Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #3

Eeepppp @Minib it's time! Yay xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter is here. 9 days early. She's healthy. I'm exhausted!! Far out labour hurts!!! I cried of the pain haha but it's all worth it

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (06-12-2015),Tanej78  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yayayay!!! Congratulations @Minib!!! So happy for you. She came early, couldn't wait to meet you. We want details!!

So exciting your little girl is here. Well done mummy. Rest up and eat up. You deserve it! Xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Best news ever to wake up too... Congrats @Minib and fam ❤️💜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

Contraction (thought it was BH) started yesterday morning at 4 am. But it wasn't regular and wasn't that painful.

I went on my day as per normal. House chores. Went shopping for 4 hours. Then back to house chores and went to a Xmas party last night too. But around 4 pm yesterday it was more regular. I still went to the party but around 7.30 pm I thought well this is every 5 mins now. Rang the hospital and they told me to come in.

They monitored me for an hour. OB came an hour later and he broke my water around 9 pm. Contraction become more regular around 4 mins and lasted longer.

By around 11 pm I was in pain. 60 seconds contraction every 2 mins. I was on the gas which helped. But around midnight the pain was too much for the gas. The gas made me drowsy and didn't take the pain away. I started to lose focus and struggle to breathe. My baby heart rate was a bit high because of my stress level. And my dilatation only increased by 2 cm after 3.5 hours. I was told I had about 4 hours to go and I decided to take epidural. At this stage I was crying.

Epidural went in half an hour later and oh my I couldn't feel the pain. I was so calm I even slept for 3 hours despite the contraction. They woke me up at 4. OB told me to push as I was fully dilated. Well pushing with epidural is weird. Can't feel anything. Can't feel contraction and just have to follow instruction. 22 mins later after about 4 contractions I gave birth to my little girl. She was perfect. 3.4 kgs.

I was so exhausted. After feeding her I fell asleep. DH looked after her for 1.5 hours while I slept. He loved the bonding and I was grateful for the sleep.

Now she seems to feed and sleep well but hey it's day one lol. I don't seem to produce colostrum though 😢 midwife said Asian women can struggle with that but can still produce milk.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 what time is transfer tomorrow?? Good luck. Will be thinking of you x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - wow you still went to a Christmas party?? Tough girl! Sounds like you did super! You got to over 6cm. Must have been pretty painful I only got to 4. You did amazing with the pushing. It took me over an hr!! It's really tough with an epi.

If she is feeding you must be producing colostrum. Even if you don't see it. Great job with the breastfeeding so far. Which hospital did you say you were at? Just order everything on the menu!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg. Congrats!!!!@minib. You must have a strong stigma. I can't imagine goig through the initial pain without epi. The contraction is the largest at the beginning for contraction.

It helps to stimulate the nipples/breast if bub is sucking. That's what I did despite not having anything.
    @Tanej78: waiting to hear good news from you.
    @Gelati: if my Bub can fall asleep himself and is willing to sleep in the pram, we can out shopping for furniture. It looks like this house won't be in order for a long while. My friend is coming over today. I am not keen of visitors but she offers some tips.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I know I don't like visitors either. Throws out our while routine. Also I'd rather be relaxing or sleeping than entertaining visitors but you can't get out of it.

Have you tried a dummy with Bub? If in desperate I'll put in a dummy and usually Bub falls asleep then I take the dummy out before putting him in the bassinet.

Bub tried to hit a hanging toy today! Yay another milestone.

@Tanej78 - big day tmr. Really hope you get good news, lots of frosties to test!! 🙏

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    11am transfer tomorrow thank you for thinking of me esp you new mama @Minib !!

Sounds like you did amazing... Xxx