+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post

I remember once a few years ago DH had to come to my rescue in the bathroom: I had just been to the toilet and stood up and fainted on the spot (low blood pressure combined with lack of sleep). He had to flush and pull my undies up and I was absolutely mortified and told him next time to just leave me, even if I have a major head injury and there's a massive head wound with blood pouring our like a geyser, just leave me. The shame of being found like that still makes me want to run away and hide.

Different strokes for different folks.
    The day DH found me passed out in the toilet looking very unladylike, bleeding everywhere and expecting a miscarriage, is just another day when I realised how much he loves me and would do anything for me. Not to mention that after endless rounds of IVF I have no dignity left anyway.

I'm sure your DH is not at all embarrassed about helping you.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (01-12-2015),Happymum2  (01-12-2015),JustJaq  (01-12-2015),Marchbundle  (02-12-2015),MsViking  (02-12-2015),~Marigold~  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't open DHs mail, but on the few occasions that DD has he isn't bothered. I probably would've called to ask if I should open it and, based on previous experience, he most probably would've said yes!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We share the bathroom but all toileting is done in private and will always remain that way. We have been together 8 years and never farted in front of each other.
    We shower in front of each other, or with each other all the time, it doesnt faze either of us.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I open mail addressed to DH if I know it's a bill because I pay all the bills and DH is perfectly happy with that. If it looks personal I leave it. He wouldn't care if I opened it, but I 'd feel funny about it, like it's wrong. We don't have much privacy between us though. Not anymore. We've seen each other at our best and very much worst and we don't have any secrets.

In the OPs situation I would wait for DH to come home rather than call him at work, but if I had called I'd be mildly hurt at being called nosy (unless it was clearly said light hearted in which case I might joke about it).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think everyone needs and deserves privacy, a level of privacy anyway which is obviously a very individual thing. Is it possible the OPs DH was having a busy day at work and just didn't have time/patience to deal with that particular issue at that given moment?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Privacy in a relationship

Generally if I know what it is I'll open it, DP is fine with this because it means he doesn't have to deal with it (I know right, that envelope-opening business is SUCH hard work! 😄).

If I don't know what it is or it looks legal-ish I tell him when he calls (we speak numerous times throughout the day), nine times out of ten he'd tell me to open it but I wouldn't just do it. Partly because he deals with a lot of confidential work issues & it could be related to that, partly because I respect his privacy...even though he showers, toilets, farts, changes etc in front of me 😳 I have all his PINs, pass codes to all his devices, nothing is off limits to him.

I must admit I'm a little more private than that, no real reason it's just the way I am!

Edited to add I think that response about being 'nosy' was definitely unnecessary, unless it was said in jest & not given much thought? But that would have upset me.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We open mail if it looks like bills.
    If it's cards or something private looking, we leave it.
    In this case, if DH told me not to open it, I'd ask about it when he got home and be annoyed if he wasn't upfront about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been interesting reading all PP and it's refreshing to see how unique all our relationships are.
    We fart, wee, poo, wipe, spew in front of each other, shower together, know each others pins & passwords, open each others mail. The only sacred thing we have is that we don't share cutlery or tooth brushes!! Lol