+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Reading your post, I think you already know what you're going to do. You have stated that you want the baby, you have spoken to your DP and know his position on it, and you've got a back-up plan with your family. I think you're just a bit scared and uncertain - which is understandable - but trust your gut and keep this baby if that's what you really want.

There is never a perfect time to have a baby. You'll never be 100% ready. How would you feel if your partner convinced you to have another abortion and then you break up or realize 5 years from now that he's never going to be ok with having kids? You'll have paid a huge price for him to get his way. It takes two people to make a baby, if you've fallen pregnant twice then he's clearly not trying very hard to prevent it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (01-12-2015),onionskin  (04-12-2015),SoThisIsLove  (03-12-2015),SpecialPatrolGroup  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have a job, I'm only working part time though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't abort for him

I would also look at the ramifications and possible scaring of my uterus abortions can have

Wishing you all the best for your decision, do whats right for you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet16 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd keep the baby 100%. You won't regret it. Being a mum is awesome. He sounds selfish! All the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please keep your baby if it's what you want! If your boyfriend is not ready, he's not ready, but he shouldn't pressure you. No way. This will be the hardest but the most amazing, incredulous thing you will ever do! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's freaked out that you're pregnant again, plus you had an abortion for him in the past, it's not unreasonable for him to think that will happen again.
    However, it's your body and its your choice. Be prepared to not have his support and to accept that if you choose to keep the baby.
    From reading your post is have to agree with what others are saying, it sounds like you know what the decision will be. So go with keeping the baby wholeheartedly. It's not something you can do half ars**!
    Good luck and make sure you lean on supportive family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Somewhere on here is a thread from a woman in a sort of similar situation, she was unexpectedly pregnant and her husband didn't want to have another kid...

Long story short they kept the baby and I think it was born in the last few months and they were both overjoyed so men can come around.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Possie7  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet16 View Post
    I wouldn't abort for him

I would also look at the ramifications and possible scaring of my uterus abortions can have

Wishing you all the best for your decision, do whats right for you
    Scarring is a risk of D&C...which is not required for an early abortion. There are other procedures that can be done where there is no evidence of scarring being caused. I know you are trying to help the OP, but she doesn't need more to worry about.

OP, you need to do what's best for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sweety,never do something because someone else has told you to do it. If he really loves you he wont leave you. You said the magic words "But, I want this baby..." xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    Scarring is a risk of D&C...which is not required for an early abortion. There are other procedures that can be done where there is no evidence of scarring being caused. I know you are trying to help the OP, but she doesn't need more to worry about.

OP, you need to do what's best for you.
    Wasn't my Intention at all
    And can't say I'm up to date with abortion procedures

Just after 8 years of infertility, I have sadly heard many stories

So I apologize profusely if my information was incorrect

As it's already a hard enough decision

Best of luck