+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    DHs family do something similar and it's a lot of fun. There are good presents and dodgy presents and it just adds to the fun of it. The way they do it is work out some order of how everyone chooses a present. So let's say everyone picks a number from 1-20 out of a hat.
    Person 1 picks any present they like and unwraps it straight away.
    Person 2 then chooses a present and unwraps it. If they want to, they can either keep their present or swap with person 1 and person 1 MUST swap.
    Person 3 then chooses and unwraps. They can swap with either person 1 or person 2.
    It goes on and on like this until everyone has unwrapped their present. At this point it goes back to person 1 and they get to swap their gift with anyone they like.

It's actually loads of fun, and hilarious watching people go nuts over certain things. Last time we did it, we took a ride garden gnome. It was the most swapped gift because everyone wanted it. Sometimes it makes it more fun than just boring secret Santas.

** only works if everyone brings a gift. If you don't bring a gift then you don't participate.
    That sounds awesome! My family would love this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    That sounds awesome! My family would love this
    Honestly it's so much fun. It's always hilarious because my BIL is a bit of a dope. He will always go for the biggest gift so we deliberately buy something small and put it in a massive box haha. A few years back he chose one of the presents that MIL had bought. It was so funny watching her trying to communicate to him "not that one" and he ended up with some lovely rose scented candles haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Target has a few displays of $20 gifts that are obviously meant for KK. I didn't pay much attention, but there were things like table games or (my favourite) a megaphone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the ideas!

And yes I think there's some kind of swapping that goes on. I've been told it's a lot of fun. I've never heard of it before though!