Closed Thread
Page 94 of 100 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes. I won't do rigorous sleep training until DS colic problem is sorted. DS was happy this morning until I fed him. It must be his stomach again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati does DS start hitting you when BF? My DD hits me sometimes lol. But then when she pulled out I could see milk on her lips. I have milk but must be too slow. Wow 4 months already. Time flies. If you could BF until 6 months that would be awesome. If not you've done really well too.

I could top up every feed. I will now. I used to do that until last week she kept fussing when I top up and sometimes she didn't want it. I had to chuck my EBM a few times. So sad. That's why I thought I had enough milk and stop offering top up until I see the hunger cues. Hard to get it right. I'm just going to offer 30ml top up to start with.

Not sure why he catnap when he's full. So you do the feed, play, sleep right? And he hasn't been able to transition into the next sleep cycle ever during the day? Is the room too hot too cold? Is it the same environment every sleep? Is it too bright? Did he need to be burp? I'm not sure. It might be worth while to go to sleep school. Actually there is a FB page called the baby sleep company. Why don't you post your questions there? The owner pick a question to answer once a week. I've read some good tips from that page.

We had a good day today. 5.30 am feed, 7.45 am, 11 am then 4 pm, 6 pm, 7.30 pm. She had a long sleep from 12 to 3.30. Had a poo as well. So an awesome day! Lol. Poo day is always a good day. For me anyway. The poor bubba was straining the poo though. Her face went all red. I saw all of it because she poo when she was on my lap. After a poo, a feed she was so relaxed. Didn't even grizzle when I put her to sleep at 8.30 pm. She fell asleep within 5 minutes after a brief chat to herself.
    @bbhope good to hear you had a good first day back. That's good that you get stimulation. Not everyone can be a stay home mum. Both types are great. Just personal preference.

Every baby is different. It's good guidance but can't use the same method for every baby. The pat and shush doesn't work for mine. Cuddles work so much better. Sometimes I do the shush and pat but only work maybe every few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When does your MHN say to start solid as a general rule? Mine said around 6 months. I thought it was 4 but she said it was never 4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    aargh i just wrote a huge message and bubhub deleted it
    @Minib - mhn said to offer solids at 4 mths but won't start eating until 6 mths. More to get them used to it.

I don't know what it is. Don't think it's temp as it's been quite mild here lately. I'm going to try white noise again. also trying to move bed time forward by 1 hr so he's sleeping by 8pm. I would love 8pm - 3am and then 4 - 7. that would be awesome! 8-6 would also be awesome. And then 1 hr sleeps during the day. 30-40min sleeps really just does my head in esp cos i need to express! andi t's not like night time sleep is awesome...if he was doing 8-6 at night consistently then i'd make my peace with the catnaps. Even if he wasn't grumpy after a catnap i'd just accept it. But with the moderate night sleeps and catnap days and grumpy baby....it's too much.

haha they are such grumps aren't they? ds doesn't hit me but he screams at me now and sometimes kicks me. oh yeh throwing out ebm is sad. i am over breastfeeding too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: lucky you if you get those sleep habit. I don't ask more from DS anymore. It is the way it is. We have accepted that and coped with it. When he slept until 2am, we celebrated. The second half of the night is always restless.

I read a lot about starting solid at 4months but in real life most people don't until 6months. My friend only started after getting a go from her paed. You can always letting ten try the taste first. DS shoes no interest in eating solid so he isn't ready. He watches us eat, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah if the night sleep is good like mine, then I don't mind as much when she catnaps. She doesn't always catnap during the day. Sometimes she sleeps for 1.5 hours. But the night sleep she's so good. Last night 8.30 to 4 then 4.30 to 7.45 am. Can't ask for more. Once I stop expressing it means I can also sleep through.

How many times do you express a day? That's the reason I don't express during the day. Hard to get it done and I end up feeling stress when I don't do it.

I think I will start offering solid at 4 months. More like for her to kick etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib your daughter is similar to my son when he catnaps during the day. 7.5 then 3.5hrs overnight just your dd starts early. Ds normally goes 9:30 to 5 then 5:30 - 9. He has done 8-10 hrs sleep before so wonder why that's only few and far between. Except ds will catnap all day and maybe if I'm lucky I get a 1-1.5 hr.

Yes I'm over expressing during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ds was so good today. Went to chaddy and he fell asleep by himself in the pram (had to zip sleeping bag) but only ended up 40 min nap. We then bottle fed and then he fell asleep in car (only 40min again) but he allowed us to stay for over 3 hrs!!
    Last edited by Gelati; 12-02-2016 at 15:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine catnap this morning but this arvo big sleep! Have been sleeping for 2 hours

Another week down!

Any plan for v day girls? We don't celebrate. Refuse to pay a lot of money for dinner when we could just pay normal price the day before or after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    See that's great. If I can get 2 x 1.5 hrs a day it makes such a huuge difference. Gonna try white noise app again. I didn't get a chance to pump for 7 hrs today cos at chaddy and can get a 200ml bottle. Maybe I just pump every 6-7 hrs!