Closed Thread
Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: no. Didn't try to feed him whenever he is up at night. Waking will becomes a habit and will be hard to get them sleep through the night in the future. It is quite disruptive for sleep if u feed them. It is different for BF because baby can be fed to sleep. At this age, they have the ability to sleep longer stretch without food. My friend refused to feed his son one night and just held him and let him cry. That's when her son finally slept through the night afterward. He was 8 months old. My friend said that she had reached breaking point and bit down the tongue doing it.

Dh and I have the dilemma of what to do with the left over. We want to donate them but we aren't allowed (wa is allowed I think). We don't have to decide now, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way! Not thinking of having second anytime soon lol. Still trying to adjust with one. We have 3 frosties. Hopefully we get a baby out of those 3. I am prepared to do another fresh stim cycle but I wouldn't keep going. The second time we will have a limit and stop once we get there with or without another baby. I don't want to be upset all the time and forget to enjoy what I have. But I might feel differently when the time comes?

Well done to your DS today @Gelati food napping! On the other hand my dd is a nightmare. Won't sleep past one sleep cycle so she was super tired tonight. Now asleep but not deep sleep so fingers crossed.
    @bbhope wow those wake up must have exhausted you. I feel tired just hearing it! Hope you have a better night tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no @Minib is it cos you're away? Hope she has a good night tonight.

@bbhope I didn't realise that breastfed is different. But we don't feed to sleep. If ds wakes middle of the night he's wide awake when I put him back in the cot. Sometimes we even change nappy after a feed so he's wide awake. That's interesting you say that. You think that's why our son sometimes sleeps thru but other times doesn't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: That's what my friend told me because she always fed her son to nap and sleep! I don't want to generalize but it seems to be the trend? Baby certainly falls asleep with the breast. DS used to fall asleep at night feed when i was still BF but wasn't productive. That's because he didn't have a full feed and then woke up 1 hr later demanding for more!

I am now avoiding changing diaper in the middle of the night. It takes longer to get DS back to sleep if he becomes wide awake. Changing diaper will certainly does that! When DS was feeding twice at night, his diaper would be leaking in the morning. Now, with 1 feed per night. No problem so i go without changing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati yep not sure. We had a good night though. She slept from 9 to 4.30 am and still sleeping now at 7.30 am. How was your night?
    @Gelati with BF we can never be too sure how much milk they have where as with bottle @bbhope can 100% control it.

I don't want her to be wide awake at night actually. After feeding, we hold her upright for about 10 mins before putting her down. We don't change nappy as well sometimes at night.

This is why I don't want to BF at night. My DD will def fall asleep BF at night and won't have a full feed. She will then wake up an hour later hungry probably. I prefer bottle at night as I know for sure she's full and capable of sleeping through. Bottle can be formula or EBM. Last night was EBM. I woke up an hour early to pump and wait for her to wake up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - I think ds wakes up in the middle of the night more for comfort rather than hanger cos it doesn't matter how many let downs I get he'll go down for another 3-5 hrs. But I've not tried not feeding him and trying to put him down again. I'll see how I go in the next few weeks and see if there's a pattern to him waking in the middle of the night.

Wow so she slept 12 hrs straight?? That's amazing! Ds has never slept that long. Longest is 10hrs. Nurse told me boys wake more than girls. Wonder why?

Ds slept 9:30 - 12:30 then to 6am then to 10:30am so not bad given he slept so much yesterday. Naps were all longer than 1.5 hrs. Good thing is he's mostly self soothing now. Sometimes with a dummy sometimes without but good thing is once his eyes are closed he spits out dummy and doesn't want it anymore. I always try without dummy first and hope that he can calm himself down without it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I don't change diaper now in a 12 hr period of night sleep. I find he doesn't pee that much while in deep sleep so when j changed his nappy at 2-3am it was barely anything. By 10am the next day it's pretty heavy tho! Luckily no leakage. I think not changing diaper during night sleep is a good way to go.

@Minib I didn't pump last night until 6am - and got a blockage now. Urgh!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, exactly. With bottle feeding, we know exactly how much he gets. With 180ml, i am sure that he can't be hungry in 3 hrs at night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati it does sound like your DS is using the BF as an aid to sleep rather than hungry. You could try not feed him but just make sure you listen to his cue in case he's hungry.

No she woke up once at 4 am. So she slept for 7.5 hours before she wanted a feed. Pretty good. I was happy with that.

You had a good night too. That's awesome! If he spits out the dummy I wouldn't mind the dummy at all.

We are going out for dinner again tonight. It's the annual 'reunion' dinner. Chinese New Year tradition. Early dinner at 6 so should be home by 8. Poor DD has had a few busy nights because mummy and daddy have things on.

Oh crap @Gelati how's the blocked duct?
    @bbhope for 180ml is that every 4 hours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: he only drinks 120--150ml every 4 hrs. I don't even try at 3hrs mark anymore. 180ml only in rare occasion and if he has the appetite. That will last at least 5 hrs.