Closed Thread
Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What would you do about going out for dinner? Leave Bub at home with grandma? Not go? Or take Bub with you and deal with the consequences later?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay that DH is home. You deserve a medal to be doing it solo for a week @bbhope.

My baby is much easier and I don't think i could do it solo for a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have a grandma here. The answer is not going. I mentioned that we both have to be at work at the same time in two weeks time. There is a dinner function that week and we both opted out. We will be putting DS with the babysitter full time for a week so feel obligated to spend some time with him in the evening. Well, not much wake time but to put him to bed. He doesn't sleep in the pram so bringing him out for dinner is not an option. His bed time is rather early.......I think what we would try is to bring him out for dinner at a friend's place in the future. At least, if something goes wrong, it would be at someone else home not out in the public.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are going to a party in a few weeks. Mum is coming to babysit. That's ok cos Bub will be sleeping and mum can relax. But to ask again for next Friday I feel bad. I might not go and DH can just go himself. It's probably a good thing. He doesn't have to rush.

Taking him to someone's house is nice @bbhope
    I've not done that for dinner either! Only daytime outing and have always been home before 6 pm. Tonight was our first night out. DD is sleeping now. It's almost 9 pm so a bit late. Hopefully she doesn't wake up grumpy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, if your mom is coming over, certainly go then.

DS schedule is so messed up. His last meal was 3:30pm. He refuses to eat. He is now in bed. It is going to be 2 feeds tonight, i guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope yay you survived the week well done you! Now hand bub over to dh and go spoil yourself
    I think at this age don't stress too much about schedule if it goes off sometimes. They are still really young. They'll get into a routine eventually. Ds is all over the place too. Last night did 9:30 - 8:30 with one wake up at 5am. There is no consistency with his night sleep anymore.

@Minib wow 16-17 hrs that's amazing!! I'm amazed at how easy my day is when ds does 15hrs! Today seems to be a non catnapping day for ds. Seems like he does one off and one on now. Been sleeping for over an hr now. Although to be fair yesterday he did 2x 1.5 and 3 x catnap. And he's been self soothing although this morning had to give him a dummy. Their memory hasn't formed yet. I'm like you know how to self soothe what happened??

I wouldn't take ds out for any meal at this stage as you know how he is in the pram. But dinner I wouldn't cos of his sleep schedule. Tonight we are going out for a birthday dinner and leaving ds with grandma. We took ds for dinner to grandparents house but that's cos dinner was ready by 6 and we left at about 7:30-8pm. Fed ds in the car and straight to bed when we got home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's annoying don't you think when they aren't consistent? When DD started catnapping I started becoming unsure of what I could do in between her feed. Do I have enough time to clean the house? Do I have enough time for a nap? Do I have enough time to sit down for a cuppa? So Suddenly I found myself becoming very unproductive as I just ended up not doing much and waiting for her to wake up. Some days she wake up after one sleep cycle some days she sleeps through and I kicked myself for not being productive lol.

Yeah Sunday night dinner is at 6 pm and its with family so we could always excuse ourselves early if needed. But next week is with friends and it's at 8 pm. I'm going to ask mum if she could stay with us. Otherwise I won't go. DH can go. It's more important that he goes not me.
    @Gelati your DS did an amazing job with the sleep last night! Mine slept from 9 to 4 then 4.30 to 6.30. I was surprised she woke at 6.30 am but then I saw the bottle and she didn't finish it. She left about 30ml. DH said she didn't want it. No wonder she woke up 2 hours early as she was hungry.

I actually can't wait for DD to start solid and interact more with us. Got lots of smiles from her this morning but still have to work very hard for it. The smiles are very far between.

I guess they all say babies at these age are still all over the place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone thinking about second child already? Haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha...as you can tell from our struggle with DS, the answer is NO. I think we both are happy to just have one child. Our life can start to move on like bringing DS to places and share the experiences that we have. So far, we haven't done anything given DS situation. Life becomes so boring and it is all about getting him to nap everyday. In fact, DH and i are thinking couple of trips now. I guess we are just not ready to get back to the boring daily routine with baby. Perhaps we will change our mind few years down the road.

I am very big on schedule. It makes the day so much manageable. It is even more important when I go back to work. We struggle a lot because DS can't nap.

So...DS basiaclly had a nap yesterday evening after refusing to eat at 6:30pm. I gave in and put him to bed. He woke up at 7:30pm (after his 30 mins catnap). Then, 11:30pm. I think he is back to midnight wake again. I refused to feed him because he had his last meal a lot later yesterday. I knew it wouldn't end well. So 12:30am, 2:15am -- finally fed him. Again, 4:30am, 6am. It was another weird night which happened before and with the same timing as well! So weird. You can imagine that i am exhausted. I wasn't planning to wake DH up at 5am because he is still jetlag. With all those wake hrs, I just couldn't do it anymore. Also, DH couldn't get him back to bed at 6am with his usual rock method. I told him what i did and DS behavior is new to him.

Anyway, another heat wave in Perth after the crazy cool days last week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib haha second def not yet but maybe when ds is 1.5 yrs old. I still have a frostie that I will def use. But no more fresh cycles for me. You thinking of a second already??

Yeh catnapping is hard. Now I just do what I want to do and if he wakes up I stop. As expected a good day for ds. Just did a 2 hr nap. He's a funny one.

@bbhope - oh no. That sounds so tiring. Have you tried just feeding him each time he's up and just feeding him less (like what he'll take) and see what he does after a week?