Freaking Out A Little! | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Freaking Out A Little!

Hi all, I'm having a bit of a morning. To cut the long story short, just took a pregnancy test, it came up positive.

And that will make number 4!

Counting back to LMP, I'm about 4 weeks. I just did a normal test, so it didn't tell me weeks. To be totally honest I expected negative and figured just a late period. I've called DH at work and he was just as shocked as I am.

I honestly do not know what to do. Or think. Or say. I had to tell him straight away as we have an in joke about 'the next one' and we knew this was a possibility, nothing is 100%, I've fallen pregnant on the pill before.

I just don't know what to do. So I signed up to here and let it out. I can't tell any of my friends DH wants to talk when he gets home. We believed our family was complete and we were actually booked in to have DH get the snip early next year.

I need advice. I need some friendly ears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome! Congratulations!
    I have 3 kids and the thought of a fourth, although I love being pregnant and having babies, would be a shock, so I get what you're saying. I also became pregnant with my first on the pill, so my DH has already had the snip, I don't think he would handle the thought of a fourth child.
    Loads of people say the fourth child just slots in easily...
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What I've heard, but not experienced myself, is that yes as the PP mentioned the 4th just slots in. I've heard women say that it was more of a transition going from 1 to 2 or 3 than it was for the 4th to come along.

But nonetheless it is a big decision and I can imagine you are very shocked. Hopefully a good chat with your husband tonight helps put things in perspective to decide what to do and help you understand what you're feeling.

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome, four is not that overwhelming IME but the idea seems big. the pregnancy was very rough on me due to HG so DH had the snip when she was 6wo.

I'm currently at work so just wanted to say congrats will come back in later to chat more.

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    welcome to bubhub, balfour. I had four kids under 6 years. number four was the most peaceful easy baby, and he just went with the flow. you will be fine. hugs, marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies, for letting me get it out. It's been a pretty weird 24hours.
    There was a lot of talking with DH last night; mostly about how to handle this. I have heard after 3, what's one more, lol, wasn't expecting to test the theory.
    At the moment we're just discussing the logistics house and car wise. We will figure it out. It's definitely a surprise. Not sure how I'll handle another pregnancy, I tend to get knocked about quite a bit. Still a bit of shock, hoping that eases off as weeks go by.

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi balfour, what ages and gender are your three children.? im sure they will be thrilled with new baby once he/she arrives. I hope you are in good health now. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi balfour, what ages and gender are your three children.? im sure they will be thrilled with new baby once he/she arrives. I hope you are in good health now. marie.
    I hope they are! At the moment I think the oldest is suspicious, she's 11, dd2 is 7 and DS is 2. Nice gaps between them except this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my gaps, 21 months between first and second, 4 Minutes, between second and third. then 3years 8 months between third and forth. last baby was not an accident, I chose to have that space to recover from the twins. lol. best of luck to you. marie.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Balfour  (15-12-2015)