Closed Thread
Page 67 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a feeding log.
    @Minib: i don't think your DD is colic. Colic baby will be crying all hours! Like my DS. He was a miserable baby. Mostly inconsolable crying. Once DS was 3 months old, his crying reduced significantly only the witching hour in the evening these days. That's because he doesn't nap enough during the day and just overtired by then. He can have one off day like yesterday, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today she woke up at 7 am. Fed her. She slept from 8.30 to just before 11 am

Fed her at 11. She slept from 12 to 2.30 pm

Fed her at 2.30 pm. Slept from 3.45 to 4.45 pm

Fed her at 4.45. She was falling asleep at 5.30ish but decided she is still hungry which I agree as she didn't finish her milk. So I fed her again just after 6. Slept at just before 7 and now awake crying after one sleep cycle. DH is giving her a bottle which she is taking. Now hoping she has the long stretch of sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think she has a tummyache tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @Minib. I wish i can have that kind of schedule with DS. Getting him to nap is impossible. I didn't like DH rocking him to nap (on him) at all while at home because i really try to break this sleeping on us habit. I stopped questioning him because this is his way of getting DS to nap. If i want to do it a different way, he will just have me do it. Then, i won't have any off time during weekend. Grr........

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean @bbhope I don't like when others rock her to sleep. DH doesn't do that anymore. He holds her longer to a more drowsy state where as she's always awake when I put her down. She just cracked if big time. And she doesn't rate the pat pat at all. The only way to calm her down is pick her up. But she will calm pretty quickly once she hears our voice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib your daughter is a great sleeper during the day. Even if my son does 1.5 hrs I'm like wow! When he does 2 I don't even know what to do with myself! How is she at night?

I try not to rock ds to sleep but I just had to then as he was inconsolable through just rocking. He's normally grumpy by night time. He slept 1 hr stretches today and was a completely different baby. So much happier and pretty much self soothed each time with sometimes just a little rock. Hope he has a good night as it's just me tonight as work day time for hubby. It's so crappy doing it alone.

I do all the soothed now as I like it done my way. My mum can do them too if she's over but I don't let hubby do it as I don't want him rocked to sleep. Unfortunately that's the trade off. I'm the only one who can do it. But I really want him to self soothe so I stick it out as I know I'll be better off in the long run. Also I'm not too tired. If I were tired of let hubby do it. Sleep always comes first if I'm exhausted or over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, if I don't want DS to be rocked to nap and on us, I have to do it. I just can't given that I am 5 days a week with DS. I need a break so I let DH be. He thinks DS needs some physical contact time. Otherwise, there isn't much opportunity. Ok. Fine. DH always soothes him to bed in the evening in his cot. Tonight, DS was too active and no intention to sleep. DH gave up and walked out. I went him Few minutes later and DS self soothed and fell asleep. This is the second time in a week. I told DH that he never gives him a chance! Obviously he can if he is tired enough. He always does at night feed anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic @bbhope that ds is learning to self soothe. Good job! Persistence pays off .

Does that mean tummy troubles are better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. He is screaming all morning for passing gas. Normally he has trouble overnight because lying flat. Textbook says 3--4 months to see improvement with digestive colic....in reality, it is more like 6 months from others experience.

Aptamil is very good. I highly recommend them. First, they helped me to locate formula. Now, they are sending me a tin thickener to try it out to help with his reflux. Honestly, we feel like his symptoms have gotten worse ever since the switch. It might also just be transitional period. Grrr...it has been a week since the switch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great customer service @bbhope! Really hope the thickener makes a difference. Ds is feeling a little crappy today too I think. I think he needs to pass a big poo! No proper poo for 24 hrs. Just little ones.