Closed Thread
Page 64 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @bbhope cuddly as sleeping aid / comforter is fine. Just get a few spares. I'm trying to introduce a teddy as well but she doesn't associate it to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib aw that's fantastic. At least you won't feel house bound. Has she gone to sleep now. They are just so variable aren't they? Hope you get her down after the next feed

@bbhope did mhn check his neck at 3 month visit. I had mine today and she pulled him up from lying position using his arms only and she said he still has a bit of a sling back with the head which by 3 months should be gone but when she looked at tummy time she said his neck looks ok and then cos his head is 98th percentile she said that's probably why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No...we are skipping the appointment until he is getting his vax at 4.5 month time. Doing two appointments at once so dh doesn't have to take 2 days off. DS neck still cannot hold up when you lift his arms up. i read the what to expect book. Only half of the babies can do that between 3--4 months. I hope he catches up not that it helps that we are reducing his tummy time due to vomiting. Oh...DS head is BIG too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She did fall asleep after the next feed. So fingers crossed she has a long stretch of sleep. I just finished pumping so will sleep as well.

I am seeing MHN in a week. They don't check neck until 3 months right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I can't believe you could get 7 letdown in one feeding. Wow!! I'll be lucky to get 2. Bub is now getting so impatient if the letdown is too far apart and pull herself away. How was your first night at home?
    @bbhope could a friend stay with you when DH is away? Is he still vomiting during tummy time?

As for us I need to stop buying things for her. She's only 7 weeks and have a big wardrobe already! Bigger than mine. I need help! Online shopping is way too easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - our bub is the same. Likes it quiet and doesn't like too much stimulation. When i'm breastfeeding him and i talk he gets annoyed. I sneezed today and he started crying while he was on the breast. Very sensitive. I'm wondering if i had gone out a bit more like minib he would have been less sensitive. Feel like maybe i could have desensitised him a bit? But yes now he is quite sensitive. I'm going to try go out more even if it's just for half an hour to the shops. Slowly get him and myself used to going out.
    @Minib - Yeh that was a good day. Today not so much he's been lazy. The most i got was 5 let downs. I think i'll express for the rest of the day cos i can feel him getting restless about it. Coming home was pretty good actually. He self soothed both times last night. I think he knows his bassinet. Now i'm worrying about transitioning to the cot. Slept 6 hr then 3 hr which isn't bad given how much he slept yesterday. Catnapping ever since the 3 hr tho. Just put him down so see how he goes. I couldn't sleep very well last night for some reason. So annoyed. then thot i'd try sleep this morning cos sometimes he sleeps well on his first sleep in the morning but nope. 40 min and he was up. I think he didn't get enough breastmilk.

how did you go last night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: no, i can't get any friend to come over because they are all colleague's wife and all my colleagues are going to the same place as DH. They will be by themselves with the kid too. Their kid is older. though. Not that i have many friends here. I didn't have any good candidate for the babysitter. Expensive with no qualification. One of them was willing to negotiate but in the end didn't like my price and didn't reply when i re-negotiate. Quite rude given that i apologized for low ball the rate. So family day care is the best solution knowing that someone has qualification and i can get govt rebate. I don't like the idea of sending him there because he is likely not going to get much attention and he wants it! I also hired a babysitter in 3 weeks time when both DH and I have to be at work at the same time for that particular week. We don't have a choice for that one so just have to pay up for full time 8hr x 5 days. Yes, it is going to break the bank.

DS has been extremely fussy today. Inconsolable crying or is it his stomach? Most likely his stomach because he is passing gas whenever he drinks. Now, he confuses hunger with passing gas?! He hasn't been like that for a very long time. I am so over with this digestive colic. Every book says 3--4 months but it just doesn't seem to end. It has been a week since we switched formula. I thought his stomach would have adjusted by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh poor you @bbhope and poor Bub. I hope everything gets better soon with this new formula. What's the longest Bub sleeps for now? How much formula do you give him per day?

Bub has been terrible today. 30 min each sleep. So far 6 feeds already. I can't get him back down without a feed so I just modify the volume. I'm so tired from soothing him back down. He self soothed one when I used a vacuum cleaner and dummy with the others and the last one I was too tired so just held him to sleep. I hope he does 1.5 hrs this time. But j can just see another 30min. I don't know how you do it bbhope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Must be something in the air. My dd has been unsettled today as well.

Last night she went to sleep after fighting it for an hour. But after that she slept for 5 hours before wanting a feed then followed by another 4 hour sleep.

This arvo though so unsettled. And lucky DH is home cos im so tired. 4 days no dummy now.

She has also have 6 feeds now and normally only have 6 feeds a day. I didn't adjust the intake though I figure she would stop when she's done. She did a couple of times.
    @Gelati they do love the vacuum don't they lol. Mine loves it too and the fan. But I also love the fan. One winter I still put the fan on almost daily because I love the soothing sound haha. How did you go today with expressing?
    @bbhope you have had so many challenges with this colic issue. Seriously I don't blame you for being over it. I just don't know how you do it. I take my hat off to you. Do you think having a nanny even though expensive could give you a much needed break and some sanity. Have you got yourself a cleaner yet? Please don't clean the house and just rest when you can.

I'm nowhere as busy as you @bbhope and sometimes I wish I could sleep more and not worry about cleaning. It does my head in when the house isn't clean or tidy but lately I'm just a bit over cleaning haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib it must be something in the air. Does that mean dd has slept 30min slots too? I'm over it as well I just hope he sleeps tonight. It's been exhausting! Without my mum helping I haven't been able to express as much esp as ds is feeding so much I'm spending all my time with him.