+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cant cope with morning sickness any longer!!!!!!

Please help. Im 8weeks 4 days pregnant with my 3rd child. My last child was born 2008, so it has been quite some time since I have been pregnant!!!! I remember having morning sickness with my son (First pregnancy) but nothing as severe as what I am suffering from atm. I dont remember suffering from morning sickness at all with my daughter but I am guessing that I did. This is the first child for me and my new partner and Im not sure if that has something to do with the level of sickness but its absolutely debilitating. My ex-husband and i do joint custody 7/7 basis and when he has them, I am working 12 hour shifts at work 7/7 and when I do have them I am flat out getting out of bed. I feel like I am missing out on my babies and this pregnancy is really bringing me down and it doesnt help that I am already a sufferer of anxiety/depression but it is definately controlled, I am just so scared this is going to negatively impact my progress. Last night I spent 1.5 in hospital on an IV drip and have been given a script for maxalon. My other two pregnancies, I distinctly remember morning sickness ceasing at 12 weeks exactly, god i hope its the same in this pregnancy. im really finding it hard to cope with the way i am feeling, nauseous, head aches, tiredness, Im beginning to think that I cant do it for much longer :'(

Would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation or just to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Please help, I feel like I am falling apart. The sickness has got worse over the last couple of days and I get my babies back tonight for a week, I dont want to spend my week with them, completely miserable HURTS SO BAD!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to boo1985 For This Useful Post:

pearljloomis123456789  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Morning sickness is AWFUL!! I had it really bad with my DD (bub #2), from 8 weeks to 14 weeks. I nearly ended up in hospital with it and I was so worried about how it might affect the baby. The good news is she was healthy and born at 41 weeks weighing in at 4.1kg, so clearly my morning sickness didn't adversely affect her at all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    see if they can give you some Zofran.. it works better than maxalon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had HG until at least 34 weeks with DD. If the maxalon doesn't work ask for zofran, if that doesn't work then ask for prednisolone. Neither maxalon or zofran worked for me but the pred gave me back a quality of life which was otherwise crushing me. It's awful and it is 100% debilitating.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh hun there is nothing worse. I took maxalon, which did help a little bit - it took the 'edge' off the sickness &made it possible to keep water & some food down. If it doesnt work for you, please get yourself some zofran as PP said. It is just not worth the toll on your physical and mental health to try to stick it out. I really hope for you that it gets better soon. Ginger (eg, ginger ale),peppermint (sucking on lollies), and salty crackers can sometimes help a little bit with some relief of symptoms (but youre probably mostly beyond it), in combination with the medication.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had awful morning sickness when I was pregnant. I used up 2 years worth of sick leave in less than 3 months. I tried everything. The zofran definitely took the edge off and let me get through the days. I was still not completely well, and still had time off work because of it on bad days, but at least it became manageable.
    Take it as easy as you can. I found it was worse when I tried to do too much.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have advice to offer other than what the other ladies have suggested, but you have my full sympathy xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a tablet over the counter that works but it's a sleeping tablet too. Google restavit. Loads of pregnant ladies take it for ms and it's meant to be completely safe

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had hyperemesis for all three of my pregnancies and was a regular in hospital. Maxalon did nothing but I'd take zofran three times a day and it meant that I could function. I've tried going off it but just end up back in hospital. Even at 37 weeks I still rely on it - I'd be asking about this if nothing else worked. I know how debilitating this is both physically and emotionally - hope it gets better for you soon.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zander15 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with the other posters that Zofran is worth a try. I had hyperemesis gravidarum with my second pregnancy - Zofran (up to 4 times a day) for me was the difference between:
    - vomiting 5-6 times a day vs 15-20
    - being able to keep fluids down vs nothing at all
    - being able to get out of bed and function
    I still had 3 hospital admissions and vomited right up until baby was born.

Restavit was helpful in that it made me very sleepy so I could aleep instead of waking up multiple times to vomit, however the drowsiness hit me really hard and affected me in to the next day so I couldnt take it very often.
    I hope it passes for you.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post: