Closed Thread
Page 57 of 100 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - ok so my routine is similar to yours so I will try feed as soon as he's up but if it's early I just feed a bit less. Normally he feeds 20-40 ml less if it's 2 hrs since last feed.

Oh didn't know that about dummy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah if he takes less then that's ok. But I've been told to stick to the routine as they don't understand time yet only knows consistency and routine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati @bbhope @Minib

Don't ever apologise to me... I've just done a scan through what i've missed.. not much i can add hehe...

DH has been and gone back to work.. Im waiting for AF
    Lap booked for 29th... but im not sure about that if I dont get my P .. sigh...

We got great news last week, our lone ranger frosty came back NORMAL

So lap, and be best version of myself and aim for FEB/MAR transfer depending on what happens in the next week or so...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear about the frosty @Tanej78! What's your plan with DrM?
    @Minib and @Gelati: I do differently. While i like to stick to eat, wake (play), sleep routine, i can't. That's because Ds used to feed way too often < 3hrs. Overfed and not good for his tummy. When i phoned Ngala at 7w (peak of DS crying), they went through DS feeding, sleeping routine etc and advised me not to use feed to settle him. That's probably what's going on. They suggested me to try hard to settle him without a bottle. I tried really hard to stretch out the feed out to 3 hrs and now 4 hrs. Honestly, it does work out better for me so we are sure that he is ready for a full bottle to go to bed in the evening. Of course, sometime if the schedule is off, we adjust the intake on the day feed but still make sure he gets his equivalent full bottle at about the same time in the evening.

Since Ds can't nap long, the feed, play and sleep routine doesn't really work out. If i want to keep this routine, I will be feeding him over and over again and i am back to a chaotic schedule. Baby tends to go with their biological clock with the feeding as i was told. I experimented that few times. It doesn't matter if i gave him 120ml or 150ml in the evening, he always wakes up at around the same time. He stretches the night feed time longer when he could sleep a longer stretch. I don't wake him up for feed because the longer the sleep cycle he gets, the restful it is. That says go with whatever works for you.
    @Gelati: if DS wakes up after 30mins nap, i will try to get him back to nap more. If he isn't, I take him up for more play or just let him sit in the swing alone, which he might fall asleep by himself again. Otherwise, play--nap repeat until the next feed time or he is hungry.

Well, the new formula aptamil HA doesn't seem to keep DS full for 4 hrs. He is already screaming at 2.5hr mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's excellent news about your frosty @Tanej78! Hope AF comes quickly then. Do you think dh will be home for the transfer this time?

@bbhope there is no way we can get ds down for a nap without a feed. Even if it's only been 2 hrs since the last feed. I'll just have to try and feed him less. That is the only way. I heard that if they don't vomite then you aren't over feeding them? Ds has never vomited since he was born. At most he has spat up a little milk before butnot since bottle feeding. Only when breastfeeding before I got sick and supply dropped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: I don't know.....you can do a tally and see if he is eating way too much. As i said, do whatever it works for your baby. Every baby is different. Both DH and I like to put DS on a feed schedule. It is just too exhausting to feed around the clock for us. We already started to complain with the every 3hrs feed now given that it takes forever to get dS to nap. With 3 hrs schedule, he ended up skipping a nap session quite often in the past.

OK, this is just bad. Apparently, the two tins of aptamil HA that i picked up yesterday expired?!? The one i opened just expired few days ago. The other one expired in Nov 2015. I am certainly bringing that one back to the pharmacy. I checked because the pharmacy called and told me that they have 1 tin at the back. When i went to pick it up, i noticed that it has expired and i didn't want it. The pharmacist said that there is no problem to use the opened one. Am i too picky given that there is a shortage? I am kinda regret choosing aptamil but there isn't really any other option.

Woollies near me are all ran out. I can order 6 tins at once from aptamil directly. What i am going to do with 6 tins if i might not use it down the track?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I wouldn't use expired tin. This formula shortage is terrible. I guess I haven't had to use formula much but now will need to buy in advance. Are there other woollies stores that may have some? Maybe dh could go get some for you even if it's a bit further away? I wonder why it doesn't fill ds? Maybe cos it's easier to digest?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I wouldn't use expired tin either. Take them back and just buy online for 6 tins. You should be able to resell them if you don't need it for any reasons.

I asked my paed today about frequency of feeding. He said if BF demand feeding is fine as it's hard to tell how much milk they get at one time. But for formula he said try to stick to the frequency give and take a bit. For example 4 hourly feed if Bub wakes up at 3.5 hours then feed. But if bub wakes up at 2 hours then put them back to sleep.

I asked him about way of weaning off dummy. He said no gentle way just get rid of it. They will cry.

DH and I have disagreement on how to settle Bub. I want Bub to learn on how to self settle by using CC or CIO. He said its way too young and we should just continue our way ie hold her longer until she's sleepy then put her down with a dummy. I don't mind this at all except now Bub cries when dummy falls out. So in a sleep cycle she could wake herself up 3-10 times. So tiring. Not so bad at night time more during day naps.
    @Tanej78 wow that's awesome news!!! I got pregnant in feb/mar cycle last year so fingers crossed you too. Will DH be back for the transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess there isn't any choice! I phoned all pharmacies around and no one has any stock. Woollies nearby also don't have it. I checked other woollies further away. Same. Apparently, this has been going on for a few months now. I really don't know how the pharmacy got on hold of old stocks. Seriously, new stock normally has 1--2 yr expiration date.

It depends on which formula you are planning to try. Bellamy seems to be back in stock regularly now. Nan never seems to have any problem. Aptamil normal ones seem to be fine as well. Just the specialty like HA and Allepro. Grr.......the reason i chose Nan comfort to begin with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have seen lots of Bellamy everywhere. I'm sticking to nan gold ha for now. Paed saw the poo colour and consistency (I showed him a photo lol) he said all good and stick with it. He said its trial and error and can be hard finding the right formula.