+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default KK gift ideas

So my work has decided to do KK again this year, limit of $20. Only a certain section of staff. I am in it for the first time ever.

I suck at choosing gifts at the best of times. But this afternoon when I asked when we were getting our 'person', I was told that's not the way they do it, you just buy a $20 gift and then we play a game that's kind of like a lucky dip.

So now I have to try and pick a gift that could suit anyone?
    I need ideas please! I also don't know whether to try and pick a 'real' gift, or a gag gift.
    There are mostly women, a few men. Huge age range. Huge cultural range.

Help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adult colouring book & pencils
    Pot plant in a nice pot
    A nice xmas themed serving platter/bowl
    Nice chocolates

Thanks
    Reviews
    A nice recipe book?

A pretty photo frame?

A cute coffee cup and a box of shortbreads?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd get a 'real' over gag gift. Coffee cup, bottle of wine?, small set of tea leaves with strainer (from T2 etc), nice pen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A good quality candle (maybe stay away from floral scents in case of allergies.

Wine

A little Christmas hamper

A nice Christmas decoration

Perhaps try the Christmas gift section at Myer or DJs - they'very got a huge variety of options, lots of food based ones, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    A good quality candle (maybe stay away from floral scents in case of allergies.
    And this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    A $20 slow cooker from big w. We do this game now with my brothers and sister. I always opt for the serious present. I always go something that i would like myself that is useful or a consumable like a box of chocolates or liquorice etc..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Playing cards with your face on them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DHs family do something similar and it's a lot of fun. There are good presents and dodgy presents and it just adds to the fun of it. The way they do it is work out some order of how everyone chooses a present. So let's say everyone picks a number from 1-20 out of a hat.
    Person 1 picks any present they like and unwraps it straight away.
    Person 2 then chooses a present and unwraps it. If they want to, they can either keep their present or swap with person 1 and person 1 MUST swap.
    Person 3 then chooses and unwraps. They can swap with either person 1 or person 2.
    It goes on and on like this until everyone has unwrapped their present. At this point it goes back to person 1 and they get to swap their gift with anyone they like.

It's actually loads of fun, and hilarious watching people go nuts over certain things. Last time we did it, we took a ride garden gnome. It was the most swapped gift because everyone wanted it. Sometimes it makes it more fun than just boring secret Santas.

** only works if everyone brings a gift. If you don't bring a gift then you don't participate.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    DHs family do something similar and it's a lot of fun. There are good presents and dodgy presents and it just adds to the fun of it. The way they do it is work out some order of how everyone chooses a present. So let's say everyone picks a number from 1-20 out of a hat.
    Person 1 picks any present they like and unwraps it straight away.
    Person 2 then chooses a present and unwraps it. If they want to, they can either keep their present or swap with person 1 and person 1 MUST swap.
    Person 3 then chooses and unwraps. They can swap with either person 1 or person 2.
    It goes on and on like this until everyone has unwrapped their present. At this point it goes back to person 1 and they get to swap their gift with anyone they like.

It's actually loads of fun, and hilarious watching people go nuts over certain things. Last time we did it, we took a ride garden gnome. It was the most swapped gift because everyone wanted it. Sometimes it makes it more fun than just boring secret Santas.

** only works if everyone brings a gift. If you don't bring a gift then you don't participate.
    Dp family does this game but I really hate it. It used to be males buy a male themed present and females but female themed present and you lucky dip it at the end of the night. If you don't like what you got you were free to swap with anyone who wanted to swap. I liked this idea so much I started the tradition in my side of the family.

The stealing game just irritates me so much.