Closed Thread
Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - every 3 hrs from the start of the feed is excellent. I would love that. Mine has been 2 hrs from the start of the last feed. Does that mean if dd sleeps 40min then she is up for 2 hrs 20min? So mine was eating every 2 hrs and one was only 1.5hrs!! I went to feed to keep with the routine but he didn't want any (which I assumed). Managed to het 50ml in but then I couldn't get him down. He was probably hungry by the end but refused to feed and had to rock him to sleep. He only slept 20min but better than nothing. He cried so much before Falling asleep. Then I think he was back on track and ate 150ml. Geez!! He's fed 7 times already today if he wakes again that will be 8 times 😬😳

So you class 40min as one sleep cycle? I thot 2 min is 1 sleep cycle. Yes I think anything less than 1 hr is catnapping.

@bbhope I think any kind of sleep training is worth it. Even without interruptions Bub will regress and change but any kind of self soothing / training is a win in my books because he is still learning something. Today I had to rock him to sleep in my arms but the next sleep he self soothes again. I think it's worth it.
    So do you need to organise your own mothers group? That's annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib I have no milk today either. Can't keep up with the pumping when ds catnaps that many times in a row. I've been sucked dry!

Oh no maybe go back on the mortilium? My supply has decreased too I think. He's been feeding badly the last 3 days. No more than 2 let downs per boob and he used to get 4 sometimes. Feel like that's caused my body to produce less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is doing catnapping everyday! However, looking at my old posts. 30 mins is an improvement of 10--15 mins. LOL. I just read an old forum post from Ngala website. Wow...one lady encountered the exact same problem that i am having with DS. She also tried the suggested method and had the same result as me. I wonder if she actually solved the catnapping in the end. The Ngala staff seems to suggest that sleep is a developmental thing. I totally agree on this one because i can certainly see new pattern emerges as DS grows older. I can only hope that our gentle method will help him grow out of the catnapping in the end. Wishful thinking -- quite a lot of ladies on the other forum told me a different story.

40 mins is considered a sleep cycle. However, for my DS, 30 mins for him.

Yes, freaking annoying that i have to organize my own mother's group. I have no idea where to start! The lady whom i met today will move up to the next age playgroup in March. That means that i won't see her the next time i am off work bringing DS to the playgroup. Hopefully, i will still see her at the library story time program. Such a shame that i couldn't do the coffee with her today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I think resolving sleep problems is secondary when Bub has health issues like reflux etc. all that self soothing stuff goes out the window a bit because there's another reason why Bub is catnapping. But for our Bub he self soothes so I have no idea why he only catnaps. Must be hunger but then why does he only eat 100ml sometimes? I wish he would consistently eat 150ml then sleep 1-1.5 hrs. Yes sometimes ds sleep cycle is only 30min too. Why?? I may need to go to sleep school to see if they can help me with the catnapping. Maybe I need to be more strict with the sleep schedule. He shouldn't need 7 feeds a day anymore. He should drink more each feed. He always sleeps good up until midday then it all goes to crap until night time.

Maybe next time you go you'll meet other mums with bubs your age. You could also ask them how to join a mothers group. Good on you for getting out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's why I go by feed time not wake time. The goal is a full bottle each time so I can rule out hunger is not the reason. That says the feed time is flexible as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope how come your council doesn't organise mothers group? Have you checked your council website?

How was your first day at work?

I agree with @Gelati with a colic baby I'm not sure if you want the extra stress of sleep training. But it might help with routine. Not sure. I don't know what to do with a colic baby.

Not sure which thermos. Mum bought it for me. I'll ask mum later where she gets it from.
    @Gelati sorry it was 8 am start yesterday morning not 7. Anyway so far today. She woke up at 8.30 am. Feed play sleep at 10 am. Woke up at 10.45 am. I didn't feed straight away. Fed her at 11 am. And I just put her down at 12.20 pm.

I've had enough of BF I think. Not because I don't want to but it's too much guessing. This morning she pushed my boobs away so I thought awesome she's full. Then when I put her to sleep at 10 she cried hungry. So I ended up feeding her to sleep with a bottle. I don't like it. The 11 am feed she pushed my boobs away and cried I top up still. So I think she pushed it away not because she's full but because she's frustrated the milk flow is way too slow. Anyway she just fell asleep within 2 mins I put her into the cot lol.

Are you BF and top up or just feeding via bottle? How are you going to do it when he goes to cc?

Do you think DS keeps waking at night because he didn't have enough milk during the day? He doesn't seem to feed the same amount all the time. And the fact that he gets up so soon after a feed does that mean he's hungry?

I'll be lucky to get one let down these days. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope when you say sleep training what kind of training?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How annoying!! DD sleeps so well after the 11 am feed. But I had to meet someone so at 2 pm I had to wake her up. Luckily she's still sleeping in the car. I have 20 mins to go before my catch up. Will need to feed her then. Argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - yeh i'm a bit over breastfeeding too but not cos i don't like it because when he breastfeeds i really love it but he just won't feed well anymore. Also it is so time consuming needing to pump esp when he only catnaps. I'll be glad when i can stop breastfeeding. he's 16 weeks tmr...almost at the 4 month mark! i want to do until 6 months mixed feeding but see how i go. I am going to give formula when he goes to childcare. Easier that way.

Can you just top up after every breastfeed or is that too much effort?

I don't know why ds catnaps to be honest. I've tried everything. Even after a 180ml bottle he still only sleeps 40min. So today i've tried something different again....keeping him up for at least 1.5 hrs - 2 hrs so when he wakes it's been at least 2.5 hrs since his last feed. It's exhausting for me keeping him entertained for 1.5 hrs but at least when he wakes up he drinks ravenously taking in at least 140 ml each time. He just took 180 then. But...still catnapping all day. I thot maybe he was not tired enough so really tried to entertain him but still catnap. I may go to sleep school after 6 months to see what's really wrong. He's so grumpy after a catnap so i know that's not all he needs. I watched him wake up today. Wakes up crying. not screaming but grizzling.

how was your day today? isnt't that always the way? they know when exactly you don't want them to sleep and that's when they'll sleep. sigh. that's so lucky she continues to sleep in the car. She must sleep really deeply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First day back to work was good. I need brain stimulation than just doing the same thing everyday. I guess being a stay at home mom is never my dream. On my way home now.

Sleeping training basically consists of textbook routine. Like putting bub when u see first tired sign, insisting of soothing in the cot etc. pat and Shoosh. That's part of the sleep training. by 6 months, I think they will even let you try control crying. All good except every baby is different. DS certainly can't do textbook case.