Closed Thread
Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Minib: ya, the forehead to nose trick. It works everytime. Funny. I also didn't use the LTD swaddle until DS was about 5.5kg. He didn't like his arms up at the beginning so i actually felt like a waste of money for not getting to use it at all. We were using the ergo cacoon porch a lot more back then (with arms out because he didn't like to be swaddled). We started using the LTD when he shown sign of lifting arms up, it turns out to be the best investment ever. He loves it. He always giggles whenever we put it on him. We only let him wear it at night. I bought two more LTD second hand. No worries about the weight, DS still fits in. They can't use it after they know how to roll and the startle reflex is gone.

Babies normally get diarrhea when changing the formula. For reflux, no, It is an ongoing problem. I just notice it more because he woke up a few times screaming all of the sudden during nap and night. It hasn't happened for quite a long time. In fact, we thought his reflux is gone. The other lady who is using the same formula also has a similar problem with fullness. Who knows, coincident with DS going through growth spurt? Honestly, driving me nut that he is needing two feeds at night again. And the hunger cue starts an hr before he actually needs to wake up and eat. Very restless for me in the last few nights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib keep going it's all just trying and trying again. Ds only self soothed during the late night feed last night. During the day he needs to be held and then dummy once he's calm and that puts him to sleep. What's the nose to forehead thing? I might try it. Give anything a go!

@bbhope poor bubba. How often does he vomit? That's crap that the new formula isn't working. I guess you just try another one? Trial and error. So nan comfort worked better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope any reason why you only let DS wear the LTD swaddle at night? Do you swaddle him at all during the day?

Formula is such a hard thing to find the right one. I'm too scared to see is there is a better one out there for her ie to make her poo more regularly.
    @Gelati use one finger and rub your DS from forehead to nose and keep repeating. It should calm him down a bit. When my DH did that to me I found it very relaxing so we did that to DD.

Well. I celebrated too soon. I managed to pat and shush her for 10 mins without dummy she fell asleep for 10 minutes! Haha. Then woke up and cried hysterically. She was distressed! High pitch cry, red face, body shaking, almost losing her voice. After 10 mins of patting and shush I gave her dummy to calm her down. Once she calmed down before she fell asleep I pulled it out. And she's still asleep now 15 mins later. Fingers crossed she can last at least 45 minutes. This approach might be slower rather than cold turkey but it is a gentler approach I hope to teach her not be so dependant on the dummy. I don't know. It might take longer and upset her longer but I just need to try and see. If after a few days she still can't cope I need to go cold turkey. If I can convince DH about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - do you go all the way to the end of the nose or just the beginning? I will try but nothing calms him down when he's crying. Always have to pick him up. Today we managed to get him into the cot not crying and he kept wriggling around. Not crying but trying to get himself to sleep maybe but he just couldn't. As soon as we picked him up he was asleep. Just don't know why he can't get himself to sleep lately. I tried not to use the sleeping bag once and i put him down asleep and he woke up screaming after 5 min. I will try the one hand out approach and see how he goes. Need to get some gloves on him.

You're doing well. Just gotta keep persisting and eventually she may not need the dummy in while sleeping. They just need to get used to it. She's still very young so i think you are doing really well.

DS is fussy on the breastfeeding today again. And i have quite a bit of supply atm so it's def not that. Managed to express 110ml in 30min every 2-3 hrs. First feed this morning he fussed after 3 let downs and the second feed soon as i put him at the breast he started screaming bloody murder. He's such a fuss pot. Even if you talk while feeding him he starts fussing. Why be so sensitive for??

Is the LTD swaddle better because they can suck their thumb? my friend lent me one of hers but didn't make a difference with DS he still wriggles and writhes and screams. I think he hates being swaddled but now he's used to it that without the swaddle he wakes himself up? no idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati just the beginning. Yeah def try the one hand out approach. I've seen it work.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. While she's not even 7 weeks old it should be easier to break the habit. Fingers crossed she just fell asleep after crying for 10-15 mins without dummy. I pat and shush. Distress cry so I picked her up and cuddle her. She calmed down straight away. I put her down calm but awake and she fell asleep. She's pretty tired from the vaccination still so tomorrow could be a different story.

DH is letting me try to ditch dummy. So I am going to put the hard yard and let him sleep tonight.

Wow you have a lot of supply!! Just express and give it to him in a bottle? But he might get used to the bottle. Catch 22. I have a feeling my Bub is starting to prefer bottle a lot more.

Is your let down too fast or too slow for him? Is that why he scream? Mine starts to fuss around when it's empty or even slowing down. So after 1 let down she starts to get impatient. My letdown is too far apart so we don't often catch multiple letdown. Maybe one of each side that's it. Then top up 60ml EBM or formula. She seems to have enough milk. Paed said she's putting on weight and look healthy so he doesn't recommend me increasing the top up.

LTD swaddle they can't suck their thumb. They can bring it close to their face but it's covered in the swaddle so no sucking anyway. I saw my girl wriggling and fighting to get her arms out lol.

So today I might be having a good milk day too. I gave her 60ml formula so far and we only have 2-3 feeds to go and I will express once she sleeps.

When I tell mum about all these. She laughs sometimes and reminisce how bad I was as a baby too. Apparently I cried the house down when I'm hungry and I couldn't even wait for a minute. Think my girl is just like me. Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't use it during the day so he can stretch and grow. For nap, he is in the swing or bouncer which the arms will be down. No thumb sucking but DS still can put the fist in to soothe himself. I am still waiting for DS to consistently put the thumb in so he can self soothe better.

It takes a few weeks to see the result. So we will have to keep going with the formula. I don't think nan comfort is better. Anytime you change formula , it is pretty rough on baby tummy. It always comes with diarrhoea.

Today has been good. We completed the feed, play wake, nap schedule since DH left the house this morning. a lot of interruptions with the nap but I didn't pick DS up. As usual, he fusses before going down for a nap. Just when I am typing this and bouncing him at the same time, he is napping now. Will be a catnap but it's ok. We will have night sleep afterward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps: with LTD, he certainly can suck on the fist. I think that's the whole design.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think any wrap makes a difference to ds soothing. Will try again when I'm home see if I can get him to self soothe. His sleep was good today. Between 1-2 hrs each time. Makes such a huge difference to 30min - 45min. If only he was consistent.

@Minib maybe your supply is increasing? It doesn't settle up to 12 weeks so you still can increase your supply.

I def don't have too fast a let down but today he didn't even want to go on there. Bad day today. See what he's like tmr. Otherwise it'll be another day of expressing which is much more painful than feeding.

@bbhope can you slowly introduce ds onto the new formula? I'm scared of changing formula now. Although maybe if he's only taking 150-200ml a day may be ok. I'm so scared of making him worse. Makes me want to just stick with nan comfort!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: normally, you mix the formula for a few days as a transition period. I wish we have known that the last time we switched! We only knew about it afterward. DH had diarrhoe and tummy pain for days. Well, not that his stomach wasn't messed up back then. Because it is a switch between normal formula to HA, it doesn't make sense to mix from what i read. Pead also said go straight for the change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope it is probably also a good idea so she knows it's day and night? To not use ltd swaddle during the day.

If it takes a few weeks to see results then unfortunately you need to keep going for now. Hopefully it gets better for your son.

Tonight was good when I wrote my previous post then it was hell. She cried for 40 mins. I didn't give dummy. She cried. It was hell. My heart hurt seeing her cry so badly. At one point she looked like she almost choke but didn't of course. Her body shook and she looked so upset. After all that I didn't realise she could be hungry because it was 3 hours after the last feed. I fed and she has been sleeping for over 1.5 hours now. She's probably too tired from all the crying. I was so sad and cried myself when I realised my baby was hungry and I didn't even notice. Hard to notice as she wasn't hungry when she first cried but then 40 mins passed plus the first sleeping cycle. I just thought keep comforting. Sigh. Have learned to be more observant next time.
    @Gelati maybe. Wouldn't it be ironic if my supply increases now as I'm ready to stop anytime haha.

I also don't like expressing but at least I can pump out more milk for her.

Right boob is still dodgy. Can only pump 30ml max no matter how long or how full the boob is.