Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad the talk went well for you OP! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad the talk went well. I don't think you are being unreasonable or blowing things out of proportion at all. I must have old fashioned values but I would not want my husband having what I interpret as, an intimate/close relationship with women from the workplace. I'm not sure I would even want them sending texts that are not related to work. Especially with a history of flirting with/complimenting co workers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @babybloom I'm glad the talk with your DH went well. He took your concerns on board and offered solutions, so I think that's positive.

You did the right thing bringing it up and out in the open.

Perhaps he thinks he's been mindful of you by making sure these women know he's not available (showing them your picture, talking to your son etc)? The problem is, none of that stuff really stands in the way for some people.

Humans are great at fooling themselves into thinking they aren't doing anything wrong, when they actually are. They don't want to believe they are overstepping lines, because it feels good - they firmly insist they're 'just friends', and anyone who dares suggest otherwise is being ridiculous.

He really needs to take a step back and keep things on a more professional level, as these women have shown they are not really up to speed on what is and isn't appropriate workplace conduct. He should lead by example.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (01-12-2015),Frankenmum  (01-12-2015),HollyGolightly81  (01-12-2015),SuperGranny  (02-12-2015),TheGooch  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great update

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    If someone was clearly uncomfortable or expressed discomfort then those sorts of conversations wouldn't be held around them.
    Sounds like your workplace is a little lax.

Informalities are ok to a certain extent but gee you have to be darned careful in drawing a line. The problem with dropping the professionalism standard is that unbeknown to the masses different people have different life experiences and values. One persons ha-ha is another persons harassment/intimidation/bullying complaint.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (02-12-2015),HollyGolightly81  (01-12-2015),MissMuppet  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default husbands relationship with coworkers.

Op good to hear you had a chat with hubby. In answer to your original post some things I think you are blowing out of proportion (eg child chatting on phone to a co-worker, sharing the photo) but I think there's enough smoke here to suggest it's a really off-the-nose situation. Your hubby's reaction (to me) says he is feeling sick because he knows he has done wrong. The repetitive breach of trust is an indicator he doesn't respect you and doesn't feel a loyalty to you - I suppose I could be wrong - that beings said regardless the situation would concern me.

Good on you for tackling this head on. Best of luck.
    Last edited by VicPark; 01-12-2015 at 20:34.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (02-12-2015),HollyGolightly81  (01-12-2015),Mmumm  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default husbands relationship with coworkers.

I agree vicpark. The reaction of

"He offered to leave his job (look for new job) or to step right back. He said he started to feel sick and feel weal in the legs and needed to sit down"

Would make me more suss.
    I was defending him early in the thread saying it could easily be innocent but that overreaction has made me rethink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    I agree vicpark. The reaction of

"He offered to leave his job (look for new job) or to step right back. He said he started to feel sick and feel weal in the legs and needed to sit down"

Would make me more suss.
    I was defending him early in the thread saying it could easily be innocent but that overreaction has made me rethink.
    yes i know and i agree, im so over having to check up, touch base with him about these things it's been years and i just want a man I can trust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    actually i dont even want a man anymore, they are not worth it. I want my life back and I'm tired of having to share it with sometimes so emotionally draining as him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybloom View Post
    actually i dont even want a man anymore, they are not worth it. I want my life back and I'm tired of having to share it with sometimes so emotionally draining as him.
    Hugs hugs