Closed Thread
Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope there is no schedule. Some days he catnaps all day others he is better. Regardless how much we feed him. Go figure! Good work on making it to playgroup and also getting some advice. Very handy. Teething already? That's fast! Hope he does ok and no fever etc. not all babies have issues with teething. Apparently rubbing cold lemon in the gums helps.

So how long can your babies stay up for now? I feel like ds still can only last 1hr to 1.5hrs Max. But a lot of the time it's just over 1hr he seems to get tired so quickly!

Also the saliva and hand / thumb sucking is getting ridiculous. He just constantly has his fists in his mouth and saliva going everywhere!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, DH can feel the teeth underneath his gum. He likes to rub the teat in his mouth rather than sucking it these days. It is very difficult to feed him! Hahah...i would like to see the face of him bitting down the lemon.

You asked the wrong person about wake time. DS can't nap so he can be up like 3.5 hrs. But i can tell that he is very tired by 2 hrs mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati she has 120ml before she sleeps at night. During the day it's a bit of guessing game. Boobs first then top up of 30-60ml. It's annoying not knowing exactly how much she has but I can't be bothered express first then feed. I don't have the hospital grade medela anymore. Using medela swing now and it takes so much longer and only one boob at a time. So I can't express first during the day plus DD does a better job in emptying the boob.

When she was a newborn I used to wake her up so she can feed. So maybe she's always a champion sleeper.
    @bbhope yeah our lives changed too but yours is very restrictive still because of DS unsettled a lot. We managed to have dinner at my parents last night. Quick bite and run. DD got her first red packet and she has no idea what it was haha. I'll put the money aside for her school fees. She got quite overwhelmed after an hour as everyone is in her face talking to her. She started to grizzle and we left. She gave my parents plenty of smiles though. Made their day.
    @bbhope good on you for going still. Sometimes the hardest part is to leave the house. If its in a park as well babies can cry. No one would care.

How long does sleep regression last?
    @Gelati DD can only stay up about 60-90 minutes as well. She gets quite grumpy after that or overtired then it's worse.

Lemon lol. I think I'll do that once and see her face too haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's the plan today ladies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleep regression is permanent as I was told. However, there are actions that one can make to cope/change it. Someone posted this for me.
    https://childsleepscience.wordpress....done-about-it/

That's why i refused to feed more than once at night. No feed to sleep. I know DS will only be hungry once. One top up at night is sufficient.

Also, after asking few people at the playgroup yesterday, I will hold off starting DS on solid. I think it is important to find out why he is so gassy before introduce new thing to his digestive system. DH isn't keen from the start anyway. DS just doesn't seem ready. I'll still talk to the gasteroenterologist to see if he has any opinion.

No plan today...I was planning to go by centrelink because it is so f%# up that they still haven't unlocked my authority to change stuff in my online account. I thought they had fixed that when i applied for PPL. It is still required me to show photo ID even just to change my home address! It is such a hassle to go there because it is far away! it is crazily hot this week. 42C until Friday!! Minimal outdoor activity. DS will be bored at home today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    42???? Ouch that's hot!! It's a nice 23 degree in Melb

Centrelink is so bad. I had to go back three times when I applied for PPL. I have it now though. It comes through my work. Have also received the 12 week paid leave from work upfront.

I think you will know when your DS is ready for solids. I plan to start at 4 months but will see how I go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - great work persisting with one feed per night. One feed is enough for him I think. We don't feed to sleep either. Ds is always awake after I take him off the boob to burp him anyways. Oh didn't realise sleep regression is permanent. Eek!

@Minib - dd is def a great sleeper you are very lucky for sure! How was dd last night? She seems to be consistently sleeping over 6 hrs now? Ds is all over the place at night now which is annoying. Still only 1 feed at most but I prefer him to sleep 7-8 hrs but he only does that once very couple of days it seems now. No idea what's going on. He self soothes as well so it can't be how he's falling asleep and he has a huge bottle before bed now so can't be hunger. Maybe it's just comfort? I don't mind because I want to savour these months when he is still breastfeeding and so little but at the same time I want him to be consistent to sleep thru the night. Last night he did 10:30 - 3:30 then 4 - 9.

I went to see another cc place today that is closer to home that offered us a day. I ended up taking it cos they have a room just for 0-1 yr. most places do 0-2 yrs. so ds will start from 4.5 mths for half day and see how he goes. Aw I'm a bit apprehensive leaving him there. But I think it will be good for him.

Anyways he ended up missing his nap poor guy and was so grumpy. Up for almost 3 hrs because of the cc thing. He then only slept for 20min in the car before I had to take him out. He then wouldn't sleep again so we played and fed and now he's been down for over 2 hrs. Must be so tired little guy.

Centrelink sux! I have to go and get ds a crn. Dreading it! But need it for cc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The whole CC thing has me confused. Since we don't seem to have a chance with the work one, I contacted few other places. There are two CCs have spot available straight away. One told me that they can't foresee what happens in May when i need it. Huh? I thought all CCs are so booked out and thus contacting places now. What should I do? These places are back up.

Oh...can't you apply CRN for DS online? I haven't gotten one for DS either. I can't even change my address online. I just paid the fees upfront last week.
    @Gelati: i am a cruel mom. LOL. It was a good week for me when I didn't have to spend the whole day with DS last week. I felt that it is so important to have me time. Staying at home and doing the same thing over and over again can be a bit depressing. Another reason that i am looking forward going back to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhipe you are not cruel. Your son catnaps so you barely have time to yourself so it's completely understandable. My son gives me a break during the day also I have my mum to help out and I go to her house etc to break up the day if I'm in need of human interaction. Completely understand why you feel the way you feel.

Yes I thot all cc would be full. Maybe you just got lucky? The ones that are offering me a position are ones I've been on a waiting list since June last year. I'm still surprised they could offer me something so soon. Thot the waiting would be awhile. But they apparently have room so I just try it out. If it doesn't work out I can always cancel.

I assumed I couldn't apply online? Maybe you can. That's so crap they haven't sorted out your account. They really are hopeless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is ideally like Childcare in May or June as well. But like you were told you never know. The biggest intake is in February. So I'm just taking it in case I don't get one later in the year. I'm glad the rebate is financial year so may as well make the most of it. This way I can slowly introduce ds to Childcare