Closed Thread
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @Gelati: normally, you mix the formula for a few days as a transition period. I wish we have known that the last time we switched! We only knew about it afterward. DH had diarrhoe and tummy pain for days. Well, not that his stomach wasn't messed up back then. Because it is a switch between normal formula to HA, it doesn't make sense to mix from what i read. Pead also said go straight for the change.
    How do you mix it? My Bub has nan comfort for 2 days in the hospital. Then Bellamy organic for about a week and have been on nan gold ha for 4 weeks roughly. I didn't know not to switch formula just like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: babies tend to act up after vax.
    @Gelati: oh...forgot to answer. DS vomited everytime he did the tummy time (even an hr later)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yeah she was super tired for 2 days after the vax. Today she seems ok. Resist more for the morning nap lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: 1st day 3/4 old formula, 1/4 new formula; 2nd day 1/2 each, 3rd day 1/4 old 3/4 new.....did she have diarrhea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am ditching the dummy girls. It's been 24 hours so far. Have had a few rough sleeps. Or lack of sleep more crying. But this could be a good thing to teach her how to self settle. I hope she gets used to it in a few days. Pretty tough hearing her cry

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: brave. Hope she gets used to that soon.

While yesterday was nearly perfect, today is horrible. DS didn't want to nap so he was extremely grumpy in the evening. He made a huge fuss with the bottle. Big cried. We gave up, skipped the bath, put him to bed. Then, he became wide awake!? Kicking and fussing. DH gave up soothing him and let him fuss. After a while, I went in, pressed his legs down, put in the dummy, pat his forehead to nose couple times and he seemed to have calmed down. I walked out. Once I done cooking my soup, I went back in, he fell asleep. Dummy is out. He always spits it out if he doesn't want it or done with sucking.

With this new formula which doesn't keep him full enough, the whole feeding schedule is messed up. Have to second guess if he is real hungry or wants to feed to sleep or reflux. A constant learning curve. Issue never ends. We are considering to add thickener mainly to stop the reflux and vomiting given that this formula is so watery. He can't do tummy time because of it.

Anyway, hope he sleeps longer the first half of the night so I get a good 3 hrs stretch. After night feed, he is unsettled due to wind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - Good on you for trying to ditch the dummy! Good luck how did you go today? We are still using dummy to soothe ds now. We put it in at the very end when he's calm and he falls asleep straight away. Then I take it right out. It's almost like having it helps him close his eyes. Forehead rub didn't work. He's such a fuss pot. Difference now is when you hold him upright he doesn't cry anymore. It's very new to me as ds used to cry before sleep even if he was held. This is quite nice. In fact t was probably good he cried at the beginning cos if he fell asleep in my arms like that without crying from the beginning id probably hold him forever. It's so lovely just holding him. Now he's getting a bit heavy so I can't do it so I suppose it's forcing me to get him to self soothe.

@bbhope - oh hope you have a better day today and night. The good thing is you never know when you'll have a good day. They aren't consistently bad. Ds was terrible yesterday afternoon. Cried on the boob, in the bottle and slept 30min at a time only. Then last night he did a 10 hr sleep straight and this morning been feeding so well. 7 let downs each time and so much he spat a little milk up. Probably won't last to tonight tho. I'm going home tonight. Bet you he'll play up!

That sux about him vomiting so can't do tummy time. Poor thing. I have a problem too in that if I do tummy time too fast after a feed he spits up but if I wait too long he's too tired. Sigh. Ds has rolled from tummy to back now and today he is trying so hard to roll from his back onto his tummy. It's crazy came out of nowhere. So hard to change his nappy now. He's always trying to turn but head is too big / heavy! Lol. Nurse said 98th percentile
    Last edited by Gelati; 22-01-2016 at 14:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: can we swap baby? 10 hrs!? A dream......just when i thought he dropped to 1 night feed, he is back to 2 again. I am not sure if it is the new formula that doesn't keep him full long enough or sleep regression. He started his hungry cue at 11pm and went on until 12:30am (at his late stage). I tend to pick him up before going into a full cry. Fed him but he made a huge fuss. Big cry. He didn't finish the bottle. I was confused. No dirty nappy either. Then, the min i put him down, he fell asleep! And then at 4am, he woke up crying. I am not sure when he started his hungry cue this time since i decided to sleep in the living room to get some rest. Must be 3am ish. I tried to soothe him back to sleep but no luck. He wouldn't stop crying so i was sure that he was hungry. I was furious and told him off a couple times! Really? First didn't want to eat and now screaming hungry at 4am. By 5am, he was giggling and did't want to go back to sleep. I woke DH up and he managed to get him to sleep for another 2x 1hr interval. So the long stretch for the first half of the night isnt there anymore. Because i fed him at 4am, he wasn't hungry this morning until 9:30am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS: he hasn't learned any new skill so he can't be extra fussy due to mental development. In fact, we found him developing a lot from 3 months on and lasted about a week. Then, no new skill. He is two weeks older than your DS but seems two weeks behind in term of development. I am sure that it has something to do with him not getting sleep to process info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - if it's not development it must be him getting used to the new formula then? You must be tired today....poor thing. It'll take time for you to get used to the him on the new formula too but fingers crossed that it will be worth it in the end. Is DS still vomiting? Sounds like you are kicking goals with ds self soothing at lease one or two times a day? even if it is with a dummy he's still falling asleep himself which is def a win. DS has stopped self soothing other than if he wakes up in the middle of the night, we feed and then he can usually go down without soothe. Otherwise we have to hold and cuddle but at least he doesn't cry anymore.

The routine changes all the time. With DS he woke up once per night then he slept through, then i got sick and he was waking up 2-3 times per night and then down to once per night, then slept through and then back to once per night. Then for 2 weeks did 6 hr stretches but you never knew when. Sometimes it would be from 4am - 10am!! So honestly they are always changing. I just had a good night last night but tonight could be a whole different story again. Though i realise i can't compare to you, you have definitely had it tough. You are a strong woman that's for sure. I would have broken down a long time ago.

Don't worry every baby is different and will develop in his won time. Plus your little guy has had more to deal with (reflux, potential allergy etc) so naturally he will have less energy for other things such as development. He will catch up quickly once tummy problems are sorted. They learn quickly when they have the time. When do you get the results from the allergy test?