Closed Thread
Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib good on you for persevering with the pumping. It's such hard work to do that and fit everything else in. They all say don't worry about cleaning or laundry etc but seriously. How much laundry or how dirty a house is really considered acceptable and also before you start to no longer feel like a decent human being?? Lol. I couldn't have pumped so much if I didn't have mum helping and ds catnapping all the time. I actually find if I pump every 2 hrs or pump ever 4 hrs it ends up being quite similar in total. Maybe 30ml less so you could try that? Yeh my friends haven't had it affect supply. I find fully breastfed babies do have lesser issues. My friends who fully breastfeed have children sleeping 8-6 consistently and no real catnapping. Oh well no one can say we didn't try! Well no one who is not at a**hole. Lol. Like I said even that mid wife who's been in the bus since 1970's said 5 stars for effort to me. And look at us, still trying our best. I'm so proud of all of us ladies.

Yes I did make it for the last 20min. It was packed!!! Ds just kept looking at all the babies. He didn't really know what was going on but I'm happy we made it I'm super tired tho cos I didn't get that 1-2 hr sleep but push through. Maybe tonight ds will sleep through. Hopefully dd will be good for you tonight if she's catnapping all day. Ds slept 1.5hrs each time yesterday and didn't sleep through last night. But I think I'd rather that. Otherwise the days really wear me out! I went and bought some bellamy's organic rice powder stuff. You can give that to them once they are 4 mths old which is next week for us. Wow can't believe it!! I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm pumping every 4-5 hours now lol. Not worth pumping every 2 hours anymore. I always thought formula baby sleeps better as babies digest BM a lot quicker but apparently that's not true. I know quite a few BF babies sleep through 8-6 from early age. Wow!

So true. I don't do much housework but have to do washing, dishes and cook some nights. Otherwise I feel worse about myself. I do a quick vacuum once a week and don't mop every week. That's bad? Lol. We have tiles downstairs and carpet upstairs. I might mop the kitchen quickly using paper towel and spray n wipe.

DD woke up again after one sleep cycle. I know she's not hungry as I fed 150ml via bottle. So I tried to resettle her and it worked lol. Bl@@dy he@@. She's been sleeping again for 1.5 hours plus the original 40 mins. She's playing games with me. Imagine if all these time she's catnapping because I didn't feed her enough lol. I doubt that's the problem though as I always offer more.

Let me know how it goes. I actually can't wait for her to be on solids as it means I can give her pear to help with bowel movement.

Oh fantastic effort for making it to the library. We went yesterday too. DD was way too young lol.

Yes agree!!! We have all done amazing job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib that's awesome! I wish I could resettle ds. Ive never been able to do it. How did you do it? Do you do it just as she's waking up or can you get her back down after she's fully awake?

I want to start pumping every 4-5 hrs now too. I want to mix feed until he's 6 months but that seems so far away I don't know if I'll make it. Well I'm doing one week at a time. If I think 6 months I just think oh god!

How often is dd pooing now? Have you thot of switching to comfort? I don't seem to have any problems with comfort. You could always give a little more water. I heard prune juice too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    She was grizzling for about 15 minutes and started crying. I went in. Picked her up and pat her on the bum. She did a small burp and i could see her quite relaxed. So i kept patting for 2 minutes and put her back in the cot. Surprisingly she didn't cry and fell asleep lol. Doesn't always work though. This morning I tried the same thing and she was wide awake and hungry.

I started giving her some water as well. 10ml. Sometimes a tad more. I drink prune juice a lot hoping it will come out via my BM haha.

She's inconsistent. She poo everyday then no poo for 3-4 days. Then poo every second day. So confusing.

I haven't switched formula. Didn't know if I should or not. Most 'experts' I talked to say she's not constipated but how come she's in pain when needing to poo?? They said its no different to us adult straining a bit when needing to poo.

Def do a weekly goal. Don't think 6 months. Too far away. I was hoping 12 weeks. It's still achievable. I will pump until 12 weeks hopefully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib good work. Ok well I don't think I could resettle Bub. When he's awake he is awake. He's been down for 2 hrs now after his last catnap. Think the library and then going to the supermarket really wore him out. He also took 140ml so maybe that's enough for him.

Oh def you will make 12 weeks that's in a week right? Make sure you celebrate!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might have a drink to celebrate haha

Good work! You should tire him out a bit more so he can have a big sleep.

When you go to supermarket do you use pram or baby carrier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep in 1.5 weeks. I'm sure I can do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure you can too! Yep a drink - too bad it can't be alcoholic

I took the pram. I haven't got the hang of the carrier yet. It would be more fiddly to use that than get the pram out. But I wasn't buying much. If it was a full grocery shop I'd have to use the carrier. I really need to work out how to use that thing by myself and without ds screaming when he's put in it. I have an ergo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok. Lunch break. I am doing full time this week because of a special meeting. Initially, DH and i will do night shift every other day so we both can get rest. However, he is pretty sick so I have been doing the night shift since last fri. With DS waking up every hour now, i am exhausted. I am not sure if it is teething that's bothering him. He woke up crying and once i put in the pacifier, he sucks like crazy. He also likes it when i put my finger in. He didn't do that in the past. I am going to try the teething gel before bed.

Sorry for just skimming through. The babysitter has school kids of her own. She is genuinely interested in babysitting, had experience at childcare and qualifications (not that i asked for proofs). That's why i hired her. I didn't have any other babysitter candidate near work anyway. I dont' mind people giving me suggestions but i take it more personally coming from a stranger who barely knows me.

Who would tell a mother that their child isn't normal as compared to other children?!? I was shocked. She could have said it in a different way. My mom and my other good friend did notice something about DS but they didn't say it like that. DH and I are well aware of it but we will evaluate as he gets older. Opinion about formula, diaper, even cutting finger nails. Just because the diaper brand that she used for her children worked best doesn't mean it works best for DS. She just thought that i cheap out. I told her that i bit DS nails because that's what the midwives suggested and it works well. She rolled her eyes and brought out a nail clipper that she used for her children. And the formula.........i wanted to tell her what i found about the formula she suggested but decided to keep my mouth.

Anyway, i have to go now. Rant over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. I couldn't believe she did that. I would have been so shocked and probably too shocked to say anything. I would cry in the car and probably fire her after that. But then stuck with no sitter. She has absolutely no right at all to say those things to you. Everyone has different parenting style. Even the closest and dearest can suggest things but it's not their baby and they aren't you. Far out. Just ignore her. If she makes comments like that again, just tell her you appreciate it but you are happy with how things are.

If he sucks the dummy terribly maybe he is teething. Could you give him panadol to rule out any pain?