Closed Thread
Page 77 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Huh? Why do they change?

I don't know what the carer did to him exactly. Feed, some playtime and nap. I saw the log and She sent me videos and photos. I can't handle Ds by myself. Lets alone handling 4 babies at once. Impressed with day care worker. The other 3 babies are quite old, though. Like 8--9months. I am not surprised that she won't help making him transit to the next sleep cycle Because she is constantly busy. I was told that DS was doing better today. Only one big cry when he woke up and didn't see anyone. The nap is very short. He only got 1 hr Max the entire 5hrs. I suspect she just used feeding to get DS to nap because I dropped him off at 9:30 and he was certainly tired and ready for nap. she fed him at 10.

Hmm...starting to wonder if DS is using LTD as a sleeping cue. It is freezing cold in Perth last night and going to be tonight. 11C! I under dressed DS so had to put a blanket over in the middle of the night last night. Tonight, I dressed him long fleece shirt and suit. It isn't too cold yet so I didn't want to put the LTD suit on. He was waving his arms all over and just wouldn't calm down. Gave in, put the lite version on and he was ok to settle to bed. He won't be able to use it after the startle reflex is gone. So wonder if we have to retrain.

The weather here has identity crisis. Lol. Back to 35+ from wed onward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure why they change. It just said to improve formula. Aptamil changed theirs last year too I think.

I guess if there are 4 babies to care for she can't give all her attention to DS.

Geez Perth weather sounds like Melbourne. All over the place.

Maybe put LTD on every night then? Even if it's just the light one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've lost my touch. DD will only catnap during the day. She doesn't want as much top up. But I'm not sure if she gets more BM I can only assume so. Still have wet nappies but not always heavy.

In the last 2 days she will only catnap for 30 minutes then wake up. I will feed her every 2 hour-ish.

Night time she's still good though. Last night after a poo, feed and bath she slept from 6 to 1.30 then 2ish to 5.30 am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya the older babies are self content most o the time, though. The only problem is that he has a 8m old which her need will be the top priority. She has experience so I trust her. Her husband is also at home helping. DS fell asleep in the car seat on the way there only I had to wake him up.

I won't worry so much about the catnapping. This might just temporary since she has been doing well in the past. DS catnapping since 2w old! Your DD night schedule is pretty good given that she is less than 12w!

I am out to get something nice eat than the microwave food at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just went for a walk around the park and ds cried the whole way home. Sigh. Why can't he fall asleep himself in the pram!?? @Minib at mothers group do you need to rock her to sleep or does she fall asleep herself in the pram? Urgh I just want to be able to go out with him I feel under house arrest!!

Don't worry @Minib we all have those days. Did you go out today? Sometimes that helps tho for me it just stresses me out cos ds just cries when j put him in the car seat. How do you put dd in the car seat? Up top then slide down or straight into the seated area?

that's great she sleeps so well at night. Oh no the dreaded catnapping. What is with that? Just when I thot ds was doing he changed again. He somehow doesn't what to go to sleep. After 1.5 hrs I see yawns Soi put him down he tries to sleep but doesn't want to. He keeps smiling and wriggling. Ended up bringing him back to play and he stayed up for almost 3 hrs. I then put him down without feeding and no fuss and slept 1 hr. I dunno go figure!

Hadn't slept thru the night last 2 days as well but also doing less catnaps. I dunno. Everyone says routine but I just can't keep up with him he's changing too often. He also has a late bedtime. Normally between 9-10pm.

Great job on the pumping. Doing great! Def will help with constipation.

@bbhope is ds more difficult after child care? If not just let them do their own thing. And you go home to get some rest. 2 nights down

Thanks
    Reviews
    A quick question - where do you store your steriliSed bottles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I have the same worry for ds. Will only settle in sleeping bag. Fussed when j even used a different sleeping bag (ltd) worried that he won't be able to sleep without it. Oh well slowly transition I suppose. Once he doesn't have startle reflex anymore. I'm going to try ltd one again during the day. Feel like it's such a waste if he doesn't use it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: your DS and mine can be good buddy. DS also cries in the pram if he is tired! He only fell asleep in the pram once. DH got upset a few times saying why our baby doesn't behave like the other babies who love moving pram. I only walk around the block with him in pram. I don't even dare to bring him to the nearby shopping mall which is only 5 mins drive away.

ya, good idea asking about how to put bub into the car seat. DS also makes a big fuss when i put him in there. To be honest, it is quite snuggle fit, especiall the head rest. I would be uncomfortable too. I guess it is for the safety. Luckily, he quiet it down after the car starts to move. However, he will make a big fuss if he doesn't fall asleep or wake up from it!

My DS is also changing all the time. The textbook eat, play, nap certainly doesn't apply to him. Ya, i don't fore DS to nap anymore. Sometime he can be up for 3 hrs and then only a small fuss then falls asleep. The eveving one is difficult because he will be making a huge fuss.

OK, i can see what the carer is doing. She is doing feed to sleep and she probably does the feed to all babies on a set time. Less than 3 hrs. Honestly, i don't know how she manages to get DS to eat before nap. His sleep comes before food. He sometime skips meal and chooses nap if he is extremely tired. Just like now!! His last feed was 12:30pm so i wanted to give him a bottle at 3pm so he can eat the last meal at 6:30pm. Ideally, i would like to feed him >3hrs but i don't want to put DS for nap without the bottle given the circumstance. i want him to sleep longer (with me helping to transit into next sleep cycle if possible. Guess what? Just as i expected, he didn't want to eat because he was tired and wanted to nap. That means that he will get super hungry before 6:30pm. Completely messed up the schedule. Oh well...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you can keep the sterilised bottles up to 6 hrs in the steriliser if you don't open the lid. For us, we pour boiled water (cooled a bit) into the bottle straight away, put the lid and store it in the fridge. When DS is ready for feed, i just pour boiled water into it. We know the exact cold and hot ratio to make a warm bottle. My mom gave us an instant hot water boiler -- not the one that's pre-boiled and stored in the tank. I won't use those because the pre-boiled and stored in the tank boiler can host bacteria. You can't find the one we have here in australia, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ltd has pretty good resell value. I bought the extra two used for $20 each.