Closed Thread
Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep @Gelati 30 mins for DD too. We are all tired. Fingers crossed she stays asleep. She's sleeping now. I'm going to pump at 10 then off to bed until she wakes me up which I'm hoping around midnight.

Don't worry about pumping if your DS feeds so often. I didn't pump at all today. Will do overnight as I bottle feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh god so you've pretty much had the same day as me @Minib. I'm putting it down to him getting used to a new scenery. He only had 40ml won't go down so I'm going to try feed him some express and see. I've only pumped 180ml today. Might try to pump again before bed. Who knows how long he'll stay down for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pumped 3 times last night so she didn't have any formula until 6 pm tonight. I don't mind as I'm hoping it will keep her full longer and sleep longer.

I don't know why she's so unsettled. She just wants to be held. Loves it when DH or I hold her. She rested her head on our shoulder and close her eyes. Gosh so cute but I don't want her to sleep on us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow 3 times how are you getting any sleep? I'm going to pump quickly now and then maybe a quick one in the morning if he does a long sleep. I just hope I get at least 5 hrs tonight to last me through theme. I'm such a weakling! So do you find dd sleeps better in only breastmilk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get an hour maybe 1.5 hours sleep in between. Some nights I couldn't wake up and only pump once or twice. I don't pump after 4.30 am. Trying to keep the milk for her in the morning instead for BF.

DD sleeps better with formula. Longer sleep. That's why I offer more BM during the day to make up for the lack of if at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plus heating up BM at night Isn't fun. During the day I will give her one boob. Then heat up EBM and offer another boob in the meantime. Once done give EBM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should clarify 3 times pumping is at 10.30, 1.30 and 3.30. She will feed around 11-12, 2.30-3.30, then morning feed. I'm always very tired in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: not hiring a cleaner just yet. We just put stuff away and i just tell the "robot" to vacuum the floor. LOL. DH takes care of DS on weekend so i can just put the laundry in. No biggie. DS has been so unsettled today so DH is pretty upset at him as well.
    @Gelati: oh....yes, DS cried when we sneezed! Ridiculous. haha...He got upset and cried when i was on the phone too. DH just thinks that he was probably surprised hearing voices but didn't see anyone. To be honest, i don't know if bringing him out more often would change anything. My mom used to put him in the living room at the old apartment during the day so he could get used to the noise. It turns out that he is a hyper sensitive baby. Overstim is one of the possible sources of his colicness . This is different than the digestive colic but it shows the same symptom. The only solution to that is to bring him out less.

Also, to bring him out requires him to be well behave first. He can't even stay calm and not fuss in his pram when we went out for an evening walk. The 1hr woollies trip was too long for him too! Anyway, we will slowly experiment a few short trips and see how that goes.

Speaking of sleep, i suspect DS is on sleep regression ATM. Ya, just when you thought everything is finally working. 1 night feed and then 6--7 hrs stretch. I don't think it is the new formula because his biological clock gets him up at around the same time in the last 3 nights in a roll despite me feeding him more formula in the evening. This adds up to 3 hrs per wake. We are back to 10w old schedule again.

Anyhow, DH told me that there is no benefit to drag on his feed until 2am because he will wake up at 4am anyway. DS woke up at 11pm and i tried really hard to resettle him until 12:45pm and he woke up at 2am for the feed last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow you are hardcore @Minib. Does that mean you sleep during the day? I'd be so tired if I were you. How is your supply going now? Are you pumping more gradually? I feel like my supply has dropped in the last 2 days since I've stopped pumping at night cos I never know when ds is going to wake up so I'm scared I'll pump and then there'll be nothing left if he suddenly wakes up. I want him to exclusively breastfeed the first 2 feeds and have heaps of milk. Then exclusive expressed milk last bottle of the day and mixed during the day. Well this morning j hadn't expressed for 8 hrs and they weren't mega full or hurting. Oh well I've done the best I can he's just gone past 3 months so I need to stress less about breastfeeding now. If I can mix feed until 4 months I'll be happy. 6 months would be ideal but I don't think I'll make it.

@bbhope oh sleep regression. Just what you needed!! Poor you. I'm not looking forward to 4 month sleep regression but more so 6 month teething. Eek!! I took ds out yesterday to buy lunch. Like you can't take for long periods so I just took him to buy lunch. He cried in the car a little but oh well. Just gotta get over him crying. Babies cry. Next is grocery shop. Will try to work myself up to that. I am cooking dinner for the first time tmr night. I've done all the prep work today. Making a creamy pasta bake.

It's hard getting ds to do tummy time now cos he keeps rolling back. But he can't roll the other way cos he's neck isn't strong enough do still needs tummy time. The dilemma! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yep unfortunately experimenting is the only way. Hope you can get the feeding schedule sorted tho. So you can get some sleep. When are you starting back at work?