Closed Thread
Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    PS: i found sleep dictates their feed at night. When he started waking up before midnight after switching the formula, i experiemented couple of things. Put him to bed later or gave him more formula but he still ended up waking up around midnight for the feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope so ds can sleep 6-7 hrs after going down at 7pm? I think that's really good! My boy can only do 7-8 hrs normally overnight but he goes down late. At 9-10pm. Then he does another 1.5-3 hrs after that.

Ds is catnapping all day today again. Sigh. No long nap today. I thot this last one may be but no luck. He's only fed 4 times today tho so maybe that's why.

@Minib how is dd today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - didn't see your post until now. Oh that sounds so crappy! Why was it still in there? Hopefully that's the reason though how frustrating and all that money gone. I really hope that's the reason tho. The medical profession can really be so negligent. The mind boggles! Good to hear dh is coming home soo and you need someone to take care of you. Sending hugs xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 wth!!! So all these time that could be the cause. Argh!!! All those time, money, heartache etc. I feel for you!!! Hopefully you can put it aside and just focus on next step. Don't get me wrong. Have a few glasses of wine first then move on. I do hope now it's all smooth sailing. Seriously it's about time!! I'm glad your DH is coming home soon. Plenty of cuddles for you. I'm praying you get your miracle soon and you will join us in baby talk. 2016 will be your year!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope sounds like your DS gets a good stretch in the first half then the poor poppet struggle with the pain. Hey it's night #4 woohoo. When is DH coming home? I am also impressed you can keep to a schedule. We used to have better 4 hourly schedule but now I'm feeding between 2.5 to 4 hours depend on dd.
    @Gelati if I'm going out and the timing is right I would go out straight after feed even if it means I get there 30 mins early. I would then walk her in the pram until meeting time. I don't want her to sleep at home then move her into the car then again into the pram. But sometimes the timing can't always be perfect. Then I have no choice but to move her even when she's sleeping. And I just hope for the best that she falls asleep again. She's more alert now so I doubt this will continue.

My poor DD cries in the car today. The whole time. 30 mins there and 20 mins home. She cried to a point where she almost lost her voice. I couldn't pull over because of the traffic. Once home, I cuddled her tight and she calmed down. I feel so bad. Maybe the seatbelt is too tight. Not sure. Hope it's not the beginning of her hating the car as I won't know what to do. Tomorrow is the test as I have a big drive tomorrow. Over an hour each way. So nervous now!

Otherwise she's so good today. Fed and slept well. I'm so lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati does he feed the same amount every time even after a catnap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - nah hopefully just a once off. You are lucky she sleeps so well and isn't a catnapper. I had enough tonight and refused to give ds a dummy. I left him to cry a minute each time then went in to rock him. Eventually he calmed down and I left him in his room and he fell asleep himself. He just gets himself so worked up. It's becoming a habit and tonight I was like right that's it you know how to self soothe. No more dummy. He can self soothe middle of the night and first thing in the morning but durn g the day cries as soon as I put him in.

Nah he lets less if it's less than 3 hrs between feeds. Snacking I reckon! Today I fed every 2.5hrs from 2pm onwards. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS only changed back to that long stretch schedule in the last few days. FX that it lasts. When he went back to the every 4hrs for 2 weeks, it was difficult. He has been good to me. Not much crying. Ahem....the carer said that he had few episodes of big cry. I suspect that she just didn't know what DS wanted and reacted inappropriately. Come on, he is not supposed to drink every 2 hrs, that's way too much for his stomach to handle! I am not very happy about this because it makes his reflux and stomach worse. The mistake we made when he was young. Yes, 2 more nights then DH is home. Woohoo...

Oh....i think the carer can sense that i am not too happy about her feeding him this often. Today, she fed him at 10am because he was hungry. OK, maybe this was true because i fed him at 7am today but it normally can last 3.5-4 hr. And then, she said that he had a big cry and couldn't be settled so fed him at noon. You know what? I dont' buy it because i can tell that she is doing it on purpose judging from the feed, nap time in the last 3 days.

Also, i DON'T feed to sleep because i want to keep the feed, play, sleep routine. Obviously, that's what she is doing. Full stomach equals longer nap?!? I don't think this applies to DS. LOL. This has created a bad habit actually. DS fell asleep for the last two feeds I gave him today. I am a cruel mom. I woke him up to finish the bottle. Anyway, he will be awake when i burp him so i am not that mean. This makes me wonder if she burps him at all. I have to re-structure the schedule every day when he comes back from day care to makes sure he has his last feed around 6pm--7pm and as much as possible.

For me, thing is slightly easier to control because i am doing full formula feeding. I don't think i keep the schedule really well. We think that DS schedule is still all over the place. We basically just play it by ears but aim every 4 hrs for a full bottle and readjust during the day so wake and bed time is within 1 hr of aimed time.

PS: if i want it strict, i can have a set nap time regardless of he catnaps or not. I don't think i am going to do this, though. Because if he wants to nap, i would let him nap rather than cut it short if it is time for the feed.
    Last edited by bbhope; 03-02-2016 at 21:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati oh no is he starting to rely on dummy too much?
    @bbhope that's so annoying how she feeds him regardless. I wonder if cc will do that too. Maybe she thinks he was hungry hence couldn't sleep. She doesn't know your son as well bummer. If he wants to nap let him. Sleep promotes sleep apparently

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sitting here pumping. It's been over an hour because stupid me didn't check the attachment was loose so I wasted 45 minutes for nothing. So stupid