+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    IMO I dont think formula feeding stops them from feeling close to you if you're holding them while feeding

OP have you looked into whether it could be reflux? Our DD had reflux and was a different child once the losec kicked in. Big hugs, the first few months are hard
    Yes i hold him close during feeding, especially when i have to walk around while feeding him. I have him very close up against my chest and hum to him also. We are very bonded. I'm the only one who can settle him, it just takes awhile sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    OP I hope it gets better for you soon. I was in a similar situation with my DD who is now 5 months old. I almost could have written your post (except bf instead of formula). Very sick pregnancy very dangerous birth prem baby in hospital for 2 weeks and a total nightmare for the first 10-12 weeks. She screamed all the time and was generally miserable, wouldn't sleep, couldn't put her down, hated the car and the pram. I cried every day and fantasised about going back to work and putting her in childcare just to get away. We had ivf to have her and I just kept thinking why did I ruin my perfectly good life for this. I was in a very bad place. Started losec at 10 weeks and within a week things were improving. Now at 21 weeks she seems to me to be a 'normal' happy baby. I can now see why people enjoy their babies but I went through a couple of months of no enjoyment so I know how awful that is.
    If there's no improvement I'd be seeking a trial of losec. If it works hallelujah. If not try something else. In the meantime cry in the shower - I used to try and hide in the shower at night when DH got home but half the time he'd bring screaming DD in and ask me to get out to help!
    Can you try loud white noise while he's napping to try and drown out background noise? My DD is a light sleeper so she always has loud white noise (rainfall sound) to help block out house noise and neighbours dog barking. The other thing with my DD is she's very sensitive to overstimulation. She sleeps in dark room during the day, loud white noise, tightly wrapped and when she's overtired or wound up I take her into her darkened bedroom and lay on the bed to calm her.
    It will get better eventually. He'll get bigger and things will change. I know that doesn't help when you're in the thick of it but you'll come out the other end.
    ETA: please don't feel bad for soothing your bub, 10 weeks is so little he needs your comfort cuddles and reassurance xx
    White noise is often my saviour!! Yesterday he was fussing so i turned on the vacuum cleaner to clean the floors and he fell asleep!
    There are times when it's the only way to soothe him or get him to sleep. Walking him around with the white noise app playing, or lay him on the bed on his side facing the tv, lying right up against him from behind with the white noise playing. He loves watching the tv, which is a bad habit i know but it works.
    I'm def noticing he's worse when he's over tired. I need to work on improving his naps. I'll try the dark room and see if it improves. Only problem is only the bedrooms upstairs have the blockout curtains, and with the heat being so bad at the moment they are very warm during the day, even with the fans on. Oh how i hate summer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the advice ladies i really appreciate it.
    It seems we have better days and worse days. Today was not so bad until the evening, but it was the easiest bed time we've had in ages.
    I will look into the gaviscon and if it helps I'll ask the dr about losec or other next steps. I want to give this new formula a proper try, I've almost finished the tin she gave me and i bought one more, so ince that's gone it'll be 2 weeks and we should be able to tell if it's doing him any good. But i have a feeling a relflux formula may be the end result as it's what helped ds1.