Closed Thread
Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I store my bottles in the steriliser. I pretty much wash and sterilise after every use and leave the lid closed until I need to use it.

Re water I store mine in normal thermos. Didn't know it can cause bacteria.

To heat up EBM I just pour it into a sterilised bottle and use warm bath for a few minutes.
    @bbhope did you get something nice for lunch.
    @Gelati we stayed home today. Only went out the back for some fresh air. We had a really busy day yesterday so I'm tired and stayed home. At MG, I didn't have to rock her to sleep. I cuddled her and just talk to her gently until she's ready to be put in the pram. She will fall asleep normally. If she doesn't I will walk the pram a bit or pick her up if she's super fussy

I put DD directly into the car seat. Not from top and slide. She's ok with how I put her in. I don't have head rest and only just bought one because it just clicked to me that she might get sore neck! Lol. Bad mum. I normally wiggle her a bit to correct the sitting position so she's comfortable. At least she looks comfortable to me.

Is the seatbelt too tight maybe? And DS doesn't like it?

I think if both your DS want to stay awake longer maybe let them do that during the day. They are 4 months old now yeah? So must be more curious and playful.

I found DD different today. Doesn't want to finish her normal top up (which threw me out as I became unsure if she's full or not), and wanted to be awake more too. Maybe it's hot or maybe she's just starting to want see more and sleep less.

I'm really confused about the feeding. It feels like I have more BM but I'm not sure. I'm saying that because DD doesn't want her normal top up. She will drink less. But then she didn't sleep long today only catnap. So I'm just really confused. And with that I feed to sleep twice today as top up. Not the ideal feed, play, sleep.

I was thinking of just pumping for one day so I can have an idea of how much milk I produce and she consumes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It feels like a cruel joke. Just as I'm ready to quit BF it feels my milk supply can continue for a few more weeks. Still need top up I think but I'm also not 100% sure. It basically confused me so much! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: it takes a few weeks to cease the milk production. I quit at 7w and still had milk (just a bit) until like 12w.

I don't think thermo flask will cause bacteria because you use it quickly. I am talking about those at the office where there is a tank storing hot water all the time.

Which car seat do you have? We bought infa secure kompressor caprice because the other model neon (using the same shell mould) has less bulky padding. We thought more padding is good and comfy but my chubby bub seems too fat to fit comfortable in there. LOL.

I am tempted to bring DS to the playground next monday. Except it is 10am which is usually his nap time if he does it! I went to check it out yesterday. It is a BIG group but might be a good start to meet other moms. It is led by the ngala staff as well and they are happy to answer any question like sleep/feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I haven't started ceasing milk production. Still feeding during the day and pumping overnight. Although I have reduced my motilium from 6 tablets to 4. MHN told me that some women have their milk supply stabilised around week 8-12 and told me to trust my supply and stop all top up. I don't want to as it will stress me out too much. Tonight I fed her at 6 and she was slow to finish the top up so I thought must be full. And at around 7.30 she's crying hungry so we gave her 60ml and she finished it and now asleep.

I have Britax safe and sound platinum.

I think you should @bbhope even if he's sleeping in the pram you could meet other mums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, i had a good lunch. I have been craving for a specific dish for a long time. Drove almost 30km back to the city. LOL. I live fairly far away from the city now. Well, not exactly for the food only. I went to babybunting to get the baby monitor. DH is keen on the IP camera (like Foscam) but am not sure how good that is as compared to stand alone unit. It was listed on the website that the standalone unit can get interference with wireless router at home. @Minib do yo have this problem with angel care?

OK...maybe the carer fix schedule is not a bad thing. In the last 2 days, DS asked for nap exactly at 3pm and woke up past 5pm. That's why i am saying that he is more keen to sleep than eat! He catnapped but i helped him to transit his sleep cycle during this 2 hrs. Sleep transition worked probably because he hardly got any nap at day care! He is doing the same right now. He will be screaming hungry when he wakes up for sure! Last meal was 12:30pm!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - sounds like your milk has increased. Can you pump more now? Try not feeding her one day and pump and see how much you can get.

Nah he cries before I even put the seat belt on. He just doesn't look comfortable in there all squished but he will sleep in it for 1.5hrs so must be comfortable? I'm it might be too hot. We don't have a garage so maybe the seat gets too warm. I don't know. Confused.

You're lucky you can get dd to fall asleep in the pram so easily. I think I just need to go out more and get ds used to pram and car seat.

@bbhope I know we have very similar characters in our sons. So does that mean your son didn't feed from 12:30 to later than 3:30? That's pretty good. I sometimes feed ds on an 2 hr schedule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops I've been storing sterilised bottles in a air tight tub.
    I just hear up in bottle warmer. When it's room temp it's very quick as water is still hot. We feed expressed milk first which is always cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib we have the same car seat and I find the seat belt so fiddly. It also seems so squishy in there. Do you find it gets really hot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati it does get hot luckily my car is in the locked up garage and j tend to put aircon on first Before putting Bub in. Do you adjust seatbelt? As in since he's newborn until now? I think if he can fall asleep it can't be uncomfortable. Must be just not liking the restrain.

@bbhope I have no issue at all with my angelcare. The base unit is upstairs and my wireless modem is downstairs. The monitor itself is mainly downstairs except when we go to bed. It goes in our bedroom upstairs.
    @bbhope I was thinking wow last feed at 12.30 and now 8.30 pm but of course you are 2 hour behind in WA? That's still a long sleep during the day. He will be hungry! Does he drink more then or still the same intake?
    @Gelati yeah I might try to pump tomorrow instead of feeding directly. I'll go to mum tomorrow so I can pump in peace in case she needs settling. The only thing is I have mothers group at 2.15 pm. How do you carry EBM out with you? Also you said DS has it cold as in fridge cold or room temperature? What do you do when it's been in the fridge?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib oh I meant it's cold and then we heat it up in the bottle warmer so the formula never takes long to heat up because the water is already hot so we never use warm or hot water for the formula. The only time is if the water has cooled down from the boiling water we add to the glass jug we use to make up the formula. When I go out its sole formula feed and we usually pour some warm water into the bottle first or add boiling water to chilled water. Then just give it at whatever temperature.

Oh I just adjust the straps from using that black circle button or should I adjust the straps elsewhere too? I haven't adjusted since newborn other than using the black button which I loosen to take ds out and tighten when he goes in.