Closed Thread
Page 69 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am ready to go back to work. Projects all on hold at the moment. I need to catch up and hoping to get onto the big project so I have a contract later down the track. I am quite behind with work ATM. Jut part time until mid June. Will start formal child care part time first and then full time.

We do both room temperature and warm. Out and about, room temperature.
    @Gelati: yes DS has the problem to suck his fist with LTD. so dummy it is. We thought about going back to ergo cacoon so DS can use his thumb to self soothe. We didn't because his startle reflex is still bothering him. He loves LTD. always giggles when we put him in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think my milk supply dropped in the last 2 days. Must be too tired. Will sleep more tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib I have no idea about what day it is either. Only know it's Australia Day when dh tells me and we are off to in laws for bbq. Hope ds is good for mumma!

Oh I meant I got one day a week starting in February probably after his 4 mth jabs.

Tried ltd swaddle again today and he didn't mind it. I like it cos it's very soft and thin. Out in a dummy in the end and he fell asleep. He's sick of his old dummy not really working anymore as he's sucking outsider the plastic bit with his whole mouth even tho it's meant to go up to 6 months so I bought a closer to nature one and seems to like it. He seems to like new things and goes to sleep with them. Sigh. Hasnt self soothed during the day other than his first nap after his long sleep. He's different everyday!! I don't know what will make him self soothe anymore. Try when he's not too tired or more tired etc. nothing. Then out of nowhere he'll self soothe. That boy I tells ya!! Luckily he's self soothing at night again...well he's sleeping throug so that's a moot point but if he wasn't usually he self soothed the early morning one.

@bbhope - how is ds today? Can't believe you're going back to work so soon. You're a real tough one!

@Minkb I was hoping to go back in July and probably part time. See if I can do one day from home too. Not sure if they'll let me tho. How about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: It isn't too bad with DS today. Well, DH is at home so it makes a huge difference. I dont know when DS is going back to his 6--7 hrs stretch night sleep. I don't think it is due to the new formula that doesn't keep him full enough. We have experimented with a larger amount of formula and giving him an hour later than usual but he still wakes up around midnight in the last few days. That means i only get ~2 hrs for the first half of the night if i go to bed at 9pm. He starts his hunger cue at 11pm. I also moved out to the spare bedroom last night. It helped a bit when i finally decided to put the ear plugs in and stopped checking him when he was grunting for passing the gas. Honestly, so sad to see but there is nothing i can do to help his digestive system!

Certainly is sleep regression.......sigh...just when you thought he was finally sleeping a long stretch. He couldn't transit to the next sleep cycle after 1 hr. Something we noticed in the last few nights. He was OK afterward. Strange. I just went back in to put his pacifier back in. He would self-soothe with it. With LTD, he can't use his thumb (unfortunately). He is 100% self soothe with the dummy at night. No complain. Day nap is still a nightmare.

We are bringing DS to the beach. Just for a quick trip. We will see how he likes it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sad that DH has to work again tomorrow. The long weekend has been so nice with him at home. I have received so much help I wouldn't know what to do tomorrow. Lucky only 3 days before the weekend

Today I've had a productive day as in have looked into schools. Emailed a few to organise a tour and have put reminder for open day. Have also looked into 2 more childcare and i think we will be able to decide after inspecting 6 cc.

Your DS is funny. Keep changing but I think babies do that! That's good that he likes the new closer to nature dummy. I just realised dd is about to go through the her second leap. It's basically anytime now and we don't have dummy to soothe her. Eeks. I'm nervous. I've also realised she really doesn't rate the pat shush. She escalates her cries when we pat her. It's like she's annoyed we are there yet don't pick her up. As soon as we pick her she calms down. Cheeky girl!

I was planning to go back to work in August but I think maybe September now. I am not ready to leave her yet. But maybe by August I'm ready for part time. How many days are you going back for? I'm def asking to work from home one day a week. It should be ok. I just need to make sure I don't organise meetings that day and get through other work instead.
    @bbhope whilst it's really sad to see him in pain there isn't much you can do so in a way I'm glad you move out of the room and tried to get more sleep. He needs you energised and not too tired.

How was the trip to the beach?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am using NUK dummy. @Gelati he doesn't like the cherry pop type. Too long for him. Doesn't fit.

I guess I am the only crazy lady who wants a break from DS. I am much looking forward going back to work. I was expecting to do basic work after 3 months but with DS not napping, it is impossible. Going back Half time except that one week for full time. Looking into flying for work in April but planning to take DS along to visit grandparents. Well. If his colic issue isn't solved, no way bringing him!

I only put down to one CC. It is mainly for staff members but no guarantee and quite a long wait list. I don't know what to do if we don't get in. They only move babies up to one age group at the beginning of the year so not sure what our luck is going in at mid year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm getting blocked duct again
    @bbhope you aren't a crazy lady. After a tough 3 months I think I will be keen to work as well.

If the cc is just for staff you might have more chance. Our work has cc services too but the waiting list is ridiculous. Plus I don't want her in the cbd. Prefer closer to home in case she's sick etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sucks @Minib!!

I am not sure if it is for staff only. The waiting list is long. We put our name down when i was 5 months pregnant. I actually prefer DS to be closer to work than home. Home is 45 mins with public transport. If he is sick I can pick him near work straight away. If we don't get in, we might have to choose one in the cbd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You girls are lucky to have cc offered by work. But yeh I don't want it in the cbd either. Suburbs are easier for me. I put my name down for all the ones close to me as I don't really have a choice. Cc is so competitive.

Bbhope I'm also looking forward to some time away from ds. As much as I love him I need to also do other things.

Don't worry @Minib just massage it out. I get blocked ducts all the time. If you catch it early they generally go away

Ds hasn't pooped in 48 hrs this isn't normal for him so it must be constipation right? He doesn't seem unhappy but he does farts and puts a lot of effort into them like he's doing a poo but no poo only fart comes out. He doesn't cry but puts energy into it. Is he in pain?? I really want him to poop! He's got lots of wet nappies so can't be dehydrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How was the beach @bbhope?