Closed Thread
Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ps I'm very nervous about tonight. At one point I blamed myself for even organising 3 nights away. What was I thinking. Should have just stayed at home and relax lol. DH is calm and said it will be fine and lets just go through our checklist - hungry, nappy, burp one by one.

I'm not sure how people go overseas with a young baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - we bath every second night and last time we tried bath feed sleep (our usual routine) but did the bath with the last feed and he was terrible. Tonight is the first time we did bath then sleep. Seemed to work but let's see. It was the first time. Wow 8pm sleep that's a great time. Your mum is right you have it all under control. Doing really well. I'm happy if ds starts his sleep at 9:30. So when you do your last feed for the day at say 7;30-8pm do you still play? We've been playing still and I think that's wrong. Tonight I just fed changed and put him in and he's still grizzling. Will see if he can go to sleep.

Your mum sounds nice. My mum helps a lot but makes me feel bad. Always telling me I'm not doing a good job and that I starved him at the beginning so I've probably stunted his growth. She also says I'm the one that's the problem not my son. He's easy to look after I'm the difficult one. So I don't really like having her around. Not sure if the extra help is worth it cos all she does is criticise and put me down.

Is this just a mini holiday for you and dh? You'll do great I'm sure it'll work out fine and then you'll be confident that you can go away with her. It's really good that dh is calm. It really helps. I know this sounds crazy but this is the first time I've done 2 weeks in a row without my mum coming over to stay and I'm so happy I've survived!! And I feel more confident with ds as well. I wish I had more confidence in myself from the start. Oh well better late than never!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh so startle reflex doesn't wake up your daughter? Mine would def wake himself up. Sleeping bag as in the ergo cocoon wraps that are like a swaddle. But I really want ds to sleep freely without arms swaddled now. Will start weaning him off when I feel he is ready. His startle reflex is a bit too strong still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    While the whole bed time routine is good, I don't know how one could ever go out or travel then. I think sleep is part of the mental development. My friend was keen to send her DD to sleep school but didn't in the end. She said that the problem just resolved itself when she grew older. Some babies are easier than other in term of sleep for sure. I felt a bit sad about the whole self settled thing last night. For whatever reason, he was very clingy yesterday when he got home. I put him down wide awake like the last two nights and did the usual ritual and left. He started to become a bit whinny. When i went back to check him, he had couple of tears in his eyes. It broke my heart. He just wanted cuddle. I did that. Once he was calm, i put him down again and he fell asleep. When he woke up at 11pm, i also had to resettle him by holding him. He kept peeking and checked if i was still there holding him. ;'( He must have missed me. Dh is right that i tried too hard to have him sleep on his own during the day, there is a lack of body contact and DS wants the cuddle. Anyway, daycare is a good thing. it makes me wanting to spend more time with DS and hold him more.

Oh...ya, no idea if he is teething but he is chewing aggressively even my finger! I bought a silicon made teething toy. It can be refrigerated so it is cool.
    @tenaj78: I'll PM you about the biopsy. I had done that with DrM. There are info that i don't want to put it on the public forum.
    @Gelati; my mom and i also have different philosophy in term of raising the kid. That's why we argued all the time. On the other hand, looking back, she was just trying everything to settle DS and got him to sleep. Neither DH nor I could! I remember only my mom could get him to fall asleep after DS had been up for nearly 10 hrs. It was a terrible day. Guess what? That's also when we started rocking and sang to him to sleep at night. Whatever it takes.....

No, DS won't sleep in pram. It doesn't matter if i pat him or give him pacifier. He actually just spits it out. I will try to use a blanket cover to make it darker and see if he would fall asleep that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah our mini holiday after baby. A trial for a bigger holiday later in the year.

We don't play at our last feed. It ranges from 6 to 7.30 pm. I try not to stress about the time as much. It's more the routine to let her know it's bed time.

Mum luckily never made comment like that. I have a chubby baby so mum thinks I'm doing a good job lol. The only concern she has is my BM quality. She said its quite watery and not yellow more white-ish. She thinks my BM isn't very good. But I think it's just how it is? I have nothing to compare to. Are you still BF much?

Your mum is a bit harsh. I think you are doing a brilliant job and admire your dedication. Don't let her upset you. Maybe you can have her a bit less so you can have more confidence. You are def doing s great job. Tell her the MHN and paed said so.

Woohoo 2 weeks!!! And think about how steep the learning curve is for all of us. You should celebrate and have a glass of wine.

For some reasons the starts reflex is fine at night but not necessarily during the day. She didn't like her arms wrapped from newborn. She loves sleeping with both arms up near her head. We would try to swaddle but didn't do a good job. We should have used ergococoon back.

I just finish pumping. It's almost midnight. Fingers crossed she doesn't get up at midnight and will get up at 3 am instead.

How fun for a mini getaway. I went to bed at 9 pm and crashed haha.
    @bbhope another night down!! When DH is home you have a couple glasses of wine and relax!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope when DD was much younger I didn't know how to settle her too. My mum did it. She was so patient. She would rock her and sang to her until she fell asleep. Mum would rock for an hour if needed. Lucky she was there! But now I told her no rocking. She can't help herself to start swaying when cuddling her haha.

I know what you mean about self settling. It also break my heart when I see her cry. Sometimes I need to go downstairs so I couldn't hear her as much. If I think she's had a rough day and just want cuddle I don't necessarily let her cry. I just cuddle more. You could tell when they are being a sook and just want cuddle. In a way I think it's so cute that they want us. They won't stay small forever so I'm trying to cuddle as much as I can. I'll miss the cuddles I'm sure. I love cuddle so much more now. It's when suddenly she would put her arms around me and really snuggle up and rest her head on my shoulder. I mean they always do that but there's something different about that cuddle. It's like she suddenly clicked that there is no other place she'd rather be. I had tears in my eyes. Tears of happiness
    @bbhope I have Sophie the giraffe. Like gelati, I also heard this is really good

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope if you want to cover the pram with a blanket please make sure it's not a thick blanket. It will make the pram bassinet too hot inside. I always use Muslin wrap only and I actually rarely do that. I want to make sure there is some air. My pram bassinet isn't very big so I worry it might get warm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: i don't have a bassinet for the pram. Actually, britax has made a new version of the pram which has the addition feature i was looking for last year!!! The reverse handle so it can be rear facing, LOL can't justfiy to buy a new pram. The bonus is denim fabric rather than polyester.

As for the BM color, mine was mixed with colostrum at the beginning so was yellowish. It turned white-ish at some point. Perhaps Gelati has a better insight into this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL. I was already drinking in the last few nights. That's why when DS woke up at 11pm instead of 2am last night, i was still a bit drunk.

Oh.....are you ladies the spy of my day carer? How funny that she changed several things today. Few pictures of DS playing on the playmat and he was fed at every 3 hr mark and after sleep rather than feed to sleep. Remember that these are the things i complained yesterday?
    Last edited by bbhope; 04-02-2016 at 23:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope hey that's great she's doing what you want now. Maybe you can use her again?

Yeh sometimes they just want to be close to mum. It does break your heart when they have tears. Even when they look at you and stiffen their lip.

@Minib - I still breastfeed in the morning but yesterday cos he slept so much I breastfed all day and top up if I felt like he hasn't had enough. As expected he only slept 4.5 hr then 4 hr then 1.5 hr. What time is your dd wake up time (I.e the feed you start to play at)?

Thx yeh my mum is pretty harsh. I mean she has helped a lot but she can be quite awful to be around.

I suspect ds will catnap all day today.