Closed Thread
Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep lol she gets annoyed when it's too slow. It's not a good thing as my boobs can't keep up haha.
    @bbhope the poo looks normal. She just did another one today which is one day quicker woohoo. Hopefully every second day. I'll be ok with that. It's never hard stool and it's quite mustard in colour so I think poo looks healthy haha.

How come the thermo flask needs to be sterilised? Do you sterilise the hot water at home? I also use thermos at home. I only sterilise bottle, teat, and pumping stuff. I wash the dummy with boiling water as often as I can but obviously can't sterilise them.

Good work with the baby step. That's how it works. Don't do too much too soon

Thanks @Gelati I'll do what I can until my supply dries up

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you sterile the bottle, then, why not the container that holds the water? The boiling water by default is sterilised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is any of you using baby monitor? I am thinking to get one...recommendation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good point @bbhope I always boil the water then put it in thermos so it's ready to use when I need to mix the formula

We use baby monitor. We use angelcare ac1100 which is a breathing monitor as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you think the breathing monitor help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do for a peace of mind but it can also set false alarm. So far it hasn't. The only false alarm is when we take the baby and forgot to turn the monitor off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh you can't sterilise the dummy @Minib? I just throw it in there and sterilise as well. Sometimes dump it in boiling water.

@bbhope I haven't used a monitor yet but I've bought an oricom one. I don't sterilise the water either. I use cooled boiled water mixed with boiled water.

I have a question with bottle feeding. Because ds is getting about 130-150ml each time I try to make sure he goes 3 hrs between feeds. But sometimes he only sleeps 30min so maybe when he wakes it's only 2 hrs but I want to keep the routine wake eat change play sleep. So if your baby wakes before its time for the next feed do you just feed a smaller amount or do you play first and try to wait it out until it's time for the next feed. We've been doing the latter but I find when he feeds after a play he is too tired and makes it harder to feed him. He also falls asleep on the bottle and then just goes straight down so the routine is out. Not sure what to do....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope where do you put the water for formula? How do you sterilise the water jug or container?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I soaked the dummy in boiling water for 5 mins. That's how I 'sterilise' it but I don't put in the avent steriliser. Think I read somewhere about not doing that.
    @Gelati I used to try putting dd to sleep again until her feeding time is up but in the last 1.5 weeks I let her guide me. So when she wakes I feed then play. Lately she's been awake 3 hours sometimes instead of 4. I feed the same amount as i think it's been hot and she's going through a growth spurt. Give and take she might feed a bit more but not much more. If she wakes an hour early normally she goes back to normal routine the next sleep. But I'm asking the paed this question tomorrow.

We just moved dd to the nursery tonight. Didn't realise how bright that room is. She's fascinated about the light but how do i teach her this is night time sleep when it's so bright outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my routine that I try to follow

Day time
    Wake eat change play tummy time sleep

Feed before night sleep
    Wake eat bath sleep

Night time
    Wake feed sleep
    And j tried to feed her around 10-11 pm when she's asleep. Then another feed or two overnight.

If we go out I try to go out straight after a feed and change so the play time is in the car