it took several weeks to get a negative test, and that was even after a D&C (where they remove all the pregnancy tissue).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hopefully the GP can give you some answers. Id be worried about ectopic and I'm sure the ultrasound would have checked for that. Good luck, hope you're ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well the ultrasound came back normal. Nothing whatsoever. No eptopic either. My doctor checked all my hormone levels including progesterone and it was all within the normal range so she's stumped. Sending me off to a gyn who I see Thursday afternoon. Hopefully he'll have some idea *sigh* This is getting beyond frustrating 😡

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a few more tests this evening (because I just can't help myself) and one of them is the three pack of bodytalk test strips. Each one of them came up with a line in the positive field but the weird thing is they're white. I know about evap lines but these literally came up straight away! Anyone got any experience with this brand? I did a pregnosis one after and it's come with a barely faint line but it's a very,very light pink 😕 I don't know what to think honestly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There has to be another reason why you're getting some sort of line that has nothing to do with Hcg or pregnancy. Does the dr still think you miscarried? As others have said, you can still get a positive for a few weeks after. I would stop taking tests, it's unnecessary and just making you more confused, it's been proven you're not currently pregnant by ultrasound and blood tests. Wait until you see a GYN, they'll be able to explain to what's going on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

MonkeyMumma  (02-12-2015)