Closed Thread
Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha @Gelati don't forget the postage too! It will be like $100 in the end. I'm really tempted to just print photos and write on the back of it lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib if it still hurts tmr I may get ultrasound. Argh I hate lumps!

Yeh true I think I might just print photos and write in the back too. Or just buy gneneric ones? I don't keep any either. But it does feel cheap tho doesn't it.

Oh nice your daughter is such a good sleeper. So jealous. After a terrible day yesterday ds has been quite good today. Did a 2.5 hr sleep and only 1 catnap. Only 5 feeds so far but he just took 190ml 😳😳 very hungry! I'm wondering whether he'll wake for another feed today. If not he's unlikely to sleep through. Although once he slept from 9pm - 7am. So I can't tell you about routine. I've not been able to get him into one. *sigh*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckily, i don't need many thank you card. I ordered the new year card at the same time as well (super late). Generic card is quite expensive as well. Most of mine were mailed oversea. Postage is even more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's your lump @Gelati?

Even generic card it's quite exxy. I have heaps to send. About 50-60 I think.

Did he sleep through @Gelati?

It's Friday again! So happy! But I don't get to sleep in tomorrow. DH has something on in the morning. At least I can rest tonight as DH can feed her.

Last night I crashed! Went to bed at 10 pm and only woke up once to feed and pump. Too tired to pump more. And I woke up at 7 am when dd woke up. I got 2 x 4 hours block. Feel so much better today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not so looking forward when dh leaves town on sat night.
    @Minib: I can't give you any advice about wake time. We try to keep it at 7pm, determined by the feed. As i mentioned earlier, just when we thought we have seen a pattern, everything is a mess again. DS has been waking up at 4am lately. Initially, i fed him assuming the formula didn't last him long. In recent day, we notice that it has nothing to do with the formula but his sleep cycle. After 4am, he behaves like during the day, refuses to sleep in his cot. Few weeks ago, we just thought that it was the sun doing the trick but sunrise is getting later each day now. So nothing to do with the sun!

I am glad that DH is quite persistent. He would try to put him back to sleep. No feeding. The last resort is back on his chest rocking. I normally just feed him if he is awake at 4am! Obviously, he still won't sleep long with the feed. Yes, i don't like the rocking part but it does keep DS asleep until 7am when i wake up. I swap over with DH at 5am but recently has been 4:30am because DS is up. Anyway, it looks like sleep will always be our problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh @bbhope is he going away for a week? Hang in there and cope as best as you can. When you need to talk or vent we are here. Wish we could help you more.

Could it be 4 month sleep regression? I think he's around 4 months now? I remember he's around 9-10 weeks older than my dd.

Just do what you have to so all of you can get some sleep. If need to rock then do it i reckon. You can slowly wean him off it again if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - that's so good. Sometimes rest is more important than pumping. Ds did sleep through but I got up twice to pump and then again to feed him so I only got broken sleep. Tried to massage out lump which j think is better but now I got a huge one in the other boob. I've booked in ultrasound tmr in case it's not better. Just did more massage in the shower and lots of squirts. I think it's softened now. But my original side with the soreness still hurts. But I can't feel a lump so not sure what to massage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - I'd be worried about dh going away for a week as well even without sleep problems. You are much stronger than me. I feel like such a weakling cos during the day even if all is good I still like mum coming over for 2-3 hrs. Gives me a break from ds and I can cook or have a shower. Today was good as it gave me a chance to massage out lumps. I managed to vacuum yesterday and mop today. You are putting ds in care right? At least you will have a break during the day. Try to catch up on sleep if you can and then eat well. Sleep is always priority! I am wishing you lots of luck! We are here for you but I know that's not really much when it's a week alone with a non sleeping baby.

Good on dh for being so patient with him. Just do whatever you can darl. Anything to survive the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati you aren't weak! There's nothing wrong wanting your mum to help for 2-3 hours. Even if she does nothing there, it's nice having another adult to talk to. I ring mum a couple times daily just to have a quick chat. I'm going to start Pilate next week so Mum will come once a week to mind Bub. She will stay for 2-3 hours so we can chat and have a cuppa together. Some days I wish there's another person at home so I could have shower without rushing. We have a couple of night outs next month - birthday party and wedding so mum will babysit for us. I'm not nervous about how mum goes with dd. mum has her own way and she's very patient but I'm more nervous about me not seeing dd. wonder if I will enjoy going out without her.

Maybe go do the ultrasound tomorrow anyway. Not worth the risk even if you can't feel the lump. Have you tried the dangling method of BF? Not comfortable but efficient!
    @bbhope I agree sleep is priority. I feel better if I have enough sleep. Today I did nothing even though dd was a good baby. I was tired and didn't feel like doing chores. I basically slept, rested, watched TV and had a cuppa. That's it. Oh I called mum for a chat.

I hope the week goes fast for you. DH is away for 4 days - boys trip just after Easter. DD will be 15 weeks then. Hope I survive! But mum has offered to stay with me if I want to. Think I'll take up the offer even for a night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - that's great you got a chance to put your feet up. I do all my chores on days I feel up for it cos I never know when I'll have a bad day or a Im too tired day. Yeh I suppose just having the company is nice. Feels isolating being at home with ds all day. I had a friend visit today and then mum came so that was really nice to break up the day. I think if I didn't have mum is just try to go out more even if it's just for a walk just to keep my sanity.

Oh you're nice letting dh go on a boys trip! Haha I don't know if I'd like that! But def take up your mums offer that would be really nice.

Yeh I will see how it feels tmr. What's the dangling method?